Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonitaw
My poor husband has been informed we are going on Saturday. The closest Ethiopian place is an hour and a Half away!! But it sounds soooooo good. If I can find a good recipe for it I'll post it. It can't be hard to make :-)
Did you go? Was it as good as you hoped?

I gladly shared your dh's willingness to drive 1 1/2 hours when my dh complained about the 30 minute drive we have. He got quiet pretty fast :-)

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #12
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was so sick on Friday that I was afraid to spend all that time in the car. What I did do was make some recipes and attempt the injera (hard to do!!!!). Think I'll try a different method next time. The funny thing is that I was nauseous before I ate it then afterward I was fine. I think there is something in it (maybe ginger?) that is soothing for the tummy. Did it hit the spot for you?

Married to DH 4 years, DD born 3/2009

Last edited by sonitaw; 01-24-2012 at 06:15 AM.
sonitaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
[QUOTE="sonitaw"] I was so sick on Friday that I was afraid to spend all that time in the car. What I did do was make some recipes and attempt the injera (hard to do!!!!). Think I'll try a different method next time. The funny thing is that I was nauseous before I ate it then afterward I was fine. I think there is something in it (maybe ginger?) that is soothing for the tummy. Did it hit the spot for you?/QUOTE]

Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #14
pkaskaggs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any cravings?

i am hungry ALL THE TIME! it is out of control. i know i'm going to be big as a house by the end of august! i made dinner tonight before bible study....meatloaf, broccoli, and sweet potatoes. then during bible study, all i could think about was how hungry i was already. afterward i rushed over to taco cabana and ordered 2 bean and cheese tacos. i inhaled those so fast i didn't even really taste them. now as i sit here typing before bed....i'm wondering what i should have for a snack. MADNESS!
pkaskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #15
Erdbeere
Registered Users
seller

I feel you. I am the same way. My husband just roles his eyes at me. Yesterday I wanted a Frappuncino so badly, then we drove by a McD on our way to Starbucks and all I could think about was Ice Cream.

I get so hungry from one second to another that my tummy starts to hurt and I can't think of anything else.

I already gained like 4lbs. in two weeks I am flying overseas to see my family and I am excited like a kid on christmas just thinking about all my fav thinks to eat.
Erdbeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #16
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am starving too but if I eat as much as I want to I puke, every time. So I am on this miserable grazing routine, cereal, cottage cheese, small bowl of real food, oranges, crackers, yogurt, repeat. Last week I inhaled Mexican food only to force my husband to pull over the car so I could throw up, it is so violent that I peed my pants and didn't know it til I got out of the car (poor hubby had to clean up a pee spot from his wife, that's not supposed to happen!!). So as much as I want to fill up that was a sobering moment.

Also cooking makes me nauseous, so I tried something yesterday that worked. I once read that coroners use vicks under their nose to get over the smell of dead bodies, so I smeared a huge blob of vicks under my nose and it worked! I barely smelled dinner, then I could actually enjoy it.

I am taking a transatlantic flight next week and am going to use it the whole way.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #17
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdbeere View Post

I already gained like 4lbs. in two weeks I am flying overseas to see my family and I am excited like a kid on christmas just thinking about all my fav thinks to eat.
Deutschland?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #18
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

avacados!!!! on everything

seriously i had pancakes with refried beans, avacado and syrup the other morning and it was SOOOOO good.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #19
Erdbeere
Registered Users
seller

Yes Sonitaw, Deutschland

My MS is easing off slowly. I hope at least. I am feeling a lot better this week. Yesterday a little bit. But today so far I am good.
Erdbeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
sonitaw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I craved avocados with DD, but this baby like spice -- I can't eat anything without at least a teaspoon of pepper loaded on. I want Chinese, Ethiopian, Indian and the craziest thing is I can keep all of those things down.

@Erdbeere - I used to live in Olderburg and then Tubingen as an exchange student (almost 2 years total). I used to be fluent in German, but I married a Dutchman and learned Dutch, so now my German is completely abge****t :-) I love love love Grunkohl and Pflaumenkuechen, and would die for some Rittersport. Enjoy, and let me know how the trip goes. We are flying to Holland next week. I am smearing vicks under my nose, taking my own food, and several zipping storage bags in case I get sick. I iwll be right at 10 weeks when we fly, MS lasted until about 12 weeks with DD. EEEEK!