Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WW Chat Thursday 1/19

big hugs to all you mamas adjusting to life with a nb again! i'm so worried about this- i think about how much dd2 needs me still, and i wonder how i'm going to balance all three kids the first few weeks, with a move coming up at the beginning of march. baby could potentially only be a couple weeks old at that point! ugh. i may have to resign myself to the fact that this baby may need to spend some time in the bouncy chair instead of being in my arms all the time. by the time i had dd2, dd1 was already five so i was able to keep dd2 with me in my arms almost all the time. both dds were spoiled lol. i thought dd1 was doing fine with the whole baby coming thing (she talks about being excited all the time), but she broke down last night and told me how she feels left out . so i just sat and hugged her for a while. poor kid. she's so good and helpful all the time and dd2 is such a handful i forget she still needs attention. she's 8 but has autism and functions emotionally and socially more on the level of a 5 or 6 year old. i forget that all the time. i know this stuff always works out just from going from one kiddo to two, but i'm nervous about the adjustment period!

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the hugs and well wishes everyone. I get sooo overly hormonal and emotional when I get FL like this. With DD I got it almost every day for 4-6 weeks before she was born (40.4wks). I have been trying to tell myself to find the bright side every time it happens (only 3-4 times so far this pg). I am going to allow myself to cry it out as soon as DD goes down for a nap though. I have read a lot on how releasing pent up emotions and crying late in pg AND labor can help thing progress. Wish me luck!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

whoa- the boys are over running the girls in this ddc - - check out the arrivals list http://diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1291154

AFM- A had her 2 week checkup today. She is 8# 10oz, up 24oz from her going home from the hospital weight. The dr said average is 2oz a day that babies gain and A is gaining 1-1/2oz. . . so not bad.
She did mention that her newborn screening came back that she could have cystic fibrosis but that her reading wasnt high so she wasnt concerned. She has to have the sweat test done in a few months to see what it says but i'm not too worried. The dr said CF babies dont gain weight and well obviously A has gained quite a bit. I've heard that CF is common to get a false positive on the newborn screening.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

wow lots of boys

GL on the test sounds like a false positive though
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amy - I kept thinking "who is this new member?!" LOL! Your changed SN and new avatar totally through me off for a second!
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #16
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday, DH and I were talking about picking up my photography backdrop stand, and backdrops that I had let my bf borrow, for like a year now, that way DH and I could take pics when the baby comes. Anyways, I was like "yeah it will be nice to get pics of the 3 kiddos together"...dh looked at me all serious and asked "why just 3?!" HAHA! This is baby number FOUR. Holy cow, I will be the mom of FOUR kids in just a week - insane! Anyways, we had a good giggle over that It's funny how that blew my mind, even though I have been aware of this for 9 mos.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

yep i changed it..

LOL i feel the same way omg 4 kids that a LOT.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #18
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maria - sorry about the FL, it is awful, I would cry too.

Leah - DH needs to stop being a butt I wouldn't have been very nice about letting him sleep either.

Shannon- fingercrossed that it is a false positive, sounds like one. I am glad to hear your little girl is doing so good

And wow we do have a lot of boys so far, wowza.

Destiny/Amy I keep thinking the same thing, 4 kids. It didn't seem like so many until very recently. I know things will work out but I have to admit I'm a little nervous.

----------
took the kids to play with the moms club today at an indoor play area, then onto the pet store, Carter's and Costco I need a nap now.

Last night I decided that we didn't have enough wipes ( we probably did) so I made a little over 2 dozen more, now I have enough wipes for several more kids
Old 01-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

i always wanted 4, but now i think i'm done at 3. i'd be up for maybe adopting another special needs kid, but i'm done with being pregnant! i never felt this way with the other two.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #20
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuhhh View Post
i always wanted 4, but now i think i'm done at 3. i'd be up for maybe adopting another special needs kid, but i'm done with being pregnant! i never felt this way with the other two.
I feel DONE, too. I never felt done with my others, it was DH who would talk about getting the big "V" done in the past, and it would hurt inside every time he'd bring it up, but now suddenly he doesn't want it, and I'm begging him to go get it done. I.AM.DONE. 4 kiddos, a hubby and a dog is plenty!