Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
becca jean
Registered Users
Private attorney adoption

Has anyone done this type of adoption? Would you be willing to share your experience? Any pros/cons? I am still treading the adoption agency/children svcs/private attorney adoption waters. I am planning on going full force this fall when I move. I do have some info from a few agencies and my local children svcs bureau. Just trying to weigh all my options. Thanks!!!

Oh, I don't know if this matters but I am single (divorced) 29yo woman with a ft job and very supportive family.

Rebecca, single mama to my furbabies Liberty Rose & Apollo.
becca jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Private attorney adoption

We tried a little bit of everything - agency, facilitator (don't recommend) and private attorney. It took us a long long time but eventually our son's birth family found us online and we did a private/attorney only adoption. I far preferred it to agency as with agency, they control all the contact and we just worked everything out amongst ourselves, brought in attorney's for the paperwork and maintain a nice, open, loving relationship. If you can afford it, I'd do a few different ways. I'd sign up with a private attorney, sign up with an agency (it does not have to be your home study agency) and do a bit of advertising.

Good luck!
Mom to my wonderfully sweet toddler who is the joy of our lives. :
pcjs is offline   Reply With Quote