Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
first PPAF....symptoms? night weaning...

When did you get your first PPAF? I know its different for everyone, but I'm curious if it happened when you stopped night nursing, etc.

We've currently dropped down to about one night nursing now. Some nights there is more, but that's only once or twice a week now. Some nights she doesn't nurse at all, or won't until early in the am, like between 5 and 7am. Last night she went 11 hrs. She is 14 1/2 months old and I'm experiencing cramping and mucous on and off the past couple days and I'm bloated.

She has also been refusing when I offer sometimes. I'm jw if this means its finally back...? Thanks!!

Advertisement

Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I got mine back around 9 months pp. DD was nursing less during the day, but still 4 or more times a night!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: first PPAF....symptoms? night weaning...

Night nursing, introducing solids, etc... None of those guaranteed when your ppaf will come back. It is strictly an individual thing. Some moms won't have a ppaf until their child completely weans and their milk dries up!

If you are having cramping and increased mucus, chances are she's coming. Maybe not this month, but soon. Some moms have pms type symptoms for a few months before af actually returns.
tibeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

I got mine at 6 month PP. DD was still ebf, and nursing about 3 times at night. I thought it would at least stay away until she started solids, but nope!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For the record, got my 1st ppaf with DD1 at 4 months. 1st ppaf with dd2 at 11 months.

There's no way to know for sure!
tibeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

What you are describing happened a couple months before I actually got PPAF. I was still nursing a lot during the day and many times at night. It came anyway at 12 months. (1 day before my LO's 1st birthday! Ugh!) It was only 2 days and was really light.

The next month I had some bad cramping for an afternoon but nothing ever happened.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
RastaBaby
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibeca
Night nursing, introducing solids, etc... None of those guaranteed when your ppaf will come back. It is strictly an individual thing. Some moms won't have a ppaf until their child completely weans and their milk dries up!

If you are having cramping and increased mucus, chances are she's coming. Maybe not this month, but soon. Some moms have pms type symptoms for a few months before af actually returns.
I'm 8months ebf, started solids at 6months and no ppaf in sight, my sil ppaf showed up at 4months and she was still ebf.......so yea I would say no guarantee either
RastaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
turbogirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

12 months here and still no PPAF. She's been eating solids since 5 months or so (I think?) but still nurses morning, mid-day, and all night (we bed share). I have thought AF was coming so many times now but still no. We shall see!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
rcima
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Were 13 months with no PPAF yet. She still nurses A LOT throughout the day and night, like a newborn We shall see . . .
rcima is offline   Reply With Quote