Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Target or Motherhood bra?

Nursing is going really well for us, so I need to get an actual nursing bra instead of the sleep bras that I have. Right now we cant afford a really nice one, so can anybody recommend one from target or motherhood maternity? Thanks mamas!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
clothrookie3
Registered Users
seller

I buy from Walmart (2 for $12) and love them. I also buy walmarts' nursing tank tops. We don't have a target within an hour or so drive from here but i plan on getting some from there too. I know I'm not much help but just wanted to say buy one and see if you like it. It never hurts to try unless it's a $40 dent in your pocket KWIM? Just keep the tags on and try it out. If you don't like it return it and tell them it just didn't fit right or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
clothrookie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
kej
Registered Users
seller

Re: Target or Motherhood bra?

I loved Target's and used them for years. They held up very well.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothrookie3
I buy from Walmart (2 for $12) and love them. I also buy walmarts' nursing tank tops. We don't have a target within an hour or so drive from here but i plan on getting some from there too. I know I'm not much help but just wanted to say buy one and see if you like it. It never hurts to try unless it's a $40 dent in your pocket KWIM? Just keep the tags on and try it out. If you don't like it return it and tell them it just didn't fit right or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I didn't think Walmart carried nursing bras, I'll have to check them out!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a Target bra and it didn't work well for me at all. Maybe I got the wrong fit but the bottom band rolled in the front all of the time. I've not tried Walmart's bras but I do like their nursing tanks. They're usually near the bras. I liked the Motherhood Bra I had and they sometimes have sales. I also got some from JCPenny's that I really liked and were reasonable prices. The other option that worked for me was to get a bra that had straps that could be worn regular or crossed in the back (mine were Barely There Brand from Elder Beerman) because they unsnapped in the front just like a typical nursing bra. So it is a great nursing bra but doesn't look like one.

OliviaZachariahIsabella Psalm 139:13-14
togetherinthelandofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didn't think about JC Penney either, thanks!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Be sure to be sized by a professional before buying ANY bra. You don't have to buy from a store just because you got sized there.

AND, even though you think you know your size, try on a few different sizes in the style you like to be sure you are getting the fit you want (both cups and band sizes). Keep an eye out for pinching around the arm pit and along the sides of the breast (to prevent mastitis) and if at first you don't succeed, try a different bra! Keep in mind that until 6-8 weeks there is still a good amount of fluctuation of the breast size during the day. And until about 3-4 months, your breasts won't be completely settled. For that reason, I suggest bras with plenty of stretch.
tibeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibeca
Be sure to be sized by a professional before buying ANY bra. You don't have to buy from a store just because you got sized there.

AND, even though you think you know your size, try on a few different sizes in the style you like to be sure you are getting the fit you want (both cups and band sizes). Keep an eye out for pinching around the arm pit and along the sides of the breast (to prevent mastitis) and if at first you don't succeed, try a different bra! Keep in mind that until 6-8 weeks there is still a good amount of fluctuation of the breast size during the day. And until about 3-4 months, your breasts won't be completely settled. For that reason, I suggest bras with plenty of stretch.
Thank you! I was going to measure myself, since I haven't found a store here other than VS to measure me, and I know they won't do it correctly.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Target ones are great for the price. The walmsrt ones are a great price but not very supportive if you're more than a C cup. They have more variety online though and .97 shipping so it's great to try out if you would like.
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm a C cup normally, do I'm guessing D or DD now, I need to figure it out!