Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Larkin Gary is here!

Baby came pretty fast, thank god! I swear it was DTD Monday night that really got stuff moving! I had contractions on and off all night that subsided about 730 am. Then they just were sporadic all afternoon about 3 they were more noticeable and I started timing them, about every 5 mins lasting 30 sec. Dh got home about 4 and told me to stop it, as he was scheduled to go out of town Wednesday! Ha, I said oh sure I'm choosing this! I climbed in the tub to try and relax and soon after DS was wanting in! So he climbed in and we chatted about brother and he kissed mommys tummy when she said it has an ouchie! So cute. About 7 I needed DH to help and breath through them and DS started to get scared and upset so we decided it was time to send him to grandpa and meme's place so they came and got him. It was a bit sad he has never been away over night. People always offer to take him but DH and I just never wanted to let him go.
Then by 9 I was really having to breath through them and they were every 10-15 mins and 1 min long. I called L&D and nurse told me she wanted me at every 5 mins lasting 1 min for two hours and if I came in before a 4 they likely would send me home. Dh wanted to come in and get checked but I was convinced that I couldn't be far enough along because my contractions were at 10 mins. So we tried to lay down and sleep! Haha right, contractions started wrapping around to my.back and I had DH put pressure on my.back which helped at first if he could find the.correct spot. So we decided to mark my back, Haha Two big blue X's on my back! I basically stayed on all fours in bed with DH beating my back! About 1130 they were really intense and getting worse in my back so we called and went in. OMG I seriously had a contraction every 5 steps from leaving my bedroom to getting to L&D triage, I had to stop and hang on DH. At that point the pain was so intense in my back breathing wasn't enough, I had to let out long gutteral " ohhhs". Oh gosh I must have scared half of the hospital! I was never vocal with DS1 so no idea where that came from but it helped. When the nurse checked me I was a 6 at around midnight so they sent me to a room.
The contractions got more intense in my back and I was loosing control of my breathing and wasn't coping with th back labor well. Nurse thought he might still be posterior but I really didn't think so. So I got into bed on my knees and tried to breath/ scream through it but though I was going to die so I caved and asked for an epidural, then my water broke and contractions got worse in my back! I swear my water breaking made a pop, but DH said he didn't hear it. So nurse checked me and I was an 8 sometime around 1. They placed an epidural and an intrathecal and gave me a bolus of pain Meds at 125 am. Oh that was fantastic, I don't know how I could have laid on my back and pushed, I was wishing for my chiropractor so badly. I dialated another cm in the time it took her to place the needle and by 2 ish I was ready to push. He pretty much fell out! I did one good push and the doc looked at me and said "I rarely say this but I need you to push less" Haha! So I just sat there and my contractions basically pushed him out while he kicked the whole way! No tearing or cutting thankfully! He was born at 206, 7 lbs 7 oz, 20.5 in long. He had to get suctioned because he came out quick but he is doing fantastic! He latched right away and nursed well. He has been cluster feeding so I'm sure my milk will be in soon! I'm doing well my only physical complaint is I still have quite a bit of pain in my back where my labor was. I think its muscle fatigue and prolly some what induced by DH fists!

DS1 came to visit this am and he did so well! He kissed him right away and touched all over his face, ( his recent game of naming body parts!). It was so great to see that! Dh is at home with him now and called to tell me he is really clingy and just wanting to be held. I miss him and can't wait to get home, hopefully they will let us go home tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20120111_225253.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120111_225233.jpg (12.2 KB, 59 views)

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Tish1973
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh my word is he cute, mama!!! Great work.
Tish1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Larkin Gary is here!

How cute he is!! Congrats mama!! All these beautiful babies being born are making me super anxious!!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats mama! So sorry DH beat you up :-( it was supposed to be squeezing your hips together not pounding on them :-( hope you feel better soon. All in all sounds like a good labor to have! Good Job mama!!
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Great job he's a cutie!!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Aww, so cute! Congrats mama!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
grateful mama13
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Larkin Gary is here!

Congrats!!
grateful mama13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulainAK
Congrats mama! So sorry DH beat you up :-( it was supposed to be squeezing your hips together not pounding on them :-( hope you feel better soon. All in all sounds like a good labor to have! Good Job mama!!
Haha no worries, it was at first but I just needed more pressure. I don't think anything would have helped it at the end.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #9
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congratulations!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #10
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller