Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #101
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Give me good stories about vaccinations

n/a

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 01-31-2012 at 04:29 PM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #102
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Give me good stories about vaccinations

OMG don't worry about it too much! I don't believe anything online. I believe the medical commmunity on this one. I have plenty of them in my family. Vaccines have changed so much.

Vaccinating is so important. The reasons why the US and other countries vaccinate is because babies and children were DYING and developed disablities from diseases. Why would I want this for my child. I don't. There are so many foreigners in the US that are exposing people to things but we are all vaccinated so we aren't afflicted but the kids people who aren't well they would get it. I have 4 kids and all 4 are vaccinated on schedule with no side effects other than a slight fever but only after the one type. My kids are all normal, bright kids. I even do the chicken pox vaccine. I think about the hep food outbreaks and know that won't be us and I don't have to worry if my kids want to do abroad. I don't have to worry about them not even thinking about the fact they weren't vaccinated and contractig something awful.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #103
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor

Most of those diseases are pretty rare to begin with, then a complication is very rare on top of that. And a child with a very strong immune system can fight something off faster/easier than one that had numerous chemicals and toxins injected into their body. Not to mention the past antibiotics, and medicines. Overall vaccinated children just aren't as healthy as unvaccinated. You can call it whatever you want, but I've found it to be pretty accurate.
The diseases are rare because of the vaccines. Thankfully we have a medical field to make these vaccines to eradicate these diseases. Many people suffered and died because of these diseases, but thankfully our children don't have to suffer b/c of these vaccinations.

How in the heck can you say overall vaccinated children aren't as healthy as unvaccinated children. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. May I ask where you get this info from?

All 4 of my children are fully vaccinated and have been minimally sick. No ear infections, a random 1 day stomach bug about once a year, and of course a little cold here and there. No antibiotics for any of them. When they have been sick it was due to the spreading of germs, not b/c they were vaccinated.

To OP, we have never had any issues with vaxes. None of my 4 have ever had any side effects and none of them had tylenol after them. I will say that I'm beyond glad that we have vaxed our kids. I don't have to worry they any of my kids will catch one of these horrific diseases when I could have done something to prevent it.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #104
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane

The diseases are rare because of the vaccines. Thankfully we have a medical field to make these vaccines to eradicate these diseases. Many people suffered and died because of these diseases, but thankfully our children don't have to suffer b/c of these vaccinations.

How in the heck can you say overall vaccinated children aren't as healthy as unvaccinated children. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. May I ask where you get this info from?

All 4 of my children are fully vaccinated and have been minimally sick. No ear infections, a random 1 day stomach bug about once a year, and of course a little cold here and there. No antibiotics for any of them. When they have been sick it was due to the spreading of germs, not b/c they were vaccinated.

To OP, we have never had any issues with vaxes. None of my 4 have ever had any side effects and none of them had tylenol after them. I will say that I'm beyond glad that we have vaxed our kids. I don't have to worry they any of my kids will catch one of these horrific diseases when I could have done something to prevent it.
Those diseases had greatly decreased before the vaccine was ever introduced. Sure, if you don't mind all the risks, the vaccine does offer some protection, but vaccines did not "save us".

In my experience vaccinated children are less healthy than non vaccinated. The least healthy being formula fed and vaccinated. There will be those that are healthy/unhealthy on both sides, but from my experience it's very obvious.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #105
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:

Those diseases had greatly decreased before the vaccine was ever introduced. Sure, if you don't mind all the risks, the vaccine does offer some protection, but vaccines did not "save us".
Source? I think what you are referring to is those graphs that people throw around in anti-vax arguments. Look closely at them. They do NOT reference infection rate, they reference mortality. Yes, mortality began to decline before the vaccine because we were able to treat the condition better with the experienced gained. The actual infection rates, however, dropped after the vaccine was introduced, not before. If you have data to the contrary for infection rates, I'd love to see it. But I'm guessing you are referring to those same graphs that no one bothers to look at the axis of.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #106
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine

Source? I think what you are referring to is those graphs that people throw around in anti-vax arguments. Look closely at them. They do NOT reference infection rate, they reference mortality. Yes, mortality began to decline before the vaccine because we were able to treat the condition better with the experienced gained. The actual infection rates, however, dropped after the vaccine was introduced, not before. If you have data to the contrary for infection rates, I'd love to see it. But I'm guessing you are referring to those same graphs that no one bothers to look at the axis of.
Nope, I know those graphs show mortality rates. My point is that vaccines did not "save us" from such "deadly diseases".
Old 02-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #107
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:

Nope, I know those graphs show mortality rates. My point is that vaccines did not "save us" from such "deadly diseases".
Then saying the "diseases had greatly decreased before the vaccine" is wording it very poorly, and is quite misleading. The diseases did not decrease before the vaccine. As for saving us, yes I would say that vaccines have saved us from a number of diseases. When's the last time you heard of someone getting small pox? Probably 1977. Polio? In the US you rarely see this horrific disease (and death is far from the only complication of Polio). Do you question the data showing that diseases have declined as a result of vaccines? Or are you questioning germ theory? I know earlier in this thread you claimed that the vaccines had a 70% effective rate, which is completely untrue.

Last edited by Janine; 02-01-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 AM   #108
zabnut
Registered Users

I dunno, my dh was a formula fed, fully vaccinated baby and now he's a 6'7" basketball/high jumping/multiple math degrees high school math teacher.
I also was fully vaccinated and grew up healthy as a horse on out family farm with absolutley no side effects multiple degrees lab technician.
Lifes just a crapshoot i suppose.
zabnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #109
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane

From my research Ive read that most of the diseases were already on a natural decline.
We do have a medical field but unfortunately they offer a one size fits all execution that is NOT best for every single child. In addition, let us not discount the fact tht the field is big business so the cheapest and most effective (and not always the safest for everyone) route is taken. And i dont think for a moment tht we are privy to all the info we should have regarding all the effects of vac BC it is a business and very much politically intertwined.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #110
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think its a personal choice and either way is a risk. You just decide which is riskier for you and your fam and dont look back