Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat Starting Jan 16

I'm finally back to cooking again. I got away from it for a few weeks when I was really feeling awful. But it's my downtime, I love to cook and it calms me. Tonight I'm making homemade beef stew over egg noodles. Its the kids favorite meal and with the weather being so gloomy I thought it would be nice.

Missing my DH. He's been gone a week and it will be at least another 3 weeks before I hopefully see him. It depresses me even more after I talk to him on the phone, makes me realize how much more I miss him.

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
Just cleaned the bathroom and mopped the floors! Still need to fold laundry and wash wool. I think the wool's not gonna get done!! I'm ready to lay down!!
You sound plenty abitious to me :-) WOW, you make me tired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g&g View Post
. The other night it was California chicken salads-cook a chicken breast, slice, toss with lettuce, sliced strawberries, Mandarin oranges, candied pecans, blue cheese crumbles, dried cranberries, & balsamic vinegar dressing. =)
Oh my, that sounds AWESOME! DH would think I was really nuts- he's the iceberg lettuce with cheese, croutons, and 2x more French dressing sort .

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady View Post
But that parm breaded chicx does sound yumy! What is planko breadcrumbs?
Maybe she meant panko- japenese bread crumbs that are becoming very common in recipes.

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #13
g&g
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwexMa View Post

Maybe she meant panko- japenese bread crumbs that are becoming very common in recipes.
OMG, yes I did! okay, embarrassed at such a slip up....it was the baby talking!!
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina View Post
I'm finally back to cooking again. I got away from it for a few weeks when I was really feeling awful. But it's my downtime, I love to cook and it calms me. Tonight I'm making homemade beef stew over egg noodles. Its the kids favorite meal and with the weather being so gloomy I thought it would be nice.

Missing my DH. He's been gone a week and it will be at least another 3 weeks before I hopefully see him. It depresses me even more after I talk to him on the phone, makes me realize how much more I miss him.
I know what you mean... I hate DH being gone. He was gone for 10 weeks in the spring and it was so so hard. Hang in there!

I like to cook too but I hate not having all the ing. on hand! Since we're at the new house I feel like I'm constantly running to the store (and it's not close) for something. going to go to the crockpot thread and see what I can come up with for tomorrow. Tacos are for tonight.

Made egg salad for lunch b/c I was craving it and I've been eating it all afternoon! It grossed DH out so much he ate in his office. ha!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I barely made it out of the shower this morning before the water was cut off. There is another leak on campus. I feel bad for the men out there in the pouring rain trying to repair the pipes! DH had to cook lunch for 70 people without any water. We had coconut milk curry with rice and canned beans. He had (fortunately) filled up the pots with water to make rice before the water went out.

DH just took DS2 home for his nap. I have so much to do at work....but I am enjoying some peace. On Mondays I supervise computer lab and teach computer programming all with DS2 underfoot. It is exhausting.

Today he feels sick and is whiny. For the first time in over a month he slept most of the night. About four am I hear a croaking little sore voice trying to call for mommy. Since I didn't answer right away he started calling his brother, who is in the same room. It was heart-breaking how pitiful he sounded. I put him in bed with us and he went back to sleep. I had strange, crazy dreams. The last dream had me in the White House having tea with the Clintons and Queen Elizabeth. I committed a huge mistake by wearing black gloves and the Queen was mad at me. Not sure where that dream came from!!

Discipline committee meeting time. May have to expel some students today. I hate this.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
You guys are making me feel lazy! lol... I am mentally motivated to clean, just not physically.

DS is napping right now, so I'm taking that time to relax. He was up every hour last night. It's getting old!
If it makes you feel better.. I'm stuck in that place where I want to clean and do laundry.. I just can not bring myself to actually do it. On the plus side we did finally get DS's room cleaned up some last night... all that's left is the living room. But oh my...my house is a MESS! It's naptime here too, and the only reason I'm not napping is because it takes me forever to fall asleep now and DD will be up here shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady View Post
Dude! Those don't sound like super easy to me! Super easy is frozen lazagna, cut up romaine salad, and frozen french bread out at 2 to thaw and raise!!!

But that parm breaded chicx does sound yumy! What is planko breadcrumbs?
Those are my kind of dinners. We've been eating super simple stuff here. Between morning sickness and me not being able to eat much of anything I gave up on cooking anything real. chicken breasts and rice, spaghetti, and fajitas (or uhhh steak with some seasoning on a taco shell..) are about all we're eating. DH and DS have been eating a bunch of stuff we have that I can't eat to get it out of the way. And cereal is DS's favorite food at the moment so we have more cereal than I care to admit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina View Post

Homemade beef stew sounds soo yummy! I made some last week and it was soo good! I can't wait to get some motivation to cook, and find recipes I can actually eat! I'm sorry your DH is gone for so long, I hope these next 3 weeks fly for you.

AFM: I woke up feeling pretty good today, but just no motivation to do anything. I'm hoping this week goes by quickly.. I can't wait for my dr's appt next monday, and to finally be 12 weeks. I have to keep reminding myself that the morning sickness is almost over. Just another week or so. I think I might have convinced DH that we shouldn't find out the sex too! He thinks I'm crazy but he didn't really say much. I guess we'll see!

Last edited by LittleThingsMama638; 01-16-2012 at 01:08 PM.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #17
mkekaty
Registered Users
seller

I was just looking at the due date list and am amazed at how many of us are expecting #4, #5, etc.!! I don't feel quite so alone with my quickly growing family!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #18
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

My easy meals are much more like Martha's, too! actually frozen lasagna sounds good...

I am also really craving a Chicago style hot dog. DS put pretend ketchup on his play hotdog anf i had to jokingly correct him. No ketchup on dogs! So now i want one. There are brands without nitrates, right? Is there anything else bad about them? I mean, I know they aren't the healthiest meat, but are they dangerous?

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010) and one on the way due in Aug!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
My easy meals are much more like Martha's, too! actually frozen lasagna sounds good...

I am also really craving a Chicago style hot dog. DS put pretend ketchup on his play hotdog anf i had to jokingly correct him. No ketchup on dogs! So now i want one. There are brands without nitrates, right? Is there anything else bad about them? I mean, I know they aren't the healthiest meat, but are they dangerous?

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010) and one on the way due in Aug!
Do u live in the chicago area? We do!!

Yes applegate farms has a no nitrate a grassfed beef dog thats great! There are other brands too.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

how come you don't put ketchup on a hot dog?

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote