Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Freestyle or PISA?

Reviews, good, bad, or ugly?

I am buying a pump today because DD has an awful latch, and am choosing between these two pumps. If you have used another for EPIng or work, please recommend.

I do have hypoplastic breasts, so a very efficient pump is necessary or I wont get any milk.

Advertisement

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love my freestyle pump. It makes a strange noise but its the best pump for me! I have only used a PISA and a freestyle but it gets the same amount or more milk out for me
Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

Re: Freestyle or PISA?

I decided to go for the PISA and not spend the extra $ on the Freestyle. From the reviews I read, they are about equivalent as far as the effectiveness of the pump, the only difference is that the Freestyle is smaller and hands free. I don't really care about the size and I use a hands-free bra, so the PISA is just fine.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just a caution: if you have larger breasts (D or more) the hands free part of the freestyle most likely won't work. I have D-DD and never could get the dang thing to stay in place. I ended up selling it and going back to a PISA. I reccomend the metro bag one for EPing.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum- please excuse any weird posts. My phone thinks it's smarter than me.
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Just a few things.

1) hugs to you! I also have hypo-plastic breasts and am constantly worried about my supply, I am so sorry you are dealing with latch issues on top of it.

2) i can't compare the two pumps, since I only have the pisa, but I would definitely recommend that it you go with that one you "splurge" and get the metro bag ( that's the one with the removable pump) it is so much more convenient.

3) I will add that (not sure if it's because of my hypo-plastic breasts or not but) the ONLY way I can express milk, is during the let down phase. And I need to run the letdown phase 3-4x to get .5 ounce Which means I have to figure out how to balance the bottles and hit the let down button repeatedly.it always makes me wonder if I should have just gone with the ameda purely yours, since you can adjust speed and suction separately. But even so, the freestyle would be nice for that purpose. If you are going to be ep, hands free would be great!

Pumping is a lot of work so kudos to you mama for working so hard to give your baby the best!
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToMyMonkeys
Just a caution: if you have larger breasts (D or more) the hands free part of the freestyle most likely won't work. I have D-DD and never could get the dang thing to stay in place. I ended up selling it and going back to a PISA. I reccomend the metro bag one for EPing.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum- please excuse any weird posts. My phone thinks it's smarter than me.
Thanks, not a worry since I have hypoplastic breasts they a super small...lol.

I went ahead and got the freestyle. It is working great and so far I am pumping more than enough for dd. we are doing breast at night and she uses a haberman nipple during the day and it is going well.

Thanks for the input mamas!!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote