Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Help with cosleeping/sleep issues please.

DD is starting to get some bad habits.

My first issue is that she is wanting some one to be sleeping with her at all times now. Even for naps and this just isn't going to happen. I can lay with her for over an hour to get her to sleep and then before I can even leave the room she is up a screaming.

The second issue is that she has a new obsession with twiddling while sleeping. Its driving me nuts, not to mention my nipples are getting sore. I've tried sleeping on my stomach to stop this, but it causes me to feel engorged in the morning. I do sleep with clothes on, but she is a pro at finding a nipple and will not let anything get in her way.

The third is that dd keeps trying to sleep right up against DH or I. I think this has to do with the not sleeping alone issue.

I need to find a way to stop these things from happening or I think it may be time for her to start sleeping in her crib. No one is getting enough sleep because of this. DD is 15 months. Just looking for some suggestions on things to try so we may be able to continue cosleeping a little longer.

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
Melissa~BHS
B/S/T with caution~ Ignoring attempts to resolve FSOT issue.

My Mood:
Re: Help with cosleeping/sleep issues please.

Could you try having her hold something while she sleeps? That might keep her hands busy....

Melissa~BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help with cosleeping/sleep issues please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9800Emily View Post
My first issue is that she is wanting some one to be sleeping with her at all times now. Even for naps and this just isn't going to happen. I can lay with her for over an hour to get her to sleep and then before I can even leave the room she is up a screaming.

The third is that dd keeps trying to sleep right up against DH or I. I think this has to do with the not sleeping alone issue.

Are you co-sleeping for naps?

If you put her in a crib/or like, put a twisty toy in there with her. She'll be interested in that and might fuss a little, but will forget you left the room. She might cry a little bit, but she'll most likely fall asleep if she's really sleepy, but not way overtired at this point.

The second thing I would suggest is sticking your shirt or your dh's shirt next to her up against the side of her crib... might need to let her fuss a little before she gets used to going to sleep on her own for her naps.

of course if you can come back and remove the items after she's fallen asleep... we put our sent on her cover sheet, so there's no need to remove it.

hth
hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote