Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat Jan 20-27

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77 View Post
July 20-27? Is that a subconscious desire to be closer to delivery? Lol! I'm also trying to be better about my diet after gaining 6 pounds over. 4 day weekend away. Eating out was not good! I'm also trying my best to exercise daily at some level. So tues, thurs, and today, I'm walking 30 min on the treadmill on my lunch break at the PT dept next door and Wednesday I worked out with my trainer. Tomorrow I'll try to do a 30 min walk in my neighborhood and Sunday we go to the gym to work out. Going to try my best to keep that up.
Other good news: heard back from the local diaper service in Hawaii and they said I could do a 2 wk service when there in September but of course have to pay the service fee and delivery fee like everyone else. And I guess they had issues with visitors bouncing checks in the past so only cash or money order but that's not a big deal for me. She's going to give me a total estimate based off the amount an average 2 month old would need in prefolds each week. What is your experience with that age?
Are you coming to O'ahu? I also contacted the Dolphin Diaper service when I thought there was a possibility of us having triplets, but two in cloth seems much more manageable for me now!

I also have been trying to walk about 2-4 miles a day. It's a mile from my house to DD's school so I have been walking it as often as possible so that I can stay active. The bed rest scare slowed me down, but I am hoping to start back up with both dropping her off and picking her up next week, which is an easy way to get in 4 miles. It goes by quickly and isn't a chore.

Advertisement

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany89
Ok I'm going to prob ask a silly question lol but for you home birthers... Do you have to go in to the hospital afterwards? How do you get a birth certificate or a ped see the baby or anything? Am I missing something? Lol
Ditto to what others said, but my midwifes are also my DD's peds (and will be the peds for this LO), so I get it super good--my babies will continue to see the same doctors from the moment of birth until...whenever! The doctors/midwives see male and female adults too, so even DH will go to them if he needs a doc. So awesome! lol
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #13
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by graces-mommie View Post
Are you coming to O'ahu? I also contacted the Dolphin Diaper service when I thought there was a possibility of us having triplets, but two in cloth seems much more manageable for me now!
Yep! I grew up in Pearl City and my parents still live there so that's where we'll stay when we visit. Won't be there until September though for a quick visit so the Hawaii family and friends can see the baby - most important person will of course be my grandma and I can't wait for her to meet this little one!
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There was a Kanoe hammock on Ebay that I've been stalking all week but the auction was set to end when I would be sleeping early this morning. It's used and from a seller with very little feedback so I decided before I went to bed how much I would be willing to risk on it, put in my bid, and went to sleep. This morning I woke up and I had lost it - by a lot! That sucker went for $260! I don't feel bad about losing it.... I can buy a brand new one in the same colors from the company when they get them in a few more weeks. I bet the poor sucker that paid nearly new price for a used one didn't know that!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I'm new to the Due Date Boards here, but not new to DS at all I am due July 2nd with our 5th child. We have 4 girls (6, 5, 2 and 1) and this baby is our first BOY!

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #16
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

congrats and welcome
Old 01-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #17
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #18
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggaBuggaBoutique View Post
Hi! I'm new to the Due Date Boards here, but not new to DS at all I am due July 2nd with our 5th child. We have 4 girls (6, 5, 2 and 1) and this baby is our first BOY!
wow you already know its a boy! exciting! According to one chart, I'm due July 2nd, too! But who knows..i've had 3 different dds
Old 01-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
wow you already know its a boy! exciting! According to one chart, I'm due July 2nd, too! But who knows..i've had 3 different dds
Yep! I had an ultrasound Thursday

My EDD was 7/4 according to lmp, but they moved it up to 7/2 with a u/s

Old 01-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
Wow! Congrats on a boy! I'm due July 2nd, too!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote