Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
jbaskc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOTS of babysitting ??'s, both for parents & caregivers...contracts? PLS READ! lo

Advertisement

jbaskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:46 AM   #12
jbaskc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOTS of babysitting ??'s, both for parents & caregivers...contracts? PLS READ! lo

Old 04-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #13
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

*What is a fair rate? Rate totally depends on your area. I charge $125 for 1 child full time (up to 10 hours a day) and overtime of $5 every 1/2 an hour after that (preplanned length, late without notice is $1 per minute). I do give a discount for siblings.

*Do you have a contract? If so, could you *PLEASE* share it with me? (email is jbaskc@psci.net) No, no contract. I have before but with this family it really wasn't needed and we kept forgetting.

*Do you think there would be any problems with me EBF & CD'ing my ds & having another or 2? I had my dc child plus her 2 siblings and my 2 kids while also giving birth (then EBF and Cd'ing the baby while potty training dc child) so no, I don't see an issue with it.

*How many kids do you think is a good #? Same family/multiple families? Here you are only allowed 6 including your own and only 2 can be under 2 years old. Each state has different requirements but all in all I think only take what you can handle. I only do one family at a time regardless of the number of children.

*Do you or the parents provide the food? Do you charge extra if you do? I provide all the food and no I don't charge extra. If the child needed special food, formula, bm or baby food then the parents provide.

*What kind of qualifications would you look for? Expierence in child care, parenting styles, enviorment child will be in and also a trial period is awesome for both provider and parents. Oh and must not forget CPR and First Aid trained/certified

*Do pets make a difference? I don't have any indoors (right now, we put them out for the winter & to get adjusted to the new house, we may or may not bring them back in.) I have one BIG dog and 1 cat that is always hiding. The girls had an issue with the dog until they were around him, now he's the only dog they like. To me it all depends on the pet, the behavior if it can be confined, ect.
*Do you offer/expect structured/educational activities? Yes, to some extent. WE do some large and small mototr skills each day, arts and crafts, reading, work with letters/numbers, ect but all in all we have fun!!

*What do you do if they are vaxed & your baby is not? (ie protecting your child?) My oldest 2 are fully vax'd baby is not, dc child is vax'd. No issues between myself and the family.

Anything else you think is important? I think gut feelings is something to be aware of. A trial period is required in my eyes. A firm understanding of what is expected from both parties and most of all the child's well being and happiness is first in line. I treat my dc just like my own.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:45 PM   #14
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*What is a fair rate? DEFINATELY SEE WHAT OTHER IN-HOME PROVIDERS ARE CHARGING

*Do you have a contract? If so, could you *PLEASE* share it with me? (email is jbaskc@psci.net) ABSOLUTELY USE A CONTRACT!!!

*Do you think there would be any problems with me EBF & CD'ing my ds & having another or 2? NOT AT ALL...JUST MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS KEPT SANITARY AND THAT YOU CAN STILL SUPERVISE WHILE YOU ARE NURSING

*How many kids do you think is a good #? Same family/multiple families? RULE OF THUMB IS 6 INCLUDING YOUR OWN...AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT OVERWHELMED!!!!

*Do you or the parents provide the food? Do you charge extra if you do? PROVIDE THE FOODS THE CHILDREN NEED WITH A MENU OF MEALS/SNACKS...IF PARENTS HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS FOR THE CHILD THEY CAN PROVIDE THE EXTRAS

*What kind of qualifications would you look for? DEFINATELY BEING A PARENT ALREADY IS A PLUS, BUT ANYONE YOU HAVE BABYSAT FOR, ANYWAY TO SHOW RESPONISBILITY AND SUCH. I PERSONALLY FEEL MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE WITH A LICENSED PROVIDER B/C THERE HAS BEEN SOME TRAINING, MAKE SURE YOU ARE UP TO DATE ON ALL CPR AND FIRST AID, AND PART OF THE LICENSURE IS TO HAVE YOUR HOME INSPECTED TO MAKE SURE IT'S 'KID FRIENDLY'

*Do pets make a difference? I don't have any indoors (right now, we put them out for the winter & to get adjusted to the new house, we may or may not bring them back in.) PETS ARE HUGE....IF YOU HAVE AN INSIDE ANIMAL YOU REALLY DO NEED TO MAKE SURE IT CAN BE 'OFF LIMITS' BECAUSE IF ANYTHING WERE TO HAPPEN TO THE KIDS OR THE ANIMAL IT WOULD BE HORRIBLE. THE OTHER ISSUE IS THAT YOU MAY BE LIMITED ON YOUR CLIENTS IF CHILDREN ARE ALLERGIC TO THE PET, AS WELL AS IT BEING MORE WORK TO KEEP THE HOUSE CLEAN FOR THE KIDS...

*Do you offer/expect structured/educational activities? YOU ARE REQUIRED TO!!!! IF YOU WANT TO DO MULITPLE AGE GROUPS YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMETHING OUTLINED DAILY FOR INFANTS/TODDLERS, PRESCHOOL AGE, SCHOOL AGE (IF YOU ARE DOING BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL CARE)

*What do you do if they are vaxed & your baby is not? (ie protecting your child?) YOU CAN CHOOSE TO LET THEM KNOW THAT YOUR DC IS NOT VAXED....I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT OR NOT...I JUST WAS ALWAYS UPFRONT WITH THE PARENTS AND LET THEM KNOW ANYTHING THAT THEY MIGHT FIND OUT DOWN THE ROAD THAT THEY MIGHT BE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH. IF IT'S A GOOD MATCH THEN IT WILL STILL HAPPEN REGAURDLESS...

Anything else you think is important? COVER YOUR BUTT WITH GETTING A LICENSE...I THINK HERE (IN COLORADO) YOU HAVE TO TAKE A 40-HOUR COURSE AND THEN GO THROUGH THE LICENSING...IT'S NOT THAT BAD AND IT WILL HELP YOU A LOT IN THE END GOOD LUCK MAMA!

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #15
jbaskc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

because we could &*really* use the money right now!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #16
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://nrc.uchsc.edu/STATES/states.htm

*What is a fair rate? Agree with pp. We live in south GA and typical rate is 90-130 something a week or more. Other places can run up to 500 a week!!

*Do you have a contract? If so, could you *PLEASE* share it with me? (email is jbaskc@psci.net) I'm not the caregiver but we don't have a contract.

*Do you think there would be any problems with me EBF & CD'ing my ds & having another or 2? don't see why not

*How many kids do you think is a good #? Same family/multiple families?
JMO - I wouldn't do no more than 4-5 kids per adult without assistance from another adult. Also depends on the space you have in your home.

*Do you or the parents provide the food? Do you charge extra if you do? We as the parents provided the milk, juice and some food. Our DCP has provided some food now that ds is big enough and eating table foods. We bring most of it though

*What kind of qualifications would you look for? Experience, background, references...mine came recommended through a coworker and she's kept kids for years

*Do pets make a difference? as long as no children have allergy issues and the pets aren't very high maintenance or threatening to the children.

*Do you offer/expect structured/educational activities? My DCP does and when DS turns 2 he'll transfer to another lady who does a lot more structured/educational activities

*What do you do if they are vaxed & your baby is not? (ie protecting your child?) I don't see why this is a problem as long as they are honest about their child's health..like when they are sick and stuff.

Anything else you think is important?

when thinking of the contract....really read deep into this. You know you want to be flexible at times but at the same time have to stand your ground. What if parents want you to do things a certain way you aren't comfortable with, what if you end up with a problem child - yet parents act like they are an angel at home - what will you do in that situation, How sick can a child be before they are asked to stay home instead of being in your daycare...like my son is allowed to go if he has a mild cough or runny nose. If fever accompanies he's out, or if the runny nose turns real mucousy he stays out, bunches of things to think about in your contract/guidelines.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:52 AM   #17
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*What is a fair rate? I babysit from after school til the mom gets out of work(3-5) and it's 3 kids (2,7 and 10) they pay me $15 per day.

*Do you have a contract? If so, could you *PLEASE* share it with me? (email is jbaskc@psci.net) We don't have a contract.

*Do you think there would be any problems with me EBF & CD'ing my ds & having another or 2? I nursed my DD while babysitting, I just tried to be discreat (sp). But their mom was a nursing Mom, so they were used to it.

*How many kids do you think is a good #? Same family/multiple families?
Like I said I have 3 from the same family.

*Do you or the parents provide the food? Do you charge extra if you do? I provide snacks, but I wish the parents did, these kids can eat!! I didn't think of that when I started.

*What kind of qualifications would you look for? I made my cousin take a babysitting course before I let her watch my DS, but that ws because she'd never been around kids/babies much.

*Do pets make a difference? I don't have any indoors (right now, we put them out for the winter & to get adjusted to the new house, we may or may not bring them back in.) We have a dog, we just are careful.

*Do you offer/expect structured/educational activities? Nope. When they get here after school they want to play or relax. I will help with homework if needed.

*What do you do if they are vaxed & your baby is not? (ie protecting your child?) All are vaxed.

Anything else you think is important?

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #18
mommyofnoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I recommend the book "Start and Run A Home Daycare by Catherine M. Pruissen" I has a CD-rom with all kinds of forms and contracts that I used and adapted to fit my needs.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #19
rebyell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=jbaskc;980893]

I'm now considering getting a WOHM job to help get by I DO NOT want to have to do this! I EBF my ds, who is only 3 months old & I'm bi-polar/manic-depressive/whatever you wanna call it...QUOTE]

Hey mama, sorry for the finance trouble, with you saying you are having health issues, I would make sure this is what you think would be best for your family and others. I know that even though I feel well mentally (most days!), I would not be able to take on anymore children than my own. I would also feel more isolated since I don't think I would be able to take that many children out anywhere.

I know how overwhelming it is when I just have an extra niece or nephew or 2 over for the day. I am not saying it is a bad idea, just make sure you are going to be able to stay healthy (mentaly/emotionally) while doing it. Many people are great at it, love it and have the energy to do it.

Last edited by rebyell; 05-04-2007 at 03:53 PM. Reason: posted without writing anything!
rebyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #20
jbaskc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=rebyell;1041958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaskc View Post

I'm now considering getting a WOHM job to help get by I DO NOT want to have to do this! I EBF my ds, who is only 3 months old & I'm bi-polar/manic-depressive/whatever you wanna call it...QUOTE]