Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #21
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Check out the recycling program (you can return it if it doesn't work out). Love this business :-) http://www.frogmama.com/pages/NewReturnPolicy.php

Advertisement

Married to DH 4 years, DD born 3/2009
sonitaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #22
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Talk to me about baby wearing.....

oh she is out of the melody!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I bought the melody one for my friend it's cute!!! A true lavender. If it doesn't work out then there's always fsot. My hubby is 6 1 and I had to buy him his own because the one downfall to buckle carriers is that it takes awhile to adjust them to a new person and he's easily annoyed.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #24
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wait I got the ever :-)

Old 01-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #25
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

My husband is 6'5" and around 330ish lbs. I don't think it will work. LOL! Maybe I could try a really long moby on him!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #26
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Miss you gals

Martha I bet a Moby would be ok for him (it's one size..5.2 meters I think so that's usually long enough for everyone). Check out Babyhawks. They are great mei tais and you could get one for him with extra long straps to be sure it would fit. I got a camo one for DH

For newborns I adore ring slings. Adoooore. That super easy snuggliness is so perfect. Also works great as a quick nursing cover and is easier to me than a pouch sling because it's adjustable. Fit is very important with pouches as a too big pouch will swallow baby and be unsafe. Wrapping is really not hard...really! I use wovens, but stretchies are very easy to learn and once mastered transitioning to a woven when they're bigger is a piece of cake. I liked the Becos a lot, it was my sole carrier for about a year. I liked the insert to make her feel really secure getting on my back. I'm glad they've changed it now so it's removeable once you're comfortable. Ergos are great too, although the body is a pretty short so it may not last you into toddlerhood. The average mama doesn't wear super tall 4 year olds like I do on occasion so I still recommend it!

Babywearing in heat..is just hot no matter what. Unless it's a super thin wrap (like a Vatanai) you'll just have to deal and stay in the AC! My personal limit was 95ish with high humidity or we'd just do a stroller and I'm a babywearing freak. Happy wearing!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

I didn't really get into babywearing until DD, so I'm still pretty new but I loved the ring sling when she was tiny. Then around 10lbs we moved to the beco gemini. LOVE it. I'm really interested to see how it does with itty bitties as it's supposed to go down to 7lbs I believe, but it was great with DD. I would love to try a mei tai just to see how they are, but they are pretty expensive (wish I could find one for around $30) and I am very happy with my gemini so there's no reason for one.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #28
Bonnetha
Registered Users
seller

I made a MT and LOVE it. It's super comfy and easy to adjust (no buckles) to fit well on front/back/over a coat. I didn't make it until DS1 was 6 months old and I've never looked back. DS is 3 now and I can still wear him around the house comfortably when he needs a snuggle. I make MT's for expectant friends too and I just think they can be so pretty.

That said, I had a Beco for awhile that I sold after trying on my first MT but have been wishing I still had it because it's real hard to keep MT straps clean if you're tying on in dirty winter parking lots.
Happy wife and mom of 3! Expecting #4 in March
Bonnetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 AM   #29
Beaner's Mom
Registered Users
seller

I started out with just a moby and an Ergo. I'm 5'2", so the moby was a bit like wearing the blanket off my bed! I switched over to the Ergo at about 4 months and did ok with it. But my husband is a good bit bigger than me and my mom is a bit smaller, so if we traded off the kiddo, there was all kinds of strap adjustment, etc. Even if I went from a front carry to a back carry, I had to tweak and tighten and shift. Then I met a mommy-friend that makes custom MTs and I fell in love. The back carry is super easy to get in and out of and it was a lot more comfy for nursing in. Plus, I got to choose my own fabric combo so, naturally, it is super cute Now she's branched out into full and partial-clicks and wrap conversions. I've already told DH I get another one when we have this baby! I think I'm going to do the wrap conversion this time. If anyone is interested in taking a look, her website is ellabelly.com.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #30
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a ring sling, a moby, a mei tai, and a beco butterfly II. Each has been great for a different reason.

I started out with the ring sling (I made it) and loved it. But everyone was freaked out (suffocate baby, drop baby). I stopped using it so my FIL would shut up. Plus he said I looked like the natives where he is from. Since he is one I couldn't tell if this was a compliment or not?

I love, love, love my moby around the house. I found it too much when running errands even if I wrapped before I left. It was really hot to wear. It was summer and the heat index was already over 100! I front faced J in the Moby when I did VBS and he liked that a lot. I think it is the most versatile of all my carriers. I would like to buy another one. The one I have is black with a blue silk-like dragon front panel. I think a lighter color would be better next time.

I loved the mei tai for running errands and shopping. It is so fast to put on and take off. I never did use it on my back though.

As J got a bit older he liked the beco the best. I bought it for DH and he wore it twice. I took it over. It is so fast to put on and looks more "normal" than the others so I got stopped and harassed less. I don't exactly live in a progressive part of the country!