Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
MrzP427
Registered Users
seller

Naming Baby WWYD?

So DF and I are expecting #4 in August. This is his 1st.

We do not know what we are having and having a really hard time with naming this baby if its a boy.

See the problem is when we got back together he had gotten out of another relationship. Unfortunately this girl was cheating on him even though she swore she hadn't. Well right after finding out that he and I were back together she decided to announce that she was pregnant and when he asked her if there was a possibility that it was his (timing was right) she said NO that it was her 1st sons Father's. Well we went on with our life and then DF proposed and she decided to claim that he was the father. Long story short she made us miserable for 9 months and then when the baby was born she gave him MY DF's first name.

Anyway we got the results to the DNA today and it turns out He is not the baby's father. She swears that having the same first name made her son a Jr.

Her sons name is Steven Miguel (her last name) Jr.

My DF is Steven no middle name P**** Ortiz

I want to name this baby after him if its a boy seeing as it would be his first and I don't have any Jr's (I didn't like my boys fathers name). Should I name my baby after him even if she already named her child that and has no intention of changing it. Or should we just go with a different name and use his name as a middle name?

Sorry so long bless you for reading this far

Using DS from my smartphone so please excuse typos =)

Advertisement

Join Me on Swagbucks its how I have made $1,148 and rising for My family.
MrzP427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Naming Baby WWYD?

was he married to this woman? do they have any children together? basically I'm asking, how much will this woman be in your lives? If not very much, name the child whatever you want and who cares what she did, she's just a crazy ex. If she's going to be involved in your lives somehow, maybe use his name as the middle name.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So the kid isn't even his, and she didn't use his full legal name?

Wow. The child isn't a JR. Not by far. Basically you can name your child whatever you like, tacking a Jr on the end doesn't name him after someone.. You can even name your kid Junior. lol

Anyway.. assuming he has no contact with this child or her even.. And your husband likes the idea. Go for it.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
MrzP427
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chello
was he married to this woman? do they have any children together? basically I'm asking, how much will this woman be in your lives? If not very much, name the child whatever you want and who cares what she did, she's just a crazy ex. If she's going to be involved in your lives somehow, maybe use his name as the middle name.
Now that the DNA test is Negative she wont be in our lives at all. He waa dying to get rid of her but couldnt because of the claim of him being the father. She just befriended a lot of his family and I don't know how they would act about it seeing as the know her sons name :/

ETA: he was only in a relationship with her for 2 months so No marriage lol

Using DS from my smartphone so please excuse typos =)

Join Me on Swagbucks its how I have made $1,148 and rising for My family.

Last edited by MrzP427; 01-17-2012 at 07:24 PM.
MrzP427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It is not a Jr unless the name is exactly the same.
Here is a warning though. My ex and his dad has the exact same first name, different middle names and same last names. This has led to so many issues. From his dad's SSI check being deposited into our account to credit report issues. I saw a news segment on this recently about the credit report issues. My ex's first name is Michael. When pregnant with DD had she been a boy(before we found out girl) we would have probably used Aaron Michael. Aaron is not related to anything at all.
If you really want to do it, and he does also, do it. I don't think it is weird. He isn't the father. The name she used technically isn't a Jr of him so no big deal.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn5388
So the kid isn't even his, and she didn't use his full legal name?

Wow. The child isn't a JR. Not by far. Basically you can name your child whatever you like, tacking a Jr on the end doesn't name him after someone.. You can even name your kid Junior. lol

Anyway.. assuming he has no contact with this child or her even.. And your husband likes the idea. Go for it.
Yes!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
jessica377
Registered Users
seller

I'd definitely name your son after DH if that is your wish. Once his family meets your beautiful baby they won't think twice about the name - it will be HIS name!
jessica377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica377
I'd definitely name your son after DH if that is your wish. Once his family meets your beautiful baby they won't think twice about the name - it will be HIS name!
Agree. If she is out of your life, kick her out. Don't let her influence your decisions
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

she sounds nuts, I would name my baby after his biological father without hesitation, he is YOUR fiancee and your baby is actually his, I hope that the crazy lady stays out of your lives
Old 01-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #10
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Name your baby what you want! He isn't the crazy ladies baby's daddy (lol) and she has no say in your life from this point on.