Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of only boys/only girls

I have three girls. I always wanted girls. And at this point in my life, if I ever had any more, I'd probably want more girls. It seems like it would be hard to introduce a boy into a family that has been all girl for so long. Anyways, I am a very girly girl so it's perfect for me. That doesn't mean I don't let them do what they want though. My oldest took Taekwondo, my middle one tried soccer, but all three ended up in dance. They all do pageants too. And I love doing hair, making tutus and hairbows. So, no I guess I really don't feel like I'm missing out. I have a nephew and a step grandson and at the end of the day, I'm so ready for them to take themselves home, along with their boogers, mud, and energy. LOL

ETA: I will say that for my LDH's sake I wanted a boy when I was pregnant with my youngest but that is because we knew he was terminal and he had three girls from a previous marriage. It was very important to him to have a boy. He felt it was his second chance. I cried at the ultrasound. DH was so happy with his little girl though, he wasn't disappointed in the least. I don't think he really expected a boy. LOL

Advertisement

Last edited by DalesWidda; 01-12-2012 at 08:57 PM.
DalesWidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #12
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I have 2 girls and am content. It's DH that feels left out. He really wants a boy.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #13
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have four boys now.

When I had two, I really wanted the third to be a girl and was a little sad when it was a boy. Well needless to say he is like the superstar of the family and is adored by everyone! He's probably going to be a stinker as we have a hard time saying no to such a funny character! I felt a little like I would be missing out for a bit.

Then I got pg with no. 4 and somehow I knew he was a boy from the start. So I wasn't really disappointed with gender or anything. I'm now more content then I ever was as I know I'm done and this is how it is.

I grew up with all girls(mom and sister in my home) so it's very very interesting having all boys.

I also got a wake up call getting to know some older (7yr old) girl friends of DS. I quickly realized that boys are so much easier and I'm so used to boys now that girls would probably drive me crazy with drama. Especially these days I think it's much easier to parent a boy than a girl, compared to when we were kids.

My friends with boys/girls say that the boys are so much easier too.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Well, I don't mind having all boys at all. I got to have a very close relationship with my mom and grandma. I guess I don't feel like I'm missing it with daughters because I already had it, if that makes sense? I would have loved a girl, but I love my boys the same. I would always be happy with whatever. I will admit that I'm not as good at "boy games" I have had to learn all the super heros and transformers, but it really isn't my thing. It's pure love to play the boy games. I also have very nice SILs that let me indulge in buying girlie clothes for birthdays and christmas, and that gets the buying bug out of me. Sorry, but sometimes it's just fun to buy a newborn tutu!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJax2010 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I adore my boys. They are my entire world...but I would love a girl. Do all the girly things...help her on her wedding day, be there late at night for her when HER babies are up.. I would love a girl...at the same time I think I could be content if we never have one. You learn to work with what the good Lord blesses you with.
My MIL was actually equally involved in our wedding. She did lots of shopping with me, and I wanted her included in everything. I am very close to my mom, but I knew it was important to her. DH is a teeny bit of a mama's boy, but I don't mind. I get that. I love my mom too. Boys just get more flack for it, IMO. I love that he adores her. I think it is totally possible to have a genuinely close relationship with ILs. I know it isn't exactly the same, but family is family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
I have three boys, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I don't have any desire to have a daughter, actually. I love my friends' daughters, but I'm content with all boys.

Besides, I'll eventually have daughter-in-laws, and I'm sure at least one of my three boys will produce a daughter. If I ever feel sad about not having a daughter, I suppose I can think about that.
My grandfather's mother had all boys (the one baby girl died very young) and then he and his brother's had all boys. He had all boys. Out of the grandchildren I am the lone girl (yes, I was absolutely spoiled ). I have all boys and I expect to work on a relationship with my daughter-in-laws and work hard with my MIL too. Something in my mind has alway just told me to love what I have and not wish for something else. My dad was the 3rd boy and although my grandma adored him, he wasn't a girl. Anyway, not saying that you would ever do that or anything (and I really did adore my grandma, and I know she thought she hid it, but you know), just some families really are BOY families. Your post of SOMEONE having a daughter just made me a bit!
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #15
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have two girls. I always wanted at least one daughter, to dress up, cook with and shop with. Never had a strong NEED for a son. I was slightly disappointed when we found out DD2 was a girl. One of each just seemed perfect, ya know? But seeing my girls together, I realize that sisters can have the most wonderful bond and I'm glad that they have that. Now #3 is not completely off of the table, though negotiations are on hold for at least 2 years. I would be fine with my two girls, although I like giving birth and want to have one last pregnancy/birth. A third girl would be ok with me, too.DH has now decided that IF we have a third (and last) child he REALLY, REALLY wants a son. I kinda rather stay at two than risk his disappointment.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #16
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
I was devastated when I realized our second was also a boy. Dh always aid he was done at two, and I wanted a girl SO badly. I finally started coming to terms with it, and I even kept a running list of why I was glad to have boys instead of girls (princess dresses, princess dresses in carseats, hairbows, the color pink, girl drama, Justin Bieber, etc.). Then I was pregnant for a few weeks and miscarried. And I started the grief process all over again, multiplied by a billion. Then I finally got over the idea of never having a girl. Then I got pregnant again (I swear we were using condoms every time). I knew very early on it was a girl, and now I'm terrified. All of those things on that list are really starting to make having a girl seem like a lot less fun.
We're never happy. It's life.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #17
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh View Post
I have four boys now.

When I had two, I really wanted the third to be a girl and was a little sad when it was a boy. Well needless to say he is like the superstar of the family and is adored by everyone! He's probably going to be a stinker as we have a hard time saying no to such a funny character! I felt a little like I would be missing out for a bit.

Then I got pg with no. 4 and somehow I knew he was a boy from the start. So I wasn't really disappointed with gender or anything. I'm now more content then I ever was as I know I'm done and this is how it is.

I grew up with all girls(mom and sister in my home) so it's very very interesting having all boys.

I also got a wake up call getting to know some older (7yr old) girl friends of DS. I quickly realized that boys are so much easier and I'm so used to boys now that girls would probably drive me crazy with drama. Especially these days I think it's much easier to parent a boy than a girl, compared to when we were kids.

My friends with boys/girls say that the boys are so much easier too.

I agree, boys are so much easier. The drama is less. There is more energy and bouncing but the fights are easier to navigate. They get mad and then they get over it. Plus I like all of the same toys that they do (I was into Marvel super heroes and Transformers as a kid) so I get what they are into. I can't like Bieber or keep up with girl trends. I love my nieces but an afternoon with my teenaged niece is exhausting.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #18
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone! I feel like I am going to miss out on the baby girl stuff... However, I have a bff who has a baby girl that I can spoil I'm so "out of the loop" when it comes to boy stuff and what's cool - it's a good thing my 4 year old knows!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

It's funny that the PPs with boys say boys are easier. I have all girls and I think they are easier! LOL. For the record we don't have Justin Bieber in this house. Blech. Whenever my nephew and grandson are over I'm ready for the nuthouse, seriously. My nephew never sits still and my grandson is so messy, licks his fingers at the table, burps and farts on purpose, and picks his nose. Yuck

Ok now before everyone gets on me about the fact that all boys aren't like that, just remember that girls are not all about drama, dresses, and princesses either. LOL
Old 01-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have two boys, and am quite content. I actually think I'd be bummed if we had a third and it was a girl, b/c it sort of complicates things. I'd have to do hair, fuss with dresses and tights, etc. I'd have to have some separate toys and change decor. My boys are pretty low maintenance and I am thankful for that.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote