View Poll Results: Did you use a doula for your 2nd+ birth?
Yes, and highly recommend it. 9 42.86%
Yes, but didn't find it necessary 4 19.05%
No but I wish I had 1 4.76%
No and I'm glad I didn't 5 23.81%
Other (please explain!) 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Doulas for 2nd+ babies?

We're leaning towards asking for a doula just to be there for the birth. We don't feel we need the 2-3 prenatal visits, except for the initial consultation of course. I know all of the prep work I have to do, it's in the moment that I panic and forget. That's where she'll be most useful. We're goingto interview a couple and see how it goes. If we find someone we love we'll go for it, otherwise we'll be fine!

I did ask DF if he could act like Barbara did last time, hopping up on thebed and shoving her knee in my back, etc. and he said yeah, but he doesn't know HOW to do it right. So we shall see!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #22
Registered Users

this is baby #3 for us...and i am looking into doulas and am trying to plan a vba2c...

#1 was induced at 38w5ds for High bp and huricanne was coming dr didn't want me to get upset and bp go higher during storm and not make it to hossy or hossy to fill up with folks...which it did while we were there...after 12 hr.s i was only 4cm and dr said my bp was too we did c/s

#2 scheduled c/s at 38wks6ds

#3 planning a vba2c and want to hire a doula or labor at home/birthcenter with midwives...still looking and talking to folks
**Please forgive any typos!!**
Bridget... Married to my bestfriend since '03...
SAHM of 3... Dd1 9/08, dd2 12/10, and ds 4/12
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

I didn't have a doula with #1 and made it med free because I was in the right mindset to do it. With #2 I knew going in I would not be in the right mindset due to life situations so we hired a doula. I was so glad she was there. It made me feel so much safer to have her with us. It was nice to have someone else there who was focused just on us reminding us and my OB of things and keeping us focused. I would recommend a doula for any birth.
Mom to Violet and someone new coming in December.
MBFL is offline   Reply With Quote