Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #11
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Winter Wonders Chat TGIF -1/20

aotd: the only nicknames we have so far is what the cousins can pronounce for the kids. Yaya and B-tiri. We joke that Bernadette will be called B-bernie but who knows.

--------

My kids sleep on their tummies. I keep them in a nest in our bed or pull the crib up to our bed at night so it acts as a cosleeper. I read an article written by a *gasp* pediatrician that promotes cosleeping. They don't promote the baby to sleep on their tummy in the article but they do say as long as mom doesn't smoke, drink or use drugs that she has a heightened sense of the baby's well being even while asleep if they are close to each other (cosleeping). He also promotes attachment parenting in a different article on the website.
http://askdrsears.com/news/latest-ne...eping-concerns

I am tired. Nesting FINALLY hit me yesterday. Wow my house looks nice! DH was getting kinda annoyed I think but he is glad the house looks good. I just need to scrub down the bathroom. Oh goodness it looks like a barn compared to the rest of the house now.

So tell me... why did it take me until my EDD to nest??? Am I going to carry this baby for another month or something?

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
AOTD...the girls have had lots of silly nicknames but no shortened names since names arent really shorten-abla. Lol Nadia has been punkin pie (born on thanksgiving day), my sister has always called her pudie for some reason, goober, and now she's goob. Zoe is booger, booger pants, pants, miss pants, miss mess... There's lots! Lol

Shannon I am jealous you are going to be so far PP by valentines day! I love valentines day! I can't wait still cause I know I won't be pregnant anymore but I'm sure I will still be recovering, wearing only comfy clothes, and not up for leaving the house much yet. Oh well at least I won't be pregnant anymore!

My girls were both side sleepers. That's just how they seemed most comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #13
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

All all my kids have nicknames, we love to give them something special although my ds1 nicknamed my dd because he had trouble saying her name when she was born as he was only 2 years old..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #14
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

aotd: audrey is just audrey. we tried nick names for her, but they never stuck. gwyneth is gwyn, monkey, monster, turkey... but nothing really personal. lol. this baby will end up having a nick name used, because she will either be olivia (which i'll shorten to livvy) or evalyn (which ill shorten to evie (eevee) or eva). all the kids get their full names when they're in trouble, lol!

nothing happening here. dh is home again, sleeping in his chair. i'm about to make him wake up when i'm done with this. he took NYQUIL at 5 am this morning- dork! that stuff will make him out of it for 8 hrs! he can't sleep all day, i feel super cruddy. i was awake at 4 am, got out of bed at 7 am when the cat scratched dd2 on the face @@, made pancakes for everyone because that's all we have in the house to eat (yeah, we go through at least twice as much groceries when dh is home during the day)... now i'm dead. i need to try and wake up and improve my mood so the girls at least have a good day. so discouraged that this baby seems to want to stay put . blah!

my kids have always slept ok on their backs, but i am so paranoid when it comes to babies sleeping. once they're able to roll around on their own though i loosen up a lot.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #15
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am dead today too. I don't want to do anything. Keep waking up at 2 or 3 am and can't go back to sleep. And I have no patience with the girls lately.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I woke up at 4am also Leah. Strange. I was sooo hungry and my hips hurt a lot. So I made breakfast and watched the news in my recliner. I slept through the night last night. No ctx (at least not hard enough to wake me up). I had a restful night. Super excited about that but I am beyond cranky today. I can't handle this much longer.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

I woke up at about 4am as well, and then got a little panicky when I tossed to my other side, because baby didn't do any shifting or nudging after I did, which is unusual. I nudged him around for a few mins, got up to pee, laid back down and nothing...I was SO ready to freak out and grab the doppler, but then I felt him finally move his little head, lol. DH was like Let the poor baby sleep! LOL! He does the same thing once they are born though, freaks out and moves them until they stir...well it's not as easy when I can't SEE him breath inside of me, AND when I can't feel him move with his back pushed out so much lol! He's moving just fine now. Anyways, I hate getting that feeling. Whew!
I cat napped on the couch with DS this morning for 2hrs, felt nice! What would I ever do without Thomas the Train DVD's?!
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was also up at 4. No real reason, just the whole pregnancy insomnia thing I guess.

Aotd: we call ds jofwa a lot bc that's how he used to say his own name. We also call him "the waah" bc from birth we called him joshuwaaaaaah lol

I am probably just being hormonal but I really need to vent. Dh's best friends girlfriend is also pregnant, due the day after me. This entire pregnancy she has been SO dramatic, saying things on her fb constantly about how "L might be coming today, I'm so scared" and constantly talking about all these alleged "problems" she is having. Well I personally don't buy any of it and neither does dh, but we really can't say anything about it. The things she has said just dont make any sense. It just feels a little bit like our pregnancies are some sort of competition between who feels worse, who is having more problems, who's getting this and that done first, etc. And I'm seriously not into it. Its really not a competition or any sort of game that I'm willing to entertain. So shortly after I scheduled my induction for weds at 4am, i find out she scheduled hers for tuesday night at midnight. She has been saying that she was going in Sunday night for weeks now and as soon as I schedule mine all of a sudden, nope, same day. We are so aggravated as we really dont want the girls to share a birthday or act like they are twins or anything like that. Dh really cannot stand his friends gf. I am seriously considering asking my dr to push my induction back a week to avoid being in the hospital at the same time. I just don't know how to feel.

Ok thanks for listening if you made it that far!

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #19
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ugh I typed a whole response and DS froze and it is lost. Anyway here is the 2nd try.

Rachel - I would be irritated by that too.

I am tired of being pg, Ihave a new complaint, I get this pain/spasm in my groin muscle that gets worse throughout the day, by the evening it actually makes my legs buckle, I feel like I am going to fall.

AOTD: Ian is E, Grace is Gracie, Gracie-Pacey, Peanut or G, Leah is Leah peah.

Took the kids to the mall for playgroup this morning. I met a few more of the moms for the first time, everyone seems really nice so far and the kids had fun. Then we walked a few laps, I was trying to get some labor going, no luck on that front.

Now I am trying to clean up, do laundry and not lose it on my kiddos. DS and I are butting heads today.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #20
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aotd: DS1- we call him Buggy, Bug or The V, the baby has been called Baby Amil by DS1 , Baby Bro by DS1, Mo or Little Buddy by DH.

Amil is 3 weeks old today
Please don't grow up too fast!