Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #51
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Where have you breast fed

I always wore a cami and a t-shirt. Even when it was 115 degrees out. I never had one single it of flesh exposed and DD2 never had to be covered. Here in Texas, you are allowed to feed anywhere that you are allowed to be. I actually got asked to go into the bathroom to feed DD2 when I was at a hospital of all places!!! DH was chasing DD1 down the hall. If he was there I would have had more "balls" and let the security guard have a piece of my mind. At the time I didn't have my "breastfeeding laws" card on me so I couldn't whip that out and he took me so off guard (because I wasn't exposing myself at all) that I got up and walked to the reception desk and said wth more or less and they just shrugged their shoulders so I went out to my car (with no keys since DH had them) and sat in a probably 140 degree car with all the doors open in the middle of the day in the Texas summer heat and fed her what she would take since it was hotter then hell outside. (I also stripped her down to her diaper). I HAD to feed her, she was screaming from being hungry. I went back in and talked with a social worker and he acted like he was totally on my side and let me finish up the other boob in his office. Then I come out and hear him telling the security guard "well apparently she can feed the baby wherever she wants..." Apparently!?!?!?!
I was soooooooo angry. I called and made a complaint and nobody cared.
But seriously, how dare you ask me to feed an infant in a friggin bathroom of all places!!! They also offered me a blanket to cover her with. I said its hotter then heck in here, I am not covering her.

Ohhh I am getting heated just talking about it!!

Advertisement

Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #52
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Where have you breast fed

Also, with my first child, used to carry her around the grocery store on the boob with one hand and shop with the other hand and NEVER got any weird looks so I am 99% sure no one noticed.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote