Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #41
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Give me good stories about vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankenstein'sMama0709 View Post
I'm sorry this was uncalled for, I could turn it on you & say how would you feel if your child had a vaccine injury or died from getting a vaccine. I'm not completely anti vaccine but I do delay. It burns my butt when people call other peoples opinions ridiculous, misinformed & fear based.

Op: we stopped my sons vaccines after 6 months to do more research & I put them off till 3 then I will vax him for the rest minus one or two.
Agreed.

I also dont think they are TOTALLY preventable illnesses, even the vax can give the kid the illness.

I have done my research, hours upon hours. I respect ea mama's decision for their family

Advertisement

Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #42
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSB View Post
How would you feel if your child died or had unfortunate complications from a TOTALLY PREVENTABLE child hood disease? Honestly, everyone is entitled to their opinion (yes, even me) but the ridiculousness of people's misinformed, fear based decision not to vaccinate their children burns my butt. Everyone's an expert these days
Meh, not all of us who don't vaccinate don't make fear based decisions. We've done research as well.

OP whatever you decided, I agree, good for you for researching all sides

Personally my first was fully vaxed until 6 months and then did have a reaction that left some major issues behind. Child #2 has only had DtAP. Child #1 has a low immune system, SPD, developmental delay and a gross motor skill delay.

Child #2 is fully healthy, with only minor childhood colds.

This is our experience. Everyone is different. Having dealt personally with issues, we did what was best for our children and I know you will for yours as well no matter what the choice is
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #43
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that a lot of it has to do with the state of your child's immune system. Was your baby breastfed almost exclusively? Does he/she get plenty of sunshine and probiotic foods? Is there any history of immune disorders or negative vax reactions in your family? Do you have a pet? Does your child get outside a lot and play in the dirt? How many (if any) courses of antibiotics has the child had in their life? All of these things will affect the state of the child's immune system, which can really affect how they react to the vaccinations.
Having a pet it good, breastfeeding is good, probiotic foods, dirt, and sunshine are all good.
Formula feeding, antibiotics, and processed food all leave a child more likely to have a negative, serious reaction. Nothing is guaranteed, but those are just some htings to think about.

I guess what I'm saying is...other people's experiences with their children have nothing to do with how YOUR child might react. You have to do the research and weigh the risks in YOUR case.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #44
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I think that a lot of it has to do with the state of your child's immune system. Was your baby breastfed almost exclusively? Does he/she get plenty of sunshine and probiotic foods? Is there any history of immune disorders or negative vax reactions in your family? Do you have a pet? Does your child get outside a lot and play in the dirt? How many (if any) courses of antibiotics has the child had in their life? All of these things will affect the state of the child's immune system, which can really affect how they react to the vaccinations.
Having a pet it good, breastfeeding is good, probiotic foods, dirt, and sunshine are all good.
Formula feeding, antibiotics, and processed food all leave a child more likely to have a negative, serious reaction. Nothing is guaranteed, but those are just some htings to think about.

I guess what I'm saying is...other people's experiences with their children have nothing to do with how YOUR child might react. You have to do the research and weigh the risks in YOUR case.
I'd love to read your research sources on the bolded.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #45
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
The story is that there is no story.

While you will hear lots of stories about vaccine reactions, the vast majority of those reactions cannot be positively linked (other than by timing) to vaccination. On the other hand, serious outcomes from VPD are easily linked to those diseases. These outcomes have been reduced and in some cases entirely eliminated by vaccination. While you will hear from some people that they do not believe that vaccination has a significant part in the reduction in disease, the scientific data shows that it has.

I have no story to tell, 3 kids all fully vaxed, on schedule, absolutely no problems
Old 01-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #46
mommyfrog
Registered Users

All my kids are fully vaxed and on time. None of them have had more that a low fever and fussiness. My oldest does have ADD, but so do many people in both sides of the family, so I'm pretty sure it's an inherited brain function and not damage of some kind. The only vax we don't do (my oldest did and none of the rest will), is the HPV vax.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #47
Crankenstein'sMama0709
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
The thing is, there are a LOT of people who DO form their opinion on vax based on fear and misinformation, and never do a lot of real research. For every mama on here who does all her research on vaccinations, there are three other people out there who heard some celebrity say that vaccines cause autism and decided not to get their kids shots based on that. And THAT is absolutely ridiculous, misinformed and fear based.
Some people do, but not all of us do. She was basically saying that we all did. And some people decide to vax their kids for the same reasons, it goes both ways.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #48
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was fully vaxed with the old *gasp* mercury preservative vaccines and I have multiple degrees and an am very smart person. I have an uncle who was not vaxed and he has autism. The study that linked vaxing to autism was a made up study. The story was retracted and the dr. was a phony.

Another uncle died of pneumonia which was a complication of whooping cough. He suffocated at 13 months old. Vaccination was not an option for him. My aunt is infertile because she got the mumps. Vaccination was not an option for her either.

My husband was re-vaccinated almost every time he crossed a border in Latin American as a child. He is fine and smart (most of the time )

Both my children were vaxed on schedule and are fine. The kids and I even get flu shots every year. I haven't had the flu in 12 years. DH never gets a flu shot and gets it about every-other year.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #49
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No story to tell here either. Both children are fully vaxed with no complications and are very healthy and happy. We will also choose to vax future children.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #50
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 3yo DS is fully vaxed, on schedule, never really cried much at all during the shots. He is super smart, if I say so myself (too smart for me some days... ha ha), extremely verbal, spoke in full sentences sooner than most of the other kids in our playgroup, can sing on key better than most kids his age that I've met...

Another vax story -- I have never missed a flu shot in 15 years (the last time I missed it, I got the flu and boy, it took me down for a week solid). This year, DS and I both got the flu shot, but we still caught the flu (no vax gives 100% immunity, and in fact, many vaccines are designed to reduce your symptoms so you don't get very sick/die, and so you are less likely to spread the disease around). DS was down for about a day, but now just looks like he has a regular cold. I was dizzy for a day, but just have cold symptoms now. DH on the other hand did not get the flu vaccine (despite my bugging him constantly) - he is convulsing, aching, feverish, has hardly any appetite, and feels like he is ready to die.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote