Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #31
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Engorgement relief and possible EPing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
I EPed for my twins for 16 months. I tried getting them to latch for the first 8 weeks, but then I had to go back to work and I just didn't have time to try to nurse, then pump and then give them a bottle 8 times a day. So, I just decided to go ahead with EPing. It was hard but it was doable and they were exclusively fed BM until 16 months and then I finished up my freezer stash giving them each one bottle a day until 18months!
That is awesome, Mama! Way to go!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #32
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

I think my son really hates my breasts. I've taken him in for three sessions of cranio-sacral therapy with little improvement. My LC came by the other night and got him to nurse in a new position. I was able to get him to nurse for a feeding after that, but he wouldn't latch and nurse again after that. It seems that when my LC comes, he'll nurse with her around and nurse one time afterward but that's it. it's super frustrating since I'm trying to nurse him, I'm EPing because he won't nurse, and now I'm noticing a drop in my supply (which my LC said is normal in the first few weeks.) I'm getting extremely frustrated and exhausted.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #33
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

I think my son really hates my breasts. I've taken him in for three sessions of cranio-sacral therapy with little improvement. My LC came by the other night and got him to nurse in a new position. I was able to get him to nurse for a feeding after that, but he wouldn't latch and nurse again after that. It seems that when my LC comes, he'll nurse with her around and nurse one time afterward but that's it. it's super frustrating since I'm trying to nurse him, I'm EPing because he won't nurse, and now I'm noticing a drop in my supply (which my LC said is normal in the first few weeks.) I'm getting extremely frustrated and exhausted.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote