Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Very Best cloth diapers with gussets: Fitteds and AIO/AI2/Pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by olstep View Post
I've been meaning to alter the side snapping pattern for inner gussets. I guess it is time.

I do not have a "waiting list" per se. It is more a "to do" list.
Normally, once I get a payment, I just tell est shipping date. Currently I am booked till the second week of February.
If you like, I can put you on my "to do" list but I can't start till the payment received.

I am curious, how do you like side snapping diapers. Do you find that they work for boys as well as front snapping diapers?
Ok, that would be great, just so you know I am interested. I'm hoping you can do the side snap AI2 and then I'm also interested in your fitteds.

I personally LOVE side snapping diapers for my DS. I think they fit so much trimmer and smoother in the front than front snapping ones. I don't have any girls, so I can't compare how they work for boys vs girls, but I know they are awesome for my moderately wetting 10 month old boy.

Advertisement

mommacissy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #32
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Will make side snapping AI2 for you your little man. Just let me know when you are ready.

I do like the fit of side snapping more than front snapping too. But it was such a PITA to make sure the insert is not caught between the wings and the front but is next to the baby.
I made him pocket style pull-ups and life became so much easier now.
olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #33
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by olstep View Post
Will make side snapping AI2 for you your little man. Just let me know when you are ready.

I do like the fit of side snapping more than front snapping too. But it was such a PITA to make sure the insert is not caught between the wings and the front but is next to the baby.
I made him pocket style pull-ups and life became so much easier now.
Thank you! I can't wait!
mommacissy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #34
olstep
Registered Users
seller

Will be ready to take new orders in about two weeks. Just thought I'd show some of my customs I so much enjoyed working on. Two appliqued AIOs:

Superman scrappy (pieced) AIO cloth diaper

Batman cloth diaper Pocket

Minnesota Vikings AIO

Crimson Tide AIO cloth diaper

And one Sweet Pea Pocket

Cotton knit outer. Hidden PUL. Microchamois inner. I do not recommend cotton outer for Pockets but it is what the customer wanted.

Last edited by olstep; 05-21-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added in bold to answer PMs :)
Old 02-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #35
MichelleSG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That cute little pea cotton outer, that's mine. I know that cotton outer isn't recommended but my family has a thing for the book Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and I followed this particular piece of fabric from the woman who went out of business to Nina who bought it. Then waited until my baby got to one size size so this diaper would last us as long as possible. So yeah, cotton outer. I use it as a pocket, Nina made modifications so it would work as such since she normally does covers. It's an awesome diaper. I can double stuff it for nap time and it still works perfect. No leaks or blow outs (double gussetts are great) and the OS fits particularly well. My lo is 18 lbs and 7 months and has yet to crawl. Which means her thighs redefine the phrase thunder thighs. They're really really big and FB OS don't fit her anymore. At 17lbs. Sad I know but she's only in the 75%, I was kind sad that they didn't fit anymore. Her tummy isn't that big so even the other OS that fit her tend to gap in the tummy area. Nina has a band of elastic at the belly to prevent gaps, it's really nice. I'll be ordering from her again and let me just say, quality product. This diaper was a hit in the household.
Crazy semi-crunchy scientist mama to 1 DD almost 10 yrs old and DD 2 born July '11. CDing, extended vaxing, ERF, even been known to co-sleep (gasp!), and trying my best to baby wear a very persnickety diva.
MichelleSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #36
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

Could you do a custom diaper if I found a fabric I liked and sent it to you? What type of material is recommended for the outer fabric? And how many yards would you need for a one size diaper?

Last edited by tweety612; 03-11-2012 at 10:46 AM.
tweety612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #37
olstep
Registered Users
seller

Yes, I can. Do you have something special in mind? I have over 90 prints in PUL fabric and, I believe, even more in cotton knits.

Fabric for the diaper outer will depend on the type of diaper you are looking for: waterproof or fitted. With some alterations I can use almost anything. But it has to be good quality fabric to withstand numerous washes.

20"x20" should be enough for a diaper unless you look for an adult size.
Hope it helps
Old 03-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #38
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't have anything in mind yet, but I have all solid dipes and want some cute boyish prints for my 21# almost 1yo. I will definitely let you know. I have only used flips and just started using pockets today, which I like, so probably a pocket.

Last edited by tweety612; 03-11-2012 at 01:24 PM.
tweety612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #39
olstep
Registered Users
seller

Sounds good. If you decide to go with your fabric, feel free to contact me before purchasing it.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #40
luvinmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello I would love some custom diapers from you. They look beautiful. I would like a OS fitted like the one pictured (Blue Sherpa - Mint Cotton velour inner)
.I am also interested in a couple OS AIOs in bacon and eggs and the other in robots
I would like the AIOs to be quick dry, so sewn in at one end? Please pm me so we can work out details if you have a custom spot open for me. I didn't see prices for the AIOs?