Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Proper bra size

Ladies. Please be sure you are wearing a bra that fits. I just got over mastitis and thought I wore a 36c. Turns out I am a 34E. If I was in the right size this might have been avoided!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Proper bra size

I second the proper sizing thing! I never got mastitis, but thought I was a 36/38DD for years. Turns out I'm actually a 32H. MUCH better fit and support with a properly sized bra, whether nursing or not! Get yourself fitted ladies!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Yep! Even during pregnancy.

And watch out for the advice of the fitters. Victoria's Secret, for instance, tells me I'm a DD but I'm an F or G. I think they just say I'm a DD because that's the biggest they carry, and they won't tell me that they can't sell me anything. I've also never had Motherhood size me correctly.

Fittings are great at most department stores, and Cacique (within Lane Bryant, often). You don't have to be "plus" size for the Cacique lingerie, they do have smaller band sizes. Unfortunately their selection of bigger cups has diminished. They don't have nursing bras but the plunge, I find, works well when you're not nursing a lot.

My fav is Nordstrom, even though its pricey. They don't have many styles though in the larger sizes, and some of the "cute" ones are just smaller bras with more hooks added (they aren't of a different proportion overall). The Anita bras they carry are, IMO, good.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went to nordies! I ended up with an Anita bra. Its comfy!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
littleonion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm having a hard time trying to find a nursing bra that fits well. I'll have to try Nordstrom.
littleonion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII
Yep! Even during pregnancy.

And watch out for the advice of the fitters. Victoria's Secret, for instance, tells me I'm a DD but I'm an F or G. I think they just say I'm a DD because that's the biggest they carry, and they won't tell me that they can't sell me anything. I've also never had Motherhood size me correctly.

Fittings are great at most department stores, and Cacique (within Lane Bryant, often). You don't have to be "plus" size for the Cacique lingerie, they do have smaller band sizes. Unfortunately their selection of bigger cups has diminished. They don't have nursing bras but the plunge, I find, works well when you're not nursing a lot.

My fav is Nordstrom, even though its pricey. They don't have many styles though in the larger sizes, and some of the "cute" ones are just smaller bras with more hooks added (they aren't of a different proportion overall). The Anita bras they carry are, IMO, good.
I agree with your post so much! Victoria's Secret will adjust you to a much larger band size to fit you into their cup = sales. I went in thinking I was a 36F (or close) and was told I was a 42D, or something like that. It should've been a sign when she didn't say it out loud until after I watched the gears turn in her head!

Lane Bryant was wonderfully helpful in finding the right size! I have never worn a nursing bra, but the girls are easy to get out of the top on a Balconette.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
howboutwog
Registered Users

I absolutely support having a bra that fits. It makes your figure look better too. I love www.breakoutbras.com
Great website with lots of discounts and info about each bra.
howboutwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
howboutwog
Registered Users

I absolutely support having a bra that fits. It makes your figure look better too. I love www.breakoutbras.com
Great website with lots of discounts and info about each bra.
howboutwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Nordstrom is fantastic for bra fittings. If you're larger, I wouldn't recommend Victoria's Secret. They told my mom she was a 34B. She is a D cup, almost a DD.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika375 View Post
Nordstrom is fantastic for bra fittings. If you're larger, I wouldn't recommend Victoria's Secret. They told my mom she was a 34B. She is a D cup, almost a DD.
I had no clue i was larger! I had been wearing a C cup...then they measure me at an E??? That seems huge but I don't look huge. But I agree Victoria's Secret should not be doing bra fittings