Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Explain to me about Patient Intakes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jana View Post
Besides the ER is often filled with sick contagious people. I would hate to see you pick up a germ there! Your body needs to stay strong for baby Have you considered getting a doppler? I got one for around 30 and was able to find babys heartbeat at 7w0d!
ETA: also maybe look in to independent ultrasound places if you feel you can't wait! Around here there is one called Ultrasona. They are not doctors just a place that let's mamas see their babys. They will point out heartbeat, genders, etc. No need for a DR referral. I believe they charge 70$ here for an ultrasound and you get pics.
We have a couple within an hour of us and plan on going to on later on, but you need to have had an ultrasound with a doctor before they'll see you. Not sure if that's true everywhere though. If it's not than that's the way to go!

Advertisement

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any co-payment with my insur. And the ER's here, are lucky if they get 3 cases a day. Really. There is absolutely no "traffic" or waiting in our ER's. In fact, if a Dr orders an u/s, they usually send you to the ER because the machine is better quality. It's a good old boy system, with a very small population. The last ER visit I had, was blood work, u/s and something else, and they billed my insur. under $600. When I went to the MW and she ordered an u/s, they were charged $1200. I have never been under the care of an RE, the ordering Dr was just a FP Dr. which isn't that uncommon. The closest OB that I could use, is over 2 hours away, and that is using the hwy at 75pmh. I am literally, in the middle of nowhere. Our closest neighbor is over 10 miles away. The closest town with a population over 250 is about 90 minutes away. This isn't like Cali where I can pick from over 100 Drs and actually find one I might like. They won't even offer the NT scan in most practices here because the Mother might choose to terminate if the outcome is poor. I have SEVERE PTSD from last DD's birth, and that has to be one of the first things that is made known to ANY potential Dr. For now, I am just waiting it out. If it's twins, then we will find out eventually. I just don't want to get 12wks into this, being sick and run down and then find out it is a blighted ovum or something else negative. I just had a total yearly exam done in mid-October, so I will be waiving the Pap and other bloodwork not related to pg. Thank you Ladies!
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #13
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliasMum View Post
I don't have any co-payment with my insur. And the ER's here, are lucky if they get 3 cases a day. Really. There is absolutely no "traffic" or waiting in our ER's. In fact, if a Dr orders an u/s, they usually send you to the ER because the machine is better quality. It's a good old boy system, with a very small population. The last ER visit I had, was blood work, u/s and something else, and they billed my insur. under $600. When I went to the MW and she ordered an u/s, they were charged $1200. I have never been under the care of an RE, the ordering Dr was just a FP Dr. which isn't that uncommon. The closest OB that I could use, is over 2 hours away, and that is using the hwy at 75pmh. I am literally, in the middle of nowhere. Our closest neighbor is over 10 miles away. The closest town with a population over 250 is about 90 minutes away. This isn't like Cali where I can pick from over 100 Drs and actually find one I might like. They won't even offer the NT scan in most practices here because the Mother might choose to terminate if the outcome is poor. I have SEVERE PTSD from last DD's birth, and that has to be one of the first things that is made known to ANY potential Dr. For now, I am just waiting it out. If it's twins, then we will find out eventually. I just don't want to get 12wks into this, being sick and run down and then find out it is a blighted ovum or something else negative. I just had a total yearly exam done in mid-October, so I will be waiving the Pap and other bloodwork not related to pg. Thank you Ladies!
I hear you Momma! I had a missed m/c and I can't imagine waiting until 12+ weeks to know if the pregnancy was viable! After that loss, I had early u/s with both my DD and this pregnancy. I don't recommend getting a u/s before you are sure you are 6.5+ weeks, because it was terrifying to have an u/s in the 5 week window before there was a heartbeat and spend another week terrified it was a blighted ovum. If the ER is really your only option that isn't wildly inconvenient, then follow your gut and go in a week or 2.