Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Mrs. Logan
Registered Users

How far along were you when.......

How far along were you when you really got things ready....like had the room finished, bags packed, car seat in the car, co-sleeper (or bassinet) ready to go, etc. etc. etc.???

Advertisement

Mrs. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I'm an over planner. Room ready by 6 months, bags packed by 8. I picked out a crib before I was even pregnant ....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How far along were you when.......

My first pregnancy, I had everything ready to go by 7 months along. I actually remember a friend finding out that his father passed away while we were visiting and we took their infant home with us so they could run to the hospital. We had everything necessary to take care of their son... Pack N Play, diapers (in several sizes), wipes, some extra clothes, etc. Everything was washed and set up and ready to go.

2nd pregnancy, I was about 35 weeks before DH went and pulled all the baby stuff out of storage. DD was born at 37 weeks so luckily I'd just finished washing everything from storage and the baby shower.

This pregnancy... I'm 26 weeks and have done nothing to prepare. I know there's things we need to buy, that the car seat cover needs to be washed, yada yada yada, but I'm just not motivated yet. Maybe when we get closer to the due date. LOL
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am just now getting things together. everything is ready but the car seat and need to put bags in car. i am halfway through week 36.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Totally ready by 33 weeks. I have a belly pic of me with the swing together in place behind me. I was having PTL though.
I will always make sure I am ready by 35 weeks. My aunt with her first was not ready at all, hadn't even bought much and her water broke with no warning at 35 weeks pregnant. It added so much stress to her as a new mommy. She had no PTL, signs of issues, etc.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Mrs. Logan
Registered Users

I better get a move on!!! I will be 36 weeks on Sunday. I have washed clothes and have diapers ready to go....no bags packed, the co-sleeper is not put together, the car seat is in a box in the baby room which has yet to be painted.....
Mrs. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
dogmom327
Registered Users
seller

Baby's always sleep with us and I have home births so prep is pretty simple: Get out the baby clothes and cloth diapers to wash and put in drawers. Probably should wash the Moby and Ergo too

I'm thinking I'll aim to do all of that for around the beginning of June (34/35 weeks). I have a feeling this baby is coming early (other two came right at 38 weeks and DD was after several weeks of false labor) and I'm focused on making it to June 9th which is 36 weeks when I can have my home birth.
dogmom327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Logan View Post
I better get a move on!!! I will be 36 weeks on Sunday. I have washed clothes and have diapers ready to go....no bags packed, the co-sleeper is not put together, the car seat is in a box in the baby room which has yet to be painted.....
You better get on it then, Mama!!

Get the car seat ready at least. I like to wash the cover, even with a brand new seat, so it's fresh and ready to go. Packing a bag isn't as huge a deal as one would think. The hospital really supplies pretty much everything you need (at least mine does) so keep it simple: going home outfits for you and the baby, nursing bra, outfit for the baby's picture, and some toiletries. I didn't use 80% of what I brought the first time. Second time I took the above items and a blanket and pillow for DH.

Good luck!!
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We bought everything slowly and stored it, but we set up the crib and the room and installed the carseat at about 34 weeks. I'm glad too, because I had him at 36!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Probably around 32 weeks. We have mostly everything ready now and I am 33 weeks but not the car seat or bag finished packing (we are having a home birth but at my MIL's)