Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

wool lovers...I've got questions

I'm having no issue buying for my almost 18mo but when it comes to newbie in april I have no idea. I think because I don't have an actual baby here to measure. I'm in ohio so we start to get warm (capri/shorts) weather around may and if we're lucky at the end of April. I'm slowly finding some knits that I like but really love interlock and the sbish longies I just got. What do I buy for the newbie? I am clueless!

Advertisement

jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
Beccimae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: wool lovers...I've got questions

I used and LOVED one little Disana brown soaker for my August baby. I also tried Loveybums crepe wraps, Kissa Wool Lovers and a few longies. I purchased NB size scrappies from a Mama on here and absolutely feel in love with longies. I have amassed quite a few now that my LO is bigger and I have no idea how many we really have. My vote is for the Disana (I would go with brown personally). They are just so soft and work so well. My daughter would sleep in her little wool "pants" for hours on in. The hospital staff thought they were the most adorable thing. And the umbilical stump did not have any problem healing!
Beccimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:36 AM   #3
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

I'm glad you suggested Disana! I've been wanting to try for my oldest too

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
Old 01-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
beegee9
Registered Users

Hey, just had to post-- I also have an 18 month old and am expecting in April! Funny!

I have NOTHING for covers yet for the newbie. I've been building my stash with dipes but ignored the covers issue entirely. When I realized this (last week, haha) I bought two old man sweaters from Goodwill and am going to try to make a few newbie-sized covers out of it. I've never sewn wool in my life, but recently practiced my craptastic sewing skills out by making 2 fleece soakers for my DD. They turned out alright, so that's what gave me the confidence to buy some old sweaters to hack up. I'm pretty sure they're going to look awful but hopefully function well. I imagine sewing tiny little nb soakers is way harder than large stuff for older babies.

I'd love to stock up on store-bought or (even better, IMO) handmade/Etsy-bought covers, but I really just don't want to spend any more money!

My question is-- do people prefer soakers (pull up style) or snap-style covers for newborns?

I do have 2 small Sugarpeas wool covers that are super thin and look pretty small... wondering if they might be small enough for nb stage.
beegee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I prefer the soaker style. To me they were more gentle around the waist and cord. I have heard many prefer the wrap style because of explosive nb poo. I remember just rolling the cover down instead of pulling them down so the poo didn't get all over the legs. At the time I hadn't heard of jelly rolling the legs to help contain the poo so we did get poo on the covers pretty regular.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
beegee9
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I prefer the soaker style. To me they were more gentle around the waist and cord. I have heard many prefer the wrap style because of explosive nb poo. I remember just rolling the cover down instead of pulling them down so the poo didn't get all over the legs. At the time I hadn't heard of jelly rolling the legs to help contain the poo so we did get poo on the covers pretty regular.
Oh my goodness, I hadn't thought about any of this until right now! Thanks for your post! Removing a soaker full of nb poop, I honestly didn't even think of it... but then the gentle waist for the cord-- I also hadn't thought of this either! WHERE IS MY BRAIN???

That's some good food for thought!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

I'm excited to have two close together because my oldest is 6 but then I'm nervous about the whole jealousy thing!
Where is the best place to buy Disana?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

Also anyone ordered from anged.de/shop/?
I just got sbish longies from there!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
MomBecks
Registered Users

I've got them and so does GMD and Organic Little Feet to name a few!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used Luxe soakers (interlock) and Disana when my DS2 was a newbie.

I have bought Disana from Abby's Lane before (she had the size I needed where GMD did not).
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote