Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
blackberry75
Registered Users

Hip pain/sleep question

I'm having a ton of hip pain when I lay in bed. It's not so bad when I sit or recline, but laying on either side for more than a few minutes is heck. There are more pillows in the bed for various supports than should be legal. Right now I see a PT because my left leg bone is to far up into my hip. It's helping, slowly, but not doing anything for when I have to lay down to sleep. We don't have a recliner or I'd just sleep there.

Will taking Tylonal before I lay down help with the pain/let me get some sleep? It's waking me up a dozen or more times a night and I'm not getting any restful sleep. Well, unless I go to my mom's house and fall asleep in one of her recliners when I'm supposed to be socializing, but I can't live there.

Advertisement

Last edited by blackberry75; 01-12-2012 at 09:58 PM.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I would try it. Of its due to inflammation some icing might help too. And try laying a little leaned back, like the side of your butt cheek, KWIM?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
karstensmama
Registered Users

Re: Hip pain/sleep question

I had that, too. I never took pain meds for it because...well, I don't know why not. I think it's mainly due to the relaxin in your body, which makes all your joints loose (and more prone to aches and pains like you're experiencing!). Try lying not totally on your side, but only a 1/4 on your side, if that makes sense. That seemed to help me.

I totally understand about the pillows! I eventually got a U-shaped pregnancy pillow, which helped a little. Good luck!

Working mama to Peanut #1 (7/06) and Peanut #2 (10/11), and future wife to the most incredible man I've ever met!
karstensmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #4
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

I took tylonol pm at the end of my pregnancy. It was the only way to get any sleep
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
Marion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hip pain/sleep question

I've been having tons of issues with pain this pregnancy. I have discovered that sleeping on the couch helps me a ton. Don't know why but for some reason I wake up after sleeping there in a lot less pain then when I sleep in the bed. I think it has to do with the angle it keeps me at when sleeping.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
honeybeebaby
Registered Users

My Mood:
I've been having this as well. My brother even ran out and got me a recliner...but sleeping in that gave me a sore neck! My doctor said Tylenol PM is safe and I'm going to try that now. I also asked about sleeping partially on my back (but favoring the left a little) and she said that was a good plan. She said even if you end up on your back, your body will cue you in if you've been there too long so you can roll. I hope your pain and all of our pain doesn't get worse!! Good luck.
honeybeebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstensmama
I had that, too. I never took pain meds for it because...well, I don't know why not. I think it's mainly due to the relaxin in your body, which makes all your joints loose (and more prone to aches and pains like you're experiencing!). Try lying not totally on your side, but only a 1/4 on your side, if that makes sense. That seemed to help me.

I totally understand about the pillows! I eventually got a U-shaped pregnancy pillow, which helped a little. Good luck!
Yup, I had it with dd and am just under 33 weeks right now and it is coming back. I just sleep with a pillow between my legs and roll back and forth every hour or couple hours.