Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
mamasab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This time around...37 weeks. Much later than I would have liked, I've been a nervous mess about not being ready!

Advertisement

mamasab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Umm. Not early enough.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How far along were you when.......

40w 5d.....I was packing my hospital bag at 8:30 pm before heading to the hospital for what I thought would be an induction......only to find out I was in labor all day
Old 01-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post
Baby's always sleep with us and I have home births so prep is pretty simple: Get out the baby clothes and cloth diapers to wash and put in drawers. Probably should wash the Moby and Ergo too
Same for me. I am 33 wks now and will order my birth kit and pick up a new hose for the pool sometime before 36 wks. I have been hanging newborn clothes in the closet as we get them, but they will need to be washed at some point, along with diapers, and my favorite sling. We will be using DS's old car seat (it's less than 2 yrs old, so not expired, in case anyone was worried ) and it might not even get installed until after the baby is born (gasp!) .
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

We did his room way in advance, because it was wallpapered floor to ceiling with horrible baseboards and ugly closet doors, etc. We had to take the wallpaper off, DH painted it, we replaced the baseboards with really nice ones, etc. I had the crib and changing table already purchased about mid way through our pregnancy. The dresser was ordered a few months in advance but took some time to actually arrive. It was there a few wks before he was born. Clothes were washed and put away as soon as I got it, it was my project for a couple days, LOL. We had a TON of clothes already bought for the 1st yr of his life!

Carseat took us awhile, because we were buying a really expensive travel system and money was super tight. We figured - the hospital is 5 mins away from our house, 10 mins from the babystore. So even if I went into labor we could send someone with the CC to buy it while I was in the hospital! LOL We ended up getting it a week or two before he was born. I remember very well that at the 37 wk appt we didn't have it yet, because the nurse prac. scolded us. Nicely.

I didn't pack my bag until we were actually leaving for the hospital. I didn't really see the need to prepack. Wasn't much I was taking. They had everything there. My mom brought some take homes clothes for me later on. DS's go home outfit was already picked out, it was easy to toss it in the bag.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With ds1 it wasn't until about 37 weeks. We co-sleep though, so we didn't get a baby room ready. With ds2 we had him at home, and since I used nothing that I brought to the hospital with ds1, I didn't pack a emergency hospital bag. We didn't put the carseat in until he was born and we did our first outing (5 days old).
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm ready.
I think I have some blankets that still need to be washed. Most is from my last baby, so I've been slowly pulling things out and going through them.
My hospital bag isn't packed. I need all my clothes, so I'll pack it when I go into labor. I'll just throw my bathroom stuff in the bag when I actually go into labor. I don't feel like buying a whole new set up stuff since we buy the big ones from Costco.
This is baby #4, so I'm pretty laid back about it. Whatever I forget at the hospital, DH can come home and pick it up. We live only about 15min from the hospital.
I just wanna make sure my iPod is charged for the hypnobirthing I have on there for labor!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #18
crunch!910
Registered Users

7 months along and playpen has been up for awhile, changing table has been in our room since 3 mo along, I already preppred prefolds and the entire table is all organized and sorted. Baby's clothes are allready in drawer. Crib has been up ever since we found out (switched DS out of it, and put it back up to infant setting and set up the boys room how it will be when DS2 arrives).

The only thing I haven't finished is packing bags and making my labor playlist. I've got a good start on both though!

But, I'm definitely someone who likes to be prepared. And I do it in spurts
Old 01-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Uhm not yet and he's walking and talking...

Seriously though, I moved at 36 weeks so there was a lot not ready. We had a home birth, which helped with the procrastination... Didn't put the carseat in till we needed it, didn't set up the bassinet till I went home (dad and I weren't together at the time, I had LO at his house and stayed with him the first month, but he changed houses when LO was a week old...)

Craziness.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

First pregnancy, by like 7 months ha. Second pregnancy, not until after I had her.

Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum