Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
cobbermama's Avatar
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,253
Should I Take Her in Tonight Or Wait Until Tomorrow

Two kiddos as DD's day care were diagnosed with pneumonia this week. Ugh. DD (3 1/2 mo. old) has had a yucky cold for a week or so. When I picked her up today our DCP told me that she pretty much slept all day and was a little fussy, which is NOT typical, and was starting to get a rattly cough. She fell asleep again in the car on the way home, which she never does. Her temp right now is 99.5... Should I just to ahead and take her in to urgent care tonight? Or see how she is in the morning?? It's not a super high temp, but with the start of the cough and the other two out with pneumonia...

Advertisement

__________________
If I have b/s/t with you, odds are good I owe you feedback. You may have to remind me a time or six.
cobbermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
LuvMyKs2010's Avatar
LuvMyKs2010
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Haslet, TX
Posts: 590
My Mood:
Re: Should I Take Her in Tonight Or Wait Until Tomorrow

I'd take her. Pneumonia can get very serious very fast. My DD had pneumonia when she was 18 months and never ran a super high temp either. She just slept all day. That's how we knew something was wrong. I had taken her to the doctor a day before that and was told she had allergies. Needless to say I never went back to that doctor.
__________________
~Tanya~ Wife to Bill (10/06) , co-sleeping, attachment parenting mom to DD Kaleigh (07/06), DS Kody (12/10), Rainbow Baby due January 2015. Birthmom to Amy (09/98). Surro Angel May 1, 2013 24w5d
LuvMyKs2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
jefesita's Avatar
jefesita
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,097
Re: Should I Take Her in Tonight Or Wait Until Tomorrow

with an exposure like that, her age, and how she is now go in.
__________________
Heather. LDS, homeopathic, Gluten Free, dye free. Mom to 6.5 yo DS 4yo DD and 1.5 yo DD born in the car . Ask me about essential oils!
jefesita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
juliasmom's Avatar
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 2,561
My Mood:
At 3 months old, I would take her in tonight. If tomorrow werent saturday and you could see your pedi tomorrow, then I might wait. You would still have to go to Urgent Care tomorrow, so why wait.
__________________
Kim wife to Kyle and mommy to Julia 2/15/2010 and Clara 5/7/2012
juliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
ajane's Avatar
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 16,101
My Mood:
Listen to your instincts mama.
__________________
sahm to 3 little women and 1 little man who keep me extremely busy and take all of my time away from here!
I have LOTS of toys to sell....My Little Pony, Fisher Price ramp & speedway, Littlest Pet Shop, you name it I probably have it! PM me!
ajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
jjordan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,810
Re: Should I Take Her in Tonight Or Wait Until Tomorrow

I'd take her in. My understanding is that pneumonia isn't contagious per se, but in little babies a cold can turn into pneumonia relatively easily because they're not strong enough to cough stuff out, so the gunk can get into their lungs and - voila! - pneumonia. Ours was just in the hospital with pneumonia last week, and really it seemed like just a cold, and then one day where she wasn't her usual happy self.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
DalesWidda's Avatar
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Delavan, WI
Posts: 5,885
My Mood:
Re: Should I Take Her in Tonight Or Wait Until Tomorrow

go go go for sure tonight. It might be nothing serious, but it could be and better safe than sorry.
__________________
Tanya mama to three wonderful girls
DalesWidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
stayinhomewithmy6's Avatar
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,860
My Mood:
Re: Should I Take Her in Tonight Or Wait Until Tomorrow

Can you call your pediatrician and see what they say? They might say take her in tonight for sure, or they might say to wait and see what happens. When in doubt, I always call and ask because I know I can trust their opinion. If she doesn't really need to go in, then you would be possibly exposing her to other things unnecessarily.
__________________
Proud Mama to 4 boys and 2 girls!
STORE CLOSING SALE! 10% off all in stock knits!
Squeezy Baby Knits.

Last edited by stayinhomewithmy6; 01-13-2012 at 06:52 PM.
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #9
magoose's Avatar
magoose
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,295
Re: Should I Take Her in Tonight Or Wait Until Tomorrow

I''d say go in tonight too. Don't want to mess around with those things. Better safe than sorry.
__________________
Nurse, wife to my best friend , mama to Patrick (10/07/09) and Brandon (06/03/12)
magoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
escapethevillage's Avatar
escapethevillage
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,351
My Mood:
Re: Should I Take Her in Tonight Or Wait Until Tomorrow

At three months, I'd take her in tonight. If she were 15 months, I'd wait.

I probably wouldn't take her to the Emergency room... only urgent care, and hopefully nobody tries to touch her while you are there.
__________________
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.