Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #11
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
to all the c section mamas! Hopefully things will go the way you want them to.

Congrats and good luck to all the mamas who have recently had babies or are in labor, it seems like it is happening so fast and I can't keep up!

Afm: I'm home with ds today, who ha a really nasty virus yesterday. It was bad yesterday, poor baby was so out of it and told me his head, throat, and belly hurt. But it seems it has passed quickly so that is good. I was hoping to finish up all my last minute things for the baby this week but with him home and my nst this afternoon I just don't see much getting done.

Advertisement

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #12
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Re: Winter wonder 1/12

LadyB-hoping you have a better experience than expected
Flmama02-good luck with your csec too! sending both of you quick healing wishes!

Erin-praying today is it....I know it has to be tough not knowing an "exact" date to really gauge "lateness" when you are sooo done! ELV

I posted my "birth" story in the other thread so here it is if you all haven't seen it. There was a bit more drama than expected but all in all it was a good birth. My baby is here and we are doing well. I had a consult with an IBCLC yesterday and she assured me he is latching well, it is just an issue of supply so to supplement when needed and start the domperidone. Hopefully this will boost my supply so I can keep up with him. We are NOT getting much sleep at night due to him being hungry. I'm trying to let him nurse as much as he wants but I'm exhausted.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1333065
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE

Last edited by LaughingPeaMama; 01-12-2012 at 09:29 AM.
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #13
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone. I called and talked to my friend who is gonna Have my doctor's nurse call me after she talks to him. She pretty much told her I'm just really stressed out and how I'd like to know the whole process from start to finish to ease my mind. So she will call me after she talks to him. My friend did say before surgery they will ask me what I do and don't want done in regards to things with the baby etc so I feel a little better. And today I got my post pregnancy jeans (a size up from normal) on!! I've made 2 pregnant friends mad when I told them but I said hey I work my butt off at the gym so why don't I deserve this hmmmmm? Lol so I'll update more later.
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Lady- I hope things go alright for you!

Yikes. I am a witch today. I think I'm a witch at least every other day at this point, heheh. DH has been complaining about his bed (we sleep on two full sized beds that are pushed together so there's room for the kiddos). Came in last night while I was sitting in the living room and yelled at me to "make his bed a priority because his back is killing him". Ok dude, don't talk with me about being comfortable at night right now, lol. We can hardly afford food and rent right now, and I can't squeeze money out of our budget for a new mattress. I could maybe swing another cheapie mattress, but what's the point if we just have to get another one in a year? I am so done with him being such a dang baby. So I told him to switch mattresses with me, I can pile some comforters on his old one and it won't bother me. He says no, because he would never hear the end of it from me @@. Well, what does he think I want to listen to HIM until the end of time? LOL. So I just spent an hour pulling the bedding off the beds and switching the two mattresses around. I'm dead tired and my stomach is tight as a beach ball. I was sort of hoping it would cause my water to break, but no go. Hehehehe. I'm not even going to tell him. He won't switch them back, and I know he wanted them switched he just wouldn't admit it (his wore out way faster than mine because he's at least 100 lbs over what I normally weigh). I put some old comforters on his old mattress, stuck a sheet over it, and a layer of towels in case my water breaks, then a fleece blanket over that so I can't feel the towels, and it's just fine. It was quite a process! He didn't even try making the bed better before he yelled at me, which is really annoying. Bad news is now the new baby can't sleep on it because it's too squishy, so I have no idea what I'm going to do about that. We have a bouncy chair that reclines all the way back, but I don't think babies can sleep in that without supervision? Or can they? We have an arms reach co sleeper, but it's locked in our storage shed and we can't get to it till the stupid deck is done being worked on. Maybe I'll start checking CL for pack n plays. Blah. Thanks if you made it this far, I feel better now that that's all out .

ps- i am loving reading about all these new babies!!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuhhh View Post
Lady- I hope things go alright for you!

Yikes. I am a witch today. I think I'm a witch at least every other day at this point, heheh. DH has been complaining about his bed (we sleep on two full sized beds that are pushed together so there's room for the kiddos). Came in last night while I was sitting in the living room and yelled at me to "make his bed a priority because his back is killing him". Ok dude, don't talk with me about being comfortable at night right now, lol. We can hardly afford food and rent right now, and I can't squeeze money out of our budget for a new mattress. I could maybe swing another cheapie mattress, but what's the point if we just have to get another one in a year? I am so done with him being such a dang baby. So I told him to switch mattresses with me, I can pile some comforters on his old one and it won't bother me. He says no, because he would never hear the end of it from me @@. Well, what does he think I want to listen to HIM until the end of time? LOL. So I just spent an hour pulling the bedding off the beds and switching the two mattresses around. I'm dead tired and my stomach is tight as a beach ball. I was sort of hoping it would cause my water to break, but no go. Hehehehe. I'm not even going to tell him. He won't switch them back, and I know he wanted them switched he just wouldn't admit it (his wore out way faster than mine because he's at least 100 lbs over what I normally weigh). I put some old comforters on his old mattress, stuck a sheet over it, and a layer of towels in case my water breaks, then a fleece blanket over that so I can't feel the towels, and it's just fine. It was quite a process! He didn't even try making the bed better before he yelled at me, which is really annoying. Bad news is now the new baby can't sleep on it because it's too squishy, so I have no idea what I'm going to do about that. We have a bouncy chair that reclines all the way back, but I don't think babies can sleep in that without supervision? Or can they? We have an arms reach co sleeper, but it's locked in our storage shed and we can't get to it till the stupid deck is done being worked on. Maybe I'll start checking CL for pack n plays. Blah. Thanks if you made it this far, I feel better now that that's all out .

ps- i am loving reading about all these new babies!!

What was the point of him yelling at YOU over his darn bed? He's a grown man, he can fix his sleeping area the way he needs, not expect a 9 month preggo mama to do it for him! Holy crap, he would have been sleeping outside if it were my DH pulling that crap on me! LOL!
Don't over work yourself mama!

I'd check CL for a pack n play. That's where our little ones have slept in the very beginning, when not in my arm feeding that is. I'd feel more safe with a baby in there, rather than a bouncer(someone could trip over baby or anything).
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #16
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_B View Post
Thanks everyone. I called and talked to my friend who is gonna Have my doctor's nurse call me after she talks to him. She pretty much told her I'm just really stressed out and how I'd like to know the whole process from start to finish to ease my mind. So she will call me after she talks to him. My friend did say before surgery they will ask me what I do and don't want done in regards to things with the baby etc so I feel a little better. And today I got my post pregnancy jeans (a size up from normal) on!! I've made 2 pregnant friends mad when I told them but I said hey I work my butt off at the gym so why don't I deserve this hmmmmm? Lol so I'll update more later.
on he jeans and that the nurses will call and give you some more info.

Leah- I am mean today too i am trying so hard not to be, but it keeps creeping back up on me

LaughingPea - sorry about the nursing troubles, but I am glad for you that the LC is helping you out and you are getting what you need.

----------------
Mostly I slept like crap and I feel like I am getting another cold, crappy crap crap I have been up forever and now I am just

I took the kids swimming this morning, so hopefully they will be pretty relaxed this afternoon and I can sneak in a nap while Lis down and th ebig kids watch a movie.

tonight we have G's dance class and I think i am on load 3 of 5 laundry wise, typical ...
Old 01-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Destiny- I think he was thinking since I do the budget, I needed to find some way to get him a new bed. I guess he's not capable of trying to figure out where we could get a couple hundred bucks for a new one? He doesn't work full time, but he got mad when I suggested he look for a second job that would give him the extra eight hrs a week so he was at 40 and we could have a little more money. If there was any way for me to be working right now, I would be. I'm so tired of our money situation! I told him to ask his family, but he said oh no nobody in the family has one he could use- but he didn't even check! I just realized MIL hasn't gotten us anything for the baby yet, I think I might have him drop her a hint that we need a pack n play. I do have an area that gets no foot traffic where i could put the bouncer (I was thinking the same thing about someone tripping over her), but it just seems like an awkward place for a baby to sleep. I really wish we could get into our storage area, but the dang door is boarded shut! Lol. We realized the co sleeper was in there the day after the boarded it shut- of course!

eta: i'm in a much better mood now that the bed thing is over with. going to spend the day catching up on laundry. i have tons of diapers to do. i am so tempted to put dd2 into pull ups at this point and ditch the cloth till baby comes!

Last edited by leeuhhh; 01-12-2012 at 11:45 AM.
leeuhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So today had been an awful day. I make enough milk for like 3 kids. I also have a fast let down which pisses Luke off to no end. So at 445 Am he starts a full meltdown. I couldn't get him to latch at all he would and then pull off and scream so my almost healed right nipple is now cracked and hurting again. Dh takes him and calms him down and we finish our nursing session. Dh goes back to sleep and so i am left getting dominic ready for school. Oh and jacob still sick and at hime with me. I was in tears and dh was just like well see ya gotta go to work. Then same thing at 830. I kind I had it figured out so he didn't melt as long. Fed him and handed him off to my friend so I could shower. I felt better after that. She was still holding him and so I went to lay down. 20 minutes later Luke is screaming again. Sigh I'm sure she was bouncing him even though he was sound asleep. So I feed him again. It went a little better. Then we took friend to airport. Yay! I love her to death but she wasn't much help and talked way to much lol and loudly. So now I am waiting for in laws to get here was supposed to just be mother in law has now turned into father in law and 9 year old nephew too. Sigh.

Anyway going to try and squeeze in a quick nap. Soooooooo tired. Good thing Luke only eats every 3 hrs. So I have some time.
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #19
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Eeek stacie! That sounds rough! And three people coming to stay with you? They better be helpful and not in the way. I'd die if MIL came to stay- lmao. I had over production with dd2, but thankfully she ate a TON. Omg she had rolls on top of rolls and our ped joked all the time about how I was lactating butter. Lol. Get some rest and hopefully things will smooth out pretty soon.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #20
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Oh stacie it sounds like my family...they all "want" to be helpful but end up just looking at me like "what?" I seriously wanted to strangle half of them....my mom is coming back this weekend so that should help!
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote