Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
for those who've had their babies..

how long till you were able to get up and walk around? i remember how long i felt tired after dd2, but not when i was able to get up and around. hoping this baby comes at the birth center so i'll have more freedom to get up and do what i need to!

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: for those who've had their babies..

When I had DD, I felt SO GOOD! We walked up and down the driveway the evening we came home, which was about 12 hrs after birth. I hope I feel that relief this time too.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've found the longer the labor, the longer it's taken me to get back "on my feet", lol. I felt like I was hit by a semi after DD1, after 17 hours of labor, it definitely took close to a week. With DD2, I was up and moving around well right away(as soon as I got home from the hospital), after just 4 hours of labor. With DS, it was a little more tough, and took a bit longer than it did with DD2, but not even CLOSE to how it was with DD1, after 8 hours of labor. I had an episitomy with DD1, and tore with the other two, all about the same, "3rd degree".

Last edited by Mama_Destiny; 01-18-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i was up moving an hour after. We took stefan in so i had to walk through one er went home changed and headed to childrens. TONS of walking i dont think i stopped much. I have recovered my fastest after the two youngest and being natural.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was up and moving around within a few hours. Mostly from bed to bathroom and then later on I went and sat in the living room for a while.
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

with dd1 it took me 3 weeks to move around but i had a 4th degree tear.this time i was up within an hour or so after birth and was at walmart shopping at 1 week. although i felt it after i got home, lol.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

i think with my first birth i was up and doing things quicker than my second, which is interesting because the first one was harder (i couldn't feel myself pushing at all and had an episiotomy done). even after two days in the hospital with dd2 i got home and didn't feel like doing anything for a couple days. all i had that time was a small skid mark and one stitch. i bf'd that time though, so i wonder if maybe that was wearing me out.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was up and showered within an hour of having N and A, but they were both natural births. Z took a bit longer, but the MW doped me up with so much pain medicine during his labor that when it wore off, I had a hard time coping with the pain. My theory is that since I felt the pain, the after pains don't feel as bad.

I tore with all three, Z's and A's were the worst (the tear from A followed the scar from Z). I've BF'd all three... I'm thinking by this point I'm just use to the insomnia. Other than that, I was walking up the stairs (slowly) the night we came home with A (she was a day old). All the bedrooms are on the second floor... but so is our only bathroom. And I've been driving for a few days. I didn't have a choice there though, DH has had to go to training this week and leaves at 5am, so I'm lugging all three kiddies around to get Z to and from school.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had an epidural and felt ok walking around the next day after having both babies.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Haven't had this baby yet but with my first who was a "natural med free birth" I wasn't able to stand up right much less walk for about a week.
With dd and ds2, both c/s, I was up and walking as soon as the numbness from my legs wore off which was 6 hours after their births. I felt fine and back to normal within about 2 days.
This time I am wondering how my recovery will go, I am hoping it is another easy recovery but not sure since I started off heavier this time.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote