Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #21
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Winter wonders chat 1-13

our cat is driving me crazy! i can't tell if it's me being pg, or the fact that i changed his feeding schedule, though. he still gets the same amount, but i split it into two feedings. he tends to get fat if we give him too much, so he's on a perma- diet. lol. he's always underfoot though, and he just sits like a foot away from me staring me down. probably thinking "oh god, another one of those tail- pulling things is going to be coming out of you, isn't it?". lmao. poor kitty gets tortured!

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #22
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieandtheboys View Post
Hmm I don't know if I am done but if we do have another I want it to be in the next 2 years. DH says he is happy with our family now and it feels complete to him but he is the one that always gets bit by the baby bug first!

I have thought about dtd too and it has only been a week. I will be more than ready I'm sure in a few weeks. I didn't tear or anything so physically I will be ok by then.

Well ths mornings nursing we MUCH better. I think I am still going to get a nipple shield to get them healed up. I just wasn't holding him right again I guess. I still will probably either get my doula to stop by or see the LC here in town. There is only one so I hope she is good!

Luke slept from 1030 until 230 and then 330 until 730. I feel so good! His cord came off too which makes me so sad because it means he is getting bigger already! Going to give him his first bath tonight I am going to try him in his BG. He is peeing out of the kissaluvs already!
for better nursing and boo on getting big already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
Howdy! Nothing new here.

Aotd- hoping not our last. Makes me too sad to think. We want at least 6 but prefer 8-10. We'll see what God allows

Off to sams club- gotta walk walk walk
lots of labor vibes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulainAK View Post
I'm really worried about DH going to work today. We have a lot of snow and it just keeps coming. It could take 30-45 min for him to get home if he left the min I called. I had show all three times I went pee last night. And I'm crampy and my breasts ache this am. I feel like this could be my day but I've said that before. I also feel nauseas and like I'm gonna cry. So I'm completely hormonal. just talked to DH. I don't think he wants to try to stay home. :-( he's ok with how long it'll take him to get home. I just feel like this is gonna go really fast once it starts. I guess we'll see

Aotd: yes most definitely my last baby :-)
hope you go into labor today ( but slowly enough for your DH to make it home of course).

----------------------
AOTD: yes this is our last. Dh is going to get a V. I love all the kids but 4 is good for us, i feel like we are just done. I am sure I will miss newbies but yet I feel like our family will be complete, kwim? It is nice b/c we both feel done with 4, although I want to make sure baby is here and healthy before I let DH get his surgery.

Just cleaning and boring stuff here today. I have been sleeping like crap again, and I have been having BH's a ton over the last 2 days, so freaking uncomfortable, ugh!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh and Destiny IDK maybe your dog does know something is up. Our pets have never acted too differently, except once. When we were getting ready to leave for the hospital with our first, one of our cats came in and peed on the carpet right in front of me. I am sure it was about the stress, excitement etc.. but I really thought I would kill her It takes a lot to make a zoologist say that I completely freaked out and insisted that we clean the carpet before we left, we couldn't bring the baby home to cat pee smell. So I was on my hands and knees steam cleaning the carpet while having contractions When DH came downstairs to go, he was more than a little confused.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #24
grateful mama13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Destiny View Post
DH said our dachshund wouldn't leave my side this morning when he tried to get him to go outside to go potty, Buddy just kept looking at me, laying against me as I was sleeping(I was lucky enough to doze off for about an hour or so!). I can only hope that maybe he senses something more than I do I've never went into labor on my own, and doubt I will this time, but it's still fun to wonder!

Any ones animals act differently closer to due date time?
Haven't really noticed anything different as far as closer to the due date.. but I have a momma dog and one of her pups thats about a yr and half old.. They were seperated for about 6 months and the momma decided she didnt like her, would attack her for no reason at all.. After I got pregnant, the bigger I got they started getting along.. momma started gaining weight,nipples got bigger and started cleaning her like she did when she was a pup.. and it's been non stop since!
grateful mama13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #25
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Destiny
DH said our dachshund wouldn't leave my side this morning when he tried to get him to go outside to go potty, Buddy just kept looking at me, laying against me as I was sleeping(I was lucky enough to doze off for about an hour or so!). I can only hope that maybe he senses something more than I do I've never went into labor on my own, and doubt I will this time, but it's still fun to wonder!

Any ones animals act differently closer to due date time?
My lab mix wouldn't leave me alone and he would just sit and stare at me. It was irritating, I told him unless he could predict labor to get out of my face! Contractions started within 24 hrs. DH even said something about it.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #26
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

my dog wouldn't leave my side when i was pg with my other kids, this time he is outdoors so he isn't around me much other than going out for his potty walks.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dh would be totally fine if this was our last one. I know getting anymore would be negotiations out the wazoo lol. I'm gonna go back on the pill afterwards. We made it work for us for 4 years and both out babies were planned , this one just took longer to get.

As for pets my lab pretty much already thinks I'm incapable of taking care of dd so I'm sure he will fuss over the baby. The cat will try and lay on him like everyone else so I'll be watching him the most. And puppy dog (zuchon) is pretty clueless about life anyways I doubt he will notice lol. We got him when I was already pregnant do he will be surprised to see how much faster I am at catching him to put him in his cage lol. He is getting a hair cut as we speak. I pulled the "I'm about to have a baby soon please squeeze him in" line to get him in today lol.
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #28
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Aaah, we got out of the house to the pet store (the kids love the pet store- our own ghetto zoo lol) and the bank, then went for a long drive. I always feel so much better if I can get out for a while. Now I am TIRED. I even had a cup of coffee, and I'm still tired! If it wasn't for my little dd I would be dead asleep right now. She is into everything though so I can't close my eyes for even a second.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #29
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

AOTD: Probably is our last, that has always been the plan anyway. Dh wanted to get a V as soon as this one was born, but now he wants to wait. So, not sure if he is just scared or actually wants another deep down inside. We shall see, but this is most likely the last.

After DD was born, we waited 3 weeks to DTD again. Partly though because DH had to leave on a school trip when DD was 2 weeks and was gone until 3 weeks....otherwise it may have been sooner. But I didn't tear.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #30
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We waited 6 weeks to the day. Dh told me for a few days before "Saturday is 6 weeks....". But in his defensive we dtd the night he came back Iraq and the night he flew to Ohio. So he went 7 months with no lovin to some tease to 6 more weeks.
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote