Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #21
~MamaMayhem~
Registered Users
Formerly: azmansmom
seller

My Mood:
Like a week before both were born...procrastinator

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #22
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Re: How far along were you when.......

Last time I was in labor at 33 weeks so I really hadn't done a lot of things I wanted to. This time I would love to be MUCH more ready and hopefully it won't matter because I will go full term. FX'd.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #23
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

With DD1, I was ready to go by 36 weeks. I was inventing stuff to do until I had her, like shampoo the carpet with my little green in 1foot square sections on hands and knees, belly big enough to touch the floor, and rearrange my kitchen cupboards.

This pregnancy I am just too damn tired. Baby clothes have been sorted and gone into a spare dresser in DD1's room as I've either bought, been given or pulled them out of storage. The baby's "room" (a gable annex on our room) is still filled with junk that doesn't have a home and is in desperate need of purging. I've started, but not come close to finishing. Once I purge I can buy the crib and set it up, set up the change table, move DD2's dresser out of DD1's room and basically get ready. I've still got some time as I'm only 25 weeks, but I can't procrastinate too much longer.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #24
Dutchlish
Registered Users
Formerly: MWally29
seller

With DS1 we totally procrastinated on setting up his room and everything. I went into labor at 36 weeks and luckily they were able to stop it. You better believed we were ready for him just a few days later! He was born at 39 weeks.

With DS2 I learned my lesson and was READY (nursery done, everything washed, put away and rearranged 57 times, bags packed etc.) at 32 weeks (way early but I was nesting out of control). He was born at 38 weeks.
M. - married to my best friend J. since 2006 ~ liberal, semi-crunchy, vegetarian, babywearing, CDing, Extended RFing, ER RN mama to my greatest loves B. (9/2008), C. (5/2010) and V. (9/2012) and A.(7/2014). Always missing the ones we didn't get to hold.
Dutchlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #25
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I have done nothing yet but I am also only 25 weeks, I figure I still have lots of time. We are also in the process of moving so I will be unpacking for weeks, lol.

We probably wont even buy the crib until baby is getting close to too big for the bassinet.

I am going to start trying to sell some diapers & things so I can start buying stuff I actually want in the next week or so.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #26
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm 32 weeks (today!) and we've done almost nothing.
We have a cosleeper, a swing and maybe a dozen or so outfits.
We won't be bothering with a nursery, but we still have lots to buy and lots to do.

I think we were completely ready for DS around 34 weeks. My shower was at 32 or 33 weeks and we bought the rest of our necessities within days after that.

I am so NOT normally a procrastinator, but we've had a tight couple of months financially, and life is just a lot busier with a toddler around.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #27
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Let's see - I'm 29 weeks this week and have the clothes washed, diapers prepped and put away, and the crib up. I do not have my bag packed, baby's bag packed, or the carseat in the car.

I am planning on getting the baby's and my bags packed in the next 2 weeks... and then I still need to install the carseat (but that's EASY!) and put up the swing... There are still some things I need to buy (because we got rid of them after DS1) that I have been slowly collecting.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #28
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
With DS 1 it was around 34-35 weeks. Now we will be moving around that time, so I won't get a chance to do all I want and I'm very nervous about it.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #29
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
34-36wks is usually when we really start hustling to get stuff done. I had my twins at 34wks and our old hospital didn't stop labor after 34wks. I had DS5 at 37wks (the other 3 were 39-40wks) so I wanted to be ready at that point. Put the carseat in at 38wks.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #30
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From 30 to 34 weeks. I guess that's when the nesting instinct really kicked in and I was more motivated than ever to clean, organize, prepare, etc.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote