Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #31
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of only boys/only girls

Wow I feel like I could have written your post My first son was 4 1/2 when my second son arrived, and DH is now done and had his snip snip. I did hope for a girl w/both my pregnancies, and I would be happy to have a little girly surprise if that happened, but am content w/boys. Boys are fun and sweet in their own way. I do not have any sisters, grew up with three brothers, so I am comfortable with boys.

When I think about my relationship w/my mom, when I was growing up, I feel like she and I were *very* different. I wanted to feel close to her, but as I reached adolescence we only grew apart.

Maybe if I had a girl she and I would be different, too, and things would not turn out as I had hoped. Maybe the bonding time I hoped to have would not have worked out...it's almost better not to have those kind of hopes/preconceptions.

My mom and I have a friendly relationship now, although we are not close and are still very different (yet also very similar in ways).

I am not disappointed at all with how things turned out, now that they have happened. I would not trade my boys for girls, and I think we will make new memories as they grow up

Advertisement

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #32
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWidda View Post
It's funny that the PPs with boys say boys are easier. I have all girls and I think they are easier! LOL.
Comparing my and my friends boys to my friends girls, I think girls are easier when they are little, but are much harder as teens! My boy can be very sweet and polite, but when he's mad... I'm telling you, he learned it from no where, but he will throw himself on the ground, kick and hit and scream bloody murder. Of course, even my mother had to comment and say her boys were harder as toddlers, but NEVER like DS. Haha.. thanks mom, really reassuring! The people that know my son and have seen him at his worst are honestly JAW DROPPED when they see a tantrum. They honestly do not think my sweet little boy could be THAT BAD! .. Yup! I sure hope this next boy isn't as difficult!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #33
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am knocked up with girl #4 and had a good cry over it when we found out. It's funny to me now but if you knew me, you'd agree that I'd be more likely a mama of all boys rather than girls. I am just not girly, never been, no interest to be. I did always just want some of each so that is where the mourning came in. Until recently, I was sure this would be our last but dh has agreed he wouldn't necessarily mind another maybe.

In any case, so far so good. Everyone's still alive and well for the most part . I've come to terms with the fact that I might never have a boy although I will still hope for one if there is a next time.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #34
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110

I get it, it is just that for me I never understood girls when I was little either. I didn't play with other girls with one exception, the girl who lived next door who liked mud pies and sports more than dolls just like I did. I've always only had guy friends. I understand them and we like the same things. As a teen the girls would talk endlessly about the boys they liked while I wanted to talk about what I was studying, the book I was reading or the new skating trick I had learned. Did I mention I was a nerd? Most of the guys forgot I wasn't a guy and most of the girls hated me because they were just sure I was trying to steal the guys they were interested in (I didn't get that at the time, I was just hanging out with my friends). I've personally never found girls to be any cleaner than boys, especially if my nieces are anything to go by. My 14 year old niece claims everything is a finger food. I just laugh at her. She plays every sport you can imagine and she belches as loud as she can (I think she finally out grew wiping her nose on her shirt). My 10 year old son can play in the mud without ever getting dirty and I've yet to figure that one out. I want the kid to get dirty but he is too fastidious to do it (I guess I rubbed off on him). I'm obsessed with keeping the house clean but I want the kids to enjoy playing and getting messy while they can. I think it is just a kid by kid thing and also who they grew up around because my other niece is a bit neater and a little less into sports. She also prefers princesses. They both are far more dramatic than my boys though. It just seems to be the nature of the way girls interact with each other. Not that no boys ever do it but in my experience it happens far less. I think it tends to be natural for a mother to want a daughter and I think it is also natural for most mothers to find it easier to raise a daughter, after all we are women and should understand them right? I'm just saying for me boys are easier and not probably for most of the reasons most people think. I try not to fall into the gender stereo typing because it is definitely an individual personality thing (my 10 year old can be incredibly dramatic when he wants to and he cries at the drop of a hat) but I've always just had an easier time with boys in general. I think I may just be one of those people who was meant to be a mom of boys.
I could have written the top part of your post BUT I have all girls and I have found that my personality has tempered the obscene girly girl in my kids. I am raising girls I might have been friends with as a teen because I would not tolerate girls like the ones i stayed away from. So there's a perk to a total 'non-girl' raising all girls I suppose lol.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #35
R055ANA
Registered Users

Hi there!

Interesting post. I have 4 DDs and I am happy. I believe we are done having kids and I don't miss having a boy AT ALL. When I was pregnant w/ 3 and 4 I was hoping it wouldn't be a boy because like PPs have said we are all set up for girls. I wouldn't know what to do w/ a son. I am also sure I would get into debates w/ DH about our son playing w/ the dolls we already own.

I am not a girly girl but I am sure I fit in to some of the girl stereo types (just about all of us do). My girls like playing w/ dolls but we really don't do princesses here. They are dramatic at times but they also like to play outside and get dirty digging.

People are always asking us if we are trying for another boy and we don't want one. I am sure we would make him fit in if we had one : )
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote