Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #31
DarcyJ
Registered Users

Re: When to get waxed before L&D?

By "PP cleanup" I don't think the mommas are referring to immediately PP. If they are like me, it just makes staying clean in general easier and when you add in the heavy bleeding and possibility of sutures it makes a big difference for the mommas who tend to be on the hairier side naturally. I had some sutures and wished like crazy I didn't have all that hair in the way of irrigating them. Grrr

I didn't trim or wax before having my DD and wished like crazy I would have. I think I trimmed (and waxed my bikini line once or twice) until I couldn't reach any longer. At that point I started telling DH he was going to have to do it for me before the baby came. But, she was 10 days early and it never happened.

I'm a very hairy momma in that respect, and I hate it. It's uncomfortable at full length and each year that goes by it migrates further down my thighs. Probably TMI, but I figured the topic in general was a sensitive one so why not share. LOL

So, what I usually do is wax (myself) around the perimeter and trim up the rest everywhere I can reach. lol I hate that it grows back so soon though and since my hair is so coarse, I get plenty of in-growns each time. I tend to get in-growns spontaneously though just from natural hair cycles causing occasional hair loss.

I don't think there's anything gross about women who go completely natural. It's just a big inconvenience and bother for me when mine's all grown out.

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #32
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

I keep my lady bits trimmed and tidy, but I don't wax or shave. When I had my c/s with DS1 they just shaved the very top of my pubic area with an electric razor and that was it. I'm glad they don't shave anymore, because dealing with itchy regrowth after my episiotomy would have been killer.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #33
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelookslikeamom View Post
Yes. I have hated my pubic hair since the day it first grew in. No uterus overflowing with baby is going to stop me from shaving.
Yes! I feel the same way! I can't stand body hair, period. It was very difficult to shave with the big belly but I could pretty much do it by feeling only lol. I'd LOVE to get waxed but just haven't done so yet.

We all have our own preferences. Shaving before delivery is in no way a requirement. Some mamas (like me) just prefer it.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #34
crunch!910
Registered Users

I imagine I'll buy a kit of some kind to use at home and have DH wax me. Shaving is out of the question. Though I'd ONLY wax the lower areas. Unlike many replies here, I HATE being hairless up top because I think it makes me look like a little girl.

Thinking I should do a trial run first though to make sure I don't react badly to the wax. Have never ever used it in my life. That'll be my weekend project! LOL
Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #35
Cherbear013
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got waxed about a week before I went into labor. Wasn't super painful but hurt a little more than when I wasn't pregnant. Glad I did it though...much easier to keep clean!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #36
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had my lags waxed a few days ago at 29+ weeks and probably won't need to wax them again until after baby is born. I may wax my underarms between now and delivery, probably around 33 or 34 weeks. Lady bits will get a good trim once a week and possibly a bikini wax around 35 weeks.

I went full Hollywood last summer and just cannot stomach the thought of doing it again, let alone pregnant. Waxing the edges and, ahem, back 40 didn't bother me though so I'm considering it.

PP, having all that hair tangled up with blood and stitches and whatever else freaks me out.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #37
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Never waxed and not sure I could. Although it would be nice to not have to worry about shaving for a while. I basically shave/trim when I have time, which really isn't as often as it should be!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #38
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

For my 2nd pg, I got waxed at 36w. My first guy was early (36w3d) so I wanted to be ready this time around!

Last edited by tweety612; 02-23-2012 at 02:25 PM.
tweety612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #39
crunch!910
Registered Users

I ONLY tried waxing bikini like and OUCH! NO WAY!!!!! How do women do ALL of it down there? That hurts way too bad!!!

Just in case I end up on all fours pushing.... DH is going to help me wax my bottom and some of bikini line that isn't too painful, but all the up close stuff I'm either shaving or letting it be. I'll probably wait until about 38-39 weeks, because I can't imagine I'm having this baby before my due date.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

I love being waxed! (After, not during, haha!) I know people have different reasons, but I like it because I don't like blood being caught in the hair and when I deliver, I would really like to reach down and feel the baby. When I reach down, I'd like to know I'm feeling my baby with hair or a bald baby and not just my own hair.

I don't think it's gross if people don't shave or wax, everyone has their own preferences!