Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Talk to me about baby wearing.....

I like the look of the sleepy wrap! I've always wanted to try a wrap but they looked so complicated and since the baby k'tan stumped me I figured I wouldn't even try. Love the look of that though so maybe I can actually get the hang of it.

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Little late to the thread, but I loved my ergo when Joey was older but I hated the infant insert. He slipped and slided and would cry. It was awful. It turned me off of baby wearing (I thought it just wasn't for us... never occured to me to try a new carrier...). Not sure what I will try this time around!

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010) and one on the way due in Aug!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

How big was Joey? My babies are usually around 9 pounds. But I am leaning more toward the beco butterfly from things I have read.... although I do also see that it is hotter.... and we are usually in the 100s in August. ugh

I am wondering if the Beco Butterfly and the Ergo with Newborn insert are about equal for the hot department.....

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #14
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The nice thing about the beco is when they are bigger you can remove The insert. But that option is only in the butterfly 2. Frogmama has a greats sell back program (that's how she has so many used becos and other carriers on her site) do you could sell back to her if it wasn't a good fit.

Married to DH 4 years, DD born 3/2009
sonitaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

He was 8.5 pounds. I didn't even try using it 'til he was a month old though so he was probably around nine. Don't get me wrong - I love my ergo! Just couldn't get the infant part down.

I am suprised the beco gets hot reviews. My good friend had a becco in Florida and used it all summer. I actually thought hers looked cooler than my ergo. Definitely looked cooler than the ergo with the insert! I can try to pull it out and post an up close pic tomorrow.

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010) and one on the way due in Aug!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Here's my daughter in mine not sure how old she was but she was tiny. Loved this and the material is so cute. dh complained of it being too girly but he got over it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2356694290.jpg (5.9 KB, 23 views)

Old 01-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #17
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonitaw View Post
Here's my daughter in mine not sure how old she was but she was tiny. Loved this and the material is so cute. dh complained of it being too girly but he got over it.

Oh so cute!! They are so pretty! And that patch of prettiness is really what draws me to the Mei Teis too. I love it in the border of a darker fabric!

My facebook "fan" page
Old 01-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #18
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonitaw View Post
The nice thing about the beco is when they are bigger you can remove The insert. But that option is only in the butterfly 2. Frogmama has a greats sell back program (that's how she has so many used becos and other carriers on her site) do you could sell back to her if it wasn't a good fit.
Going to go check out frogmama.....

although I am not prepared to buy anything till I get a chance to check out what might be available at our consignment sale!

My facebook "fan" page
Old 01-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #19
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would get on her mailing list to hear about sales. I got better deals there for new ones than used ones online. They have a $70 sale going on right now for 2 styles. I bought the purple one for a friend and its pretty :-) but I'm sure there will be other sales. If you look on the fsot Make sure to ask if it's a 2 :-) the 1s sell for cheaper but then you have to deal with the fixed insert.

http://www.frogmama.com

Old 01-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #20
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just went and checked out her site. very nice. She even has layaway! So if I wanted to go ahead and get one of the Becos at the 70 I could and just make a few payments!!! I like the helo one for DH but he probably couldnt wear it anyway! :P He is one big guy! Do you think it is okay to go with the pretty one..... even if I end up having a boy??? I think I like the melody one with the birds......

My facebook "fan" page