Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Thrush question

I went to the doctor and it turns out I have thrush on my left side. DD's mouth isn't white, but the doctor still gave me liquid Nystatin for her. I've been giving it to her 3x a day. She gave me Lotrimin.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Will this work to get the thrush to go away?

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
e_roehm23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thrush question

I'd bleach the cloth diapers if you notice dd has any redness or rash in that area.

My ISO/IHA http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1327857
e_roehm23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
7arrows4Christ
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Thrush question

I've battled thrush off and on, over the last 15 years of nursing my 6 children...number one suggestion, cut back on sugar! That has always been my downfall, I love coffee creamers in my tea!! Take liquid acidophilus, sterilize your bras and/or nursing pads, cloth diapers, take probiotics...are just a few suggestions. While extremely messy, Gentian Violet is a sure fire killer of thrush. Swab your nipples, and inside of your little ones mouth with a Q-tip, and it will wipe out with thrush within 2 days. On extreme cases, I've had to re swab again 7 days later.

Also, examine your diet and see what hidden triggers could be contributing to the yeast overload. Hope you win the battle, and wipe out this monster once and for all!

Erin
7arrows4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4Christ
I've battled thrush off and on, over the last 15 years of nursing my 6 children...number one suggestion, cut back on sugar! That has always been my downfall, I love coffee creamers in my tea!! Take liquid acidophilus, sterilize your bras and/or nursing pads, cloth diapers, take probiotics...are just a few suggestions. While extremely messy, Gentian Violet is a sure fire killer of thrush. Swab your nipples, and inside of your little ones mouth with a Q-tip, and it will wipe out with thrush within 2 days. On extreme cases, I've had to re swab again 7 days later.

Also, examine your diet and see what hidden triggers could be contributing to the yeast overload. Hope you win the battle, and wipe out this monster once and for all!

Erin
Thank you for the tips. I have been eating more sugar than usual lately. I will definitely cut back. Dessert is just so good! If the Lotrimin doesn't work, I will try the Gentian Violet.