Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Moms of only boys/only girls

So we found out a while back we are having a boy... meaning that since DH is 100% done after this, I am going to be a mommy of only boys!

So weigh in for me... parents of only one gender... do you ever feel "left out" or that you are "missing out" on something???

I sometimes feel like I am going to miss out on all the girlie things that my mom & I did...

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
lovemygirlseques
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I dont feel I am missing anything by having all girls. I'm so used to it I'm not sure what I would do with a boy (as in, I have the girl thing pretty much down, but not much knowledge on being a boy mom).

I also have 4 nephews, so i do get to experience doing things with them
Old 01-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have three boys, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I don't have any desire to have a daughter, actually. I love my friends' daughters, but I'm content with all boys.

Besides, I'll eventually have daughter-in-laws, and I'm sure at least one of my three boys will produce a daughter. If I ever feel sad about not having a daughter, I suppose I can think about that.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Nope. I think I'm more cut out to be a mom of boys. We have two so far, and hubby is thinking we will be done with three. While part of me would like to have a daughter, I feel like our family won't be complete until we have a 3rd son. So, if he really sticks to his guns that it is 3 and done, I hope we have another boy. (though my ideal was always boy/boy/girl/boy).
Old 01-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
piccolo41099
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of only boys/only girls

When we only had the four boys I did feel like I was missing out on all the fun girly things.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I have six boys, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
babylove_browneyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 daughters. I also have 2 sisters. Besides my dad and my husband there are only girls in the family. I reallllllly want a mommas boy. I love all my girls and even if I had a boy he'd prob get dressed up ike a girl lol. I feel left out sometimes because all my girls are daddys girls. Besides the baby, she likes me for the milk lol.
babylove_browneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have two boys and we will never have any more children. I do not feel like I am missing out on anything at this point. I know women always talk about the mother daughter bond, and I am far closer to my own mother than my MIL so perhaps things will change when my boys are grown but I hope not. I am sure a part of that is just that I have always been close with my mother and dh was never as close with his. I am very close with my own boys, they are both mommy's boys. There is nothing that I could do with a daughter that I can't do with my son's and nothing that I would rather be doing right now than raising my boys. I am not the most girly of girls though. I work part time as a large equipment mechanic, and don't mind getting dirty. My boys enjoy Taekwondo as well as skating and dance. We're pretty fluid.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
MamaJax2010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Don't get me wrong, I adore my boys. They are my entire world...but I would love a girl. Do all the girly things...help her on her wedding day, be there late at night for her when HER babies are up.. I would love a girl...at the same time I think I could be content if we never have one. You learn to work with what the good Lord blesses you with.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have only boys and I don't feel like I'm missing out. We aren't done adding to our family, but I do sometimes feel like I'll only have boys and I'm totally fine with that. I only have boys so that is all I know. I don't know what I'm missing.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote