Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Weekly Chat Jan 20-27

Thought I'd start the new one for today!

Hows everyone feeling? Seems like most of us have finally passed the MS. I've been feeling good, but my hips are killing me. I feel them stretching and seperating like my other pregnancies. Means uncomfortable nights for sure!! But otherwise, doing good!

I really need to get my diet in check. Anyone interested in doing one of those no sweets for two weeks things with me?

Advertisement

Last edited by mabelinoad; 01-20-2012 at 11:36 AM.
mabelinoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

July 20-27? Is that a subconscious desire to be closer to delivery? Lol! I'm also trying to be better about my diet after gaining 6 pounds over. 4 day weekend away. Eating out was not good! I'm also trying my best to exercise daily at some level. So tues, thurs, and today, I'm walking 30 min on the treadmill on my lunch break at the PT dept next door and Wednesday I worked out with my trainer. Tomorrow I'll try to do a 30 min walk in my neighborhood and Sunday we go to the gym to work out. Going to try my best to keep that up.
Other good news: heard back from the local diaper service in Hawaii and they said I could do a 2 wk service when there in September but of course have to pay the service fee and delivery fee like everyone else. And I guess they had issues with visitors bouncing checks in the past so only cash or money order but that's not a big deal for me. She's going to give me a total estimate based off the amount an average 2 month old would need in prefolds each week. What is your experience with that age?
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat July 20-27

Today's a headache day, boo!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat Jan 20-27

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77 View Post
July 20-27? Is that a subconscious desire to be closer to delivery? Lol! I'm also trying to be better about my diet after gaining 6 pounds over. 4 day weekend away. Eating out was not good! I'm also trying my best to exercise daily at some level. So tues, thurs, and today, I'm walking 30 min on the treadmill on my lunch break at the PT dept next door and Wednesday I worked out with my trainer. Tomorrow I'll try to do a 30 min walk in my neighborhood and Sunday we go to the gym to work out. Going to try my best to keep that up.
Other good news: heard back from the local diaper service in Hawaii and they said I could do a 2 wk service when there in September but of course have to pay the service fee and delivery fee like everyone else. And I guess they had issues with visitors bouncing checks in the past so only cash or money order but that's not a big deal for me. She's going to give me a total estimate based off the amount an average 2 month old would need in prefolds each week. What is your experience with that age?
Yes. Yes it was.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok I'm going to prob ask a silly question lol but for you home birthers... Do you have to go in to the hospital afterwards? How do you get a birth certificate or a ped see the baby or anything? Am I missing something? Lol
Old 01-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A big reason for a homebirth is to avoid going to the hospital! Midwives are trained for newborn care. In fact mine do the checks to 6 weeks. The midwife takes care of all the postpartum stuff for the first few hours( and can do stitches if you tear) and then usually comes back the next day to check up on mom and baby again. And then I go to her at 1 week, 3 weeks and 6 weeks. We are responsible to check temps and heart rates every once in awhile for the first couple days. You can just call your regular ped and make an appt after the baby is born if you want to go in right away. And the midwife also sends in the for the birth certificate.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat July 20-27

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpettitt View Post
Today's a headache day, boo!
So sorry! I've been having regular headaches too this time around! It seems that I can't get enought water and with the cold and dry weather we've been having its making it worse! I guess I just need to drink more water, but geez, I am in the bathroom all day. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 01-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I've had a few babies I treat be born at home. The parents, if not already established with me, will do a meet and greet appt with me to get to know me and we go over what to do once baby is born (I have them call the clinic within 48 business hours). It's kind of fun to hear their birth stories when they bring baby in for the first visit.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2G&J

So sorry! I've been having regular headaches too this time around! It seems that I can't get enought water and with the cold and dry weather we've been having its making it worse! I guess I just need to drink more water, but geez, I am in the bathroom all day. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes, although it isn't cold here ..I know I need more water but holy cow my ds just stares at me now when I go yo bathroom yet again.. 2-3 times an hour! I think he thinks I need a diaper like him!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
I know I need more water but holy cow my ds just stares at me now when I go yo bathroom yet again.. 2-3 times an hour! I think he thinks I need a diaper like him!
Ha! I'm already getting up 2-3 times at night, too! It sucks.

Quote:
I've been feeling good, but my hips are killing me. I feel them stretching and seperating like my other pregnancies. Means uncomfortable nights for sure!! But otherwise, doing good!

I really need to get my diet in check. Anyone interested in doing one of those no sweets for two weeks things with me?
Hips are hurting here, too. Not everyday, just some days/evenings. I really, really should do the no sweets thing. I just don't think I can do it... I'll think about it if anyone else will get on board. I'd be lucky to go 2 days, at this point. Should there be some kind of reward involved???
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote