Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Recipes using bl/sl chicken breast

I bought tons on sale in the last few weeks and I've run out of ideas. We have variations of chicken and rice and chicken spaghetti but that's where my brain stops. I could use some more ideas on what to do with it. I am wanting to do chicken tacos but don't have any idea where to start. White chili chicken sounds good too, but I could use a good recipe for that as well. Any other idea would be great. TIA!

Advertisement

I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Recipes using bl/sl chicken breast

How I make chicken tacos: 4 breasts covered with water w/ 1 onion, halved. Simmer until the chicken is done, drain reserving the liquid and let it cool a little. You can shred it using short bursts in the food processor or shred it by hand. Chop the onion and add it and 1 can of chopped green chiles and a little of the reserved cooking liquid so it is moist. Season to taste with salt, ground cumin and garlic salt or Goya Adobo seasoning w/cumin. Serve in flour tortillas with white cheese (Mexican blend or a good melting cheese) and shredded lettuce.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DH and the kids love Campbell's cheesy chicken rice cass. It gets made every month in our meal planning. You can google it for recipe. Also chicken pot pie, tater tot cass, chicken dumplings or chicken salad sandwiches. We eat a LOT of chicken lol.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
b bright
Registered Users
seller

http://www.quick-and-easy-dinner.com...n-recipes.html

These are all some pretty good recipes but some might not be as healthy or whatnot of that's what you are looking for. I was wanting to show you the "crock pot chicken burritos" recipe though, it's similar to chicken tacos but they are sooooo good and juicy....
Old 01-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Chicken enchilada, chicken fricassee.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
rebeccalynne15
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

tonight I did chicken parmesan ....we just crush up corn flakes real good and add shredded parm chz ( you can add seasonings if you like we don't) then dip chicken into egg and milk mixture, then into the parm/cf mix (might have to sprinkle a little more liquid on it for more to stick) and lay into a greased pan cook @350 for 30-60 depending on how thick the chicken is . I cut the chicken breasts in half so they are thinner . when they are about 5 minutes away from being done put a slice of mozz chz on it and pour spaghetti sauce on top to cover the chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes more . Done serve with noodles or make into a sandwich .

I used a package of 8 breast (cut in half) 1 pound of mozz cheese and 1 jar of classico spaghetti sauce and made a pan for tonight and then froze a pan (uncooked and I put the cheese slices and 1/2 jar sauce in zip locks on top of the pan to freeze for an easy meal later)

You could do:

chicken kabobs -we marinate in caribean jerk marinade and skewer with veggies and pineapple and bbq

bbq the chicken and when its almost done put fresh diced garlic add butter on top and grill some asparagus to go with it (we mince the garlic and add to butter nuke til butter is melted and let sit til time to put on chic)

make chicken picatta you can find easy recipes on line basically you'll need flour, cornstarch, fresh lemons, capers, chicken bullion , garlic and of course chicken

Last edited by rebeccalynne15; 01-15-2012 at 11:26 PM.
rebeccalynne15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did chicken tacos last night and I have never seen 2.5 lbs chicken disappear like that! I was hoping to have some leftover but nope, all gone. I put the chicken in water with a little Montreal chicken grill seasoning and let it cook til done. When it was done I drained the broth but saved it, shredded it, put it back in the pot with a can of ro-tel (store brand) and enough broth and let it simmer. Easy and delicious! Chicken parmesan sounds great but we are out of fresh chicken now, its all frozen. Thanks for the ideas!
I try to cook as healthy as possible, so no cream of soups are in my pantry. I make my own.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 01-16-2012 at 08:38 AM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
AngelicasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalynne15
tonight I did chicken parmesan ....we just crush up corn flakes real good and add shredded parm chz ( you can add seasonings if you like we don't) then dip chicken into egg and milk mixture, then into the parm/cf mix (might have to sprinkle a little more liquid on it for more to stick) and lay into a greased pan cook @350 for 30-60 depending on how thick the chicken is . I cut the chicken breasts in half so they are thinner . when they are about 5 minutes away from being done put a slice of mozz chz on it and pour spaghetti sauce on top to cover the chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes more . Done serve with noodles or make into a sandwich .

I used a package of 8 breast (cut in half) 1 pound of mozz cheese and 1 jar of classico spaghetti sauce and made a pan for tonight and then froze a pan (uncooked and I put the cheese slices and 1/2 jar sauce in zip locks on top of the pan to freeze for an easy meal later)

You could do:

chicken kabobs -we marinate in caribean jerk marinade and skewer with veggies and pineapple and bbq

bbq the chicken and when its almost done put fresh diced garlic add butter on top and grill some asparagus to go with it (we mince the garlic and add to butter nuke til butter is melted and let sit til time to put on chic)

make chicken picatta you can find easy recipes on line basically you'll need flour, cornstarch, fresh lemons, capers, chicken bullion , garlic and of course chicken
Omg I LOVE you! That chicken parmesan looks TO DIE FOR!
AngelicasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I buy alot of bl/sl chicken breasts so here are a few of my favorite recipes

Kaytucky Chicken - Sounds odd but it's soooo good! And pretty darn easy to make
http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/kaytucky-chicken

Easy Chicken and Dumplings - Really good and really easy. Total comfort food.
http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2009/02...ling-bake.html

Green Chile Chicken Casserole - My kids loved this
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/gree...0000000550015/

Chicken and Pasta with Lemon Pesto - Not a huge hit with the kids but DH and I LOVED it!
http://busycooks.about.com/od/chicke...enlemonpes.htm
Old 01-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #10
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Brown Sugar Chicken