Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Re: Starting relactation tomorrow.

You can TOTALLY do this. I just posted about nursing my adopted DS since birth. He is now 14 months old :clap:

An SNS is a GREAT way to go!! Don't feel bad about putting formula in it. It is what it is The more he is on the breast the better. I have used both the SNS and the Lact-aid one. Although I prefer the Lactaid for the baggy system over a big bulky bottle, I like that the SNS comes with multiple sizes of tubes. Use the smallest diameter tube your DS will allow. The harder he has to suck, the more milk you will make.

When you get your Domperidone, make sure you're taking enough. I know a lot of mamas don't have as much luck with less than 180 mg per day.

Good luck and post back with updates!!
(((hugs)))

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Just wanted to offer hugs and support! Go you!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #13
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas. You are all so sweet!

I didn't get the SNS today. DH worked all day and the kids were out of school. I have three on the spectrum and so days off are always super hard around here as its a change of routine. One of my kiddos had a really super hard day and it was all we could do to just get through each moment. Honestly, all the reasons that I decided to wean DS came back to haunt me.

I decided to try a different formula to see if it would get things moving. He is tolerating it well and taking in plenty. His stools are normal so far *fingers crossed*. I think I may take a little time and prayerfully consider whether or not to do this. As wonderful as it would be to do - I honestly don't know if I can commit to it 100% considering the burdens that are on me to meet the needs of my other kids. My VERY pro-BF midwife and ped understood completely when I decided to wean my DS because they know how much I go through each day to meet the needs of my ASD kids and how stressful that can be. I just love my babies so much and I always want to self-sacrifice to give them the best, but I need to be realistic about what I can commit to. I don't want to set myself up either. I have some fairly mild PPA and I don't want to tip myself over the edge to full-blown PPD. *sigh* Any how, thanks for the support and if I do decide to do this, I will definitely update.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #14
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So glad you found a formula your babe seems to be tolerating better. Best of luck to you both whether you decide to try relactating or not. Let us know if you do give it a try!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
aept is offline   Reply With Quote