Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

storage idea...w/ room sharing

ok sooo i have decided to leave the older girls in their seperate rooms...so dd1 will have the "green room" larger of two and dd2 will have the "yellow room" (they are painted these colors) sooo new baby (due in april) will be in our room until dd2 moves into green room with dd1...which might not happen til thanksgiving or later...sooo my question is...

what do i use to put LO's stuff in during the time he is in our room?

I don't have extra space in the dresser...and while we are fixing to redo our closet and put in tons of shelves and such...i am not sure there would be a spot...i mean i can make it work...but i was thinking about getting one of those plastic storage tower things with the drawers...then i could re-use it later for toy storage and such...

if you room share with your LO where do you keep their stuff?

btw i am really talking about clothes...i have a changing table set up in the living room with all my cding supplies and will later move it to the guest bath room where it will stay...the bath room has a seperate tub/toilet area with a very large vanity/sink area with a nice size storage cloest that is already full of sheets, bath supplies, and houses my floor care stuff (there is no where else to store that stuff) BUT I could put something storage wise in the in vanity area since there is room...but i just thought it would be easier/quicker for changes if i had something (even if it's a little something) with stuff in our room for baby.

i guess the more i think about this...i will need diapers and change of clothes for baby in our room for middle of the night changes and such...the whole idea behind room sharing is that i wouldn't have to get up and out of our room so much at night...soooo instead of having all of his clothing in our room...i could put somethig in the vanity part of the bathroom for him

sorry for the long ramble...but typing it out has let me know that i still have a ton of things to think about before baby gets here

please feel free to share how you do it!

Advertisement

Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: storage idea...w/ room sharing

Newbie has one wall/corner in our bedroom, we have a mini-crib for him (that he never sleeps in ), then used closetmaid closet organizer pieces that are meant to stack with each other and bins/baskets for clothes & such, then a cheapo bookshelf from walmart for diapers. Clothes that he hasn't grown into yet are in storage totes that fit under his crib.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
alexandrapasko
Registered Users
seller

We had our newest baby room in with us. She really didn't have that much stuff, so it was easy to have her in there. Since it was our third, I had realized there were so many things we could do without, so she only had maybe 10 outfits and a couple blankets. I am washing at least 1 load of laundry a day, so this wasn't a big deal. We had her sleeping in the pack and play with a changing table attached. Her cd stuff all fit on the changing table (because she didn't take up the whole thing), and I just had her blankets and clothes folded on the floor next to it. If you have more than that, I think a storage tower would work great. If you'll have him in a full sized crib, you can store his things under his crib or your bed in baskets or tubs or something. There might even be storage drawers that go under the bed like the towers you mentioned.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD sleeps with us, but all of her stuff is in DS's room. She usually has a spare diaper and maybe an extra outfit in our room in case she needs to be changed when DS is sleeping, otherwise we do all her clothes and diaper changes in his room.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I had an extra drawer in my dresser for diapers, and her clothes were in a small dresser in the girls' room.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote