Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #31
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ANyone have experience with milk and wheat allergy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
I guess wheat and dairy elimination is not all that uncommon with excema, I found this:

Just a random tid bit, but does seem like it is not an entirely new idea.
In August, I removed wheat, gluten and dairy from my diet. I have endometriosis and was trying to see if I could help myself with diet. I struggled with eczema, psoriasis and acne for most of my life. My skin is about 90% better after removing gluten and dairy. I always had stomach aches too, but everything is getting so much better. It is common with allergies to experience eczema. My mom always just said "it runs in our family" but now, mine is gone. It really is just that everyone in our family has the same allergies, but they choose not to see it. good luck, mama!

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #32
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1
Went to our new pediatrician today and she looked over DS. She thinks his exzema is a reaction to wheat and milk. She also said no citric foods, no nuts, no eggs.

I assume since I breastfeed I have to cut out the same items?

SHe said it is not the same as a gluten or lactose intolerance, that its a what allergy she thinks.

Has anyone had either of these, she said to use spelt instead of wheat and to use goat cheese and milk.

I have no experience in this and have no clue where to even begin to change our diet, how to get meal ideas ect. Could I just use gluten free recipes?

Any tips?

Also is anyone vegetarian? She said to be careful with soy, but most veggie items here are soy based. Not sure what I should eat now. GOat milk and cheese scares the crap out of me
My ODS had a wicked milk allergy that caused excema. We figured it out at around four months old. He was formula fed so we switched formula and it got better immediately and by 2 weeks following it was completely gone. I did not reintroduce dairy until close to one year and he had grown out of it at that point.

YDS got REALLY sick at about 6 months old, he wasn't keeping any solid down. The paed suspected celiac even though the test came back neg (which is normal for under three) but I treated him like he was and cut out gluten and caesin and wheat and slowly we saw an improvement. It was a long road and you have to read EVERY label because gluten is on almost everything and it isn't always labelled as gluten. Even soy sauce has gluten in it.

I just started reading everything I could about gluten free eating and living with celiac. There are lots of good gluten free recipes on the Internet. Just google and you should come up with some great stuff.

Really, I can spell. It's my phone that can'tSent from my iPhone using DS Forum