Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Do they really?!

Do people really touch your belly? Or did they? LOL I have NEVER had someone do that to me - family and friends rarely did it either, LOL. My tummy isn't THAT repelling, LOL!!
I had said in a different thread somewhere else that I think I look mean and that keeps people from doing it. Not that I look like I could kick your butt... but DH likes to say that I looked pissed off a lot, LOL. Is that why? I dunno - I hear about people touching pregnant women's tummies all the time - but it's never happened to me!

Advertisement

Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #2
raversangel
Banned

Re: Do they really?!

yep! when i was preggers with my last one i would walk into walmart and 4 outta 5 times the greeter or someone there would just walk up and rub me!! i HATED it and it was hard as hell not to smack their hand like a naughty child...now if dh was with me it never happened...once i went into a donut shop and there were a TON of older asian women and it was all over...lol...i think everyone in the store was rubbing my belly! its considered good luck
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

LOL, maybe they can just read my mind. I think if someone touched my stomache I would probably just haul off and punch them, LOL. Nothing against them, just a reflex, LOL. Something about people I don't know either touching me or where my babies are freaks me out, LOL. So it must just be me...
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #4
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Up until 2 weeks ago I was teaching at my local elementary school--talk about touching my belly!! Every kid had to rub on the way out of my classroom and ask how "Sam-I-Am" was doing... soooo itchy!! The worst is my MIL... she's CONSTANTLY violating me! grrrrr...... I hate it!
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had people try/doing it a lot. my stepmom and a couple of my moms friends did, then i made a shirt that said "yes im pregnant and no you cant touch me" cause people kept trying to stick their hand out and poke it and rub it and if i moved so the couldnt i got pissed off people. uhh, hello its MY belly!!
i do NOT like people touching me! ugh. i havent even hugged my mom in like..a long time, i hug thomas and my baby and thats really it!!
but this one chick who looked to be about my age (17 then) came up to me in walmart and asked if she could rub my belly for good luck? and i gave her the weirdest look and shes like "what? is that such a weird thing to ask? i think it would be fun" :scratch: and im like ..."uhhh...no, i dont wanna be touched" and she looked at me like I was nuts and put her hands up and backed off like you know, in sjhows when the bad guy tells the cops to put own their weapons??? very weird!
\
oh and people getting mad cause i wouldnt tell them what i was having, i just repliedwith " a baby!"
and when he was born i had him snuggled in a ring sling betwee my boobs and some lady rubbed his head and im like HELLO!!

ugh, i hate people trying to touch!!!!! dont feel bad it gets old...QUICKLY
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #6
Emma
Registered Users
seller

Only one person has randomly walked up and touched my belly. Personally, I don't like being touched, but given that the guy is an older gentleman and is a director of one of the facilities on base...I just let it slide. He doesn't mean anything by it. Some of the women I work w/will touch my belly, but only if I say "hey...you wanna feel (insert baby body part)?" I think I would freak out if a total stranger touched me.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:35 AM   #7
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i never really minded with most people when i was preggo with my first two ds's. my mil it drove me nuts with...even with ds#1 when i did get along with her, i think the weirdest thing she ever did was when i nursed i would cover up, unless i was only w/dh or at my parents house (unless my dad was in the room haha) anyhow i was covered and nursing him and she came over and pulled the blanket away and just watched, she was like 8 inches from my boob. i felt terribly violated. anyhow with this pg, hardly anyone touches my tummy....i kinda miss it. it makes me wonder if people just don't care anymore when they see you already have two kids, i guess it's only that magical the first time around?
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:51 AM   #8
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

People did it to me all the time! I remember St Patricks day when I was still preggo with Hazel, I had a very drunk lady come up and "rub it for luck" But mostly it was family(also very annoying). I'll rub your tummy if you want, but really you should count yourself lucky.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #9
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

It all depends...with my first, we were very active in two churches and ALL the ladies rubbed my belly every week. I hated it!

Now, though, we're not really involved in any "communities" and it doesn't happen as much. Plus, I'm usually chasing two little guys around...harder to rub a moving target!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #10
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard one solution is to immediately start rubbing the violator's belly in return. Makes them realise how weird what they're doing is.
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote