Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #21
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Appointment Weekly Discussion 1/15-1/21

My appointment yesterday was AWESOME. My OB is totally respectful of what I want in my labor and delivery and even thinks placenta encapsulation is cool! I have never gone natural (always had an epidural) but I am praying I can do it so that I am encapsulate my placenta!! I also had a quickie ultrasound to peek at the baby and it appears that the bleed is getting smaller!!! So thankful!! (Oh, and baby looked great!!)

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguisgirl
My appointment yesterday was AWESOME. My OB is totally respectful of what I want in my labor and delivery and even thinks placenta encapsulation is cool! I have never gone natural (always had an epidural) but I am praying I can do it so that I am encapsulate my placenta!! I also had a quickie ultrasound to peek at the baby and it appears that the bleed is getting smaller!!! So thankful!! (Oh, and baby looked great!!)
Awesome News!!

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #23
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm in the waiting room, U/s in 10 minutes. I get so nervous every time worrying there will no longer be a heartbeat. Arghh! I hate this part!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #24
Erdbeere
Registered Users
seller

I still don't have an appointment. I saw my Family Doctor almost two weeks ago just to get a referal for On Post. Well I called them and they can't give me an appointment unless the have a positive blood pregnancy test and have me fill out paperwork.

My problem is that I am leaving in about two weeks and on wednesday I am already 12 weeks. So they better have one for me before I leave otherwise I won't be able to get an appointment until I am back which is not until end of march.
Erdbeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #25
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzae View Post
I'm in the waiting room, U/s in 10 minutes. I get so nervous every time worrying there will no longer be a heartbeat. Arghh! I hate this part!
Phew! Turned out just fine. Bean is still in there, heart beating away happily at 179bpm!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #26
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

OH MY GOSH! Went to my appt. I was totally nervous cause I knew they would give me the "payment plan" today and I had no idea what my new insurance was going to cover. My husband started a new job at the local hospital this past October.

LOL. They cover everything except my copay! So the doctor's portion of my pregnancy and delivery..... $20!! I am so thrilled!! And praising God. Last time it was a real struggle to cover our part. This is such a huge relief.

I do have to have my ultrasound at the hospital if I want it to be free. Otherwise the insurance only covers 50%. So I would pay 113 and something..... I told her I could handle doing it at the hospital! LOL

Heart beat was great at 163. She put the doppler on my belly and got baby RIGHT away. Literally! So nice! Make me think this baby could work for me getting one!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #27
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdbeere
I still don't have an appointment. I saw my Family Doctor almost two weeks ago just to get a referal for On Post. Well I called them and they can't give me an appointment unless the have a positive blood pregnancy test and have me fill out paperwork.

My problem is that I am leaving in about two weeks and on wednesday I am already 12 weeks. So they better have one for me before I leave otherwise I won't be able to get an appointment until I am back which is not until end of march.
Be careful about in post. Your fist apt will be an intake to I'll out paperwork and then 10 days later you get your first apt. For your blood test you should just be able to walk in to ob and ask for one. They will have you fill out a sheet of paper and then send you to the lab. Kinda stinks with military but you usually have I go in as soon as you find our your prego for that blood test to get seen in your first Tri.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #28
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had our first midwife appt. Friday the 13th of January. Lots of history... tried to find the HB to no avail, still haven't found it at home yet. I'm going to try again tonight.

I have my IPS screening on Feb. 1 at the hospital along with a TON of usual bloodwork, they saved it all for one day, yay me! I'm taking the day off for it which will be nice. I haven't told work about the new addition yet (though I'm sure they can guess by now) and I don't feel like working while ready to burst at the seams to keep my bladder full at the end of the day.

The results of the screening really won't make any difference, I just want to be sure everything is okay and we're measuring on track. I'm size huge at this point so I could have been off with my dates. I feel like it's twins, though I know it is unlikely. Perhaps it is just a fear based feeling. I'm also doing an early glucose test based on my BMI they are recommending it. Thankfully it's not a fasting test at this point. I had it last time late 2nd, early 3rd trimester and all was well. Better safe than sorry!

Good luck to everyone with all of the appointments coming up!
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #29
Erdbeere
Registered Users
seller

I know as far as appointments the military Hospital can be a pain. But as soon as everything is rolling it is fine. I had my first two on base as well. First one was perfect, second not as much. But that was because of the midwife.

They could do a lot better but I think with the right midwife and support it can be great no matter what

I just hope they will be able to make an exception. I will try do go in on saturday maybe the lab will be open.
Erdbeere is offline   Reply With Quote