Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

input needed...

i would like your opinion of what to buy or not buy...

in this case i am looking at a Arm's reach co-sleeper...either the mini or org. version...there is only 8inches difference in width...

or just use the bassinet on my packnplay that i already own...

my plan was to...
have pack-n-play in livingroom for naps and such during the day...and then get a co-sleeper for beside the bed...that way baby is right at bed level and easy to get to for bfing...

my neighbor has a cosleeper that i am going to go look at...her baby is still using it but i wanted to see one in action so that i can compare it to the bassinet on my packnplay...i am leaning toward getting the mini cosleeper...but like the idea that the org. one can be used later as a packnplay and i don't think that the mini can be used for anything else...correct me if i am wrong.

thanks for givng me your

Advertisement

Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

Re: input needed...

In your shoes, I would DEFINITELY get the co-sleeper; I don't know anything about the mini versus full size versions of the co-sleeper, but I do know that (IME) the bassinette part of the pack 'n play isn't very good and can't be used for very long. A co-sleeper will be FAR easier to deal with through the night. To be honest, I wouldn't use the pack 'n play bassinette part for naps in the livingroom either, I would use some other type of bassinette instead, one with more padding and more stability.
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

The bassinet on pack and plays often is only usable til 15 lbs. Depending on babys size that can be 3 months or less, if that makes a difference.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
LittleABC
Registered Users
Formerly: greenfamily9200
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have the arms reach original. I love it. It has gone thru all 3 of my kids. I use it for trips and everything. It has been wonderful. I am going have to sell it as we aren't have any kids. And I will be sad to see it go. It is still as sturdy and wonderful as the first time I used it. Best of luck in your choosing.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
Zoethink
Registered Users
seller

We have a Arms-reach co-sleeper CONVERTIBLE. It is the same size as the co-sleeper mini but it has co-sleeper option, bassinet option, and PNP option. It is small so we only use the PNP set up for sleeping (not playing because it would be too tight with baby and toys).

We've loved it. We had DS in it as a co-sleeper until he could roll, then as a bassinet until he could pull up on the sides. (Technically I think you are only supposed to use it as a bassinet until they are 5 months, but DS didn't pull up on the sides until he was almost 7 months. He's a small guy too, so you'd have to look at weight specs.)

I think the weight limit for the PNP option is 30 lbs so we are going to use it as his crib until then.
Zoethink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

the mini can only be used for the first 3 months (per the manual on mine). I think you should go with the original if you can, to have the pnp option. Plus your baby probably will not be sleeping in the living area for too long....looks like you have a full house so there will be more activity. It won't be long before baby will need some sort of quiet, calm area.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

I have the mini and DD used it until she could start pulling herself up, which was about 7 months. It worked really well for our needs. We already had a pack n play so I didn't want what was essentially another one. We also don't have tons of space. But we also have a crib to transition her too eventually. I guess if you wanted to use it longer term I'd get the original so you could drop the mattress when she starts pulling up