Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #1481
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn
I have a question for you guys but please be gentle.
As I said earlier it looks like I am going to AZ sometime in the next couple months. My question is this, once it is a for sure thing do I stop trying to find a job here? Or keep it going? I won't change my leave date by much if I got one here. It would go from April/May to June/July. The extra money would of course be nice.
Any thoughts?
I would keep trying no reason not to in my opinion

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #1482
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm a thread killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama View Post
I think if your moving whether or not you get a job where your currently at I would be more worried about finding a job where you plan on moving to but at the sane time your move is still a couple months away so money now would be good too......yeah I'm no help lol
Oh I have been looking in AZ. Most the jobs I would apply for though aren't online apps. It is apply in person. I do plan to make a game plan via craigs list, career builder, etc to hit when i get there. So I have a game plan to get a job asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
I would keep trying no reason not to in my opinion
I guess I worry how it will look if I got a job and then leave to move. I refuse to stay here for many reasons. Ex supports the move also. Do I be honest at an interview about my plans? I was hoping to get a temp holiday job but yeah that didn't happen.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #1483
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn

Oh I have been looking in AZ. Most the jobs I would apply for though aren't online apps. It is apply in person. I do plan to make a game plan via craigs list, career builder, etc to hit when i get there. So I have a game plan to get a job asap.

I guess I worry how it will look if I got a job and then leave to move. I refuse to stay here for many reasons. Ex supports the move also. Do I be honest at an interview about my plans? I was hoping to get a temp holiday job but yeah that didn't happen.
I don't know if I would be totally honest you might not get a job if you tell them you plan on quitting
Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #1484
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
I don't know if I would be totally honest you might not get a job if you tell them you plan on quitting
That is my big dilemma. Jobs are so hard to get and I doubt i will be faced with the decision but you never know. I almost feel bad taking the job from someone that will keep it. Though the money would get me a car probably pretty fast after I get there though. hmmm
Old 01-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #1485
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Hi everyone! How are your days going?

We are having a busy but good day. It is almost 1pm. We've had a prenatal visit, swimming lessons, lunch and now the tutor is almost here. Mama is going to need a nap.

Baby looks good. I am measuring 29 weeks (a little big but that is normal for me). Heart beat was 150 and she was kicking the doppler like MAD

mommy2kaitlyn - tough one. What do you do that might help me decide. If you are looking for a less professional job then I think it doesn't matter as much. If you are going into a job where you would have to be company trained for several weeks then I don't think it is fair unless you are super upfront and they maybe only need someone for a little while.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #1486
LittleABC
Registered Users
Formerly: greenfamily9200
seller
seller

My Mood:
Great. I just got my first box of supplies for my business. I am so excited.

Kandy (I can't spell, and my phone can't either)
Old 01-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #1487
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Hi everyone! How are your days going?

We are having a busy but good day. It is almost 1pm. We've had a prenatal visit, swimming lessons, lunch and now the tutor is almost here. Mama is going to need a nap.

Baby looks good. I am measuring 29 weeks (a little big but that is normal for me). Heart beat was 150 and she was kicking the doppler like MAD

mommy2kaitlyn - tough one. What do you do that might help me decide. If you are looking for a less professional job then I think it doesn't matter as much. If you are going into a job where you would have to be company trained for several weeks then I don't think it is fair unless you are super upfront and they maybe only need someone for a little while.
My day has been mainly spent in the bath room. Ugh.

That is good about the baby. I know the busy day and today was going to be but not now.

It would be Mcdonald's, restaurants, hotels(housekeeping or front desk), gas station, etc type of jobs. Just based off of my experience.
Around here temp jobs are holiday or at the stadiums so the major temp jobs are over.
I guess it can't hurt to keep looking. Like I said I doubt anything will happen but you never know. Just kinda feel out things in the interview.
My other thought is about me resume' for AZ. Which looks worse: No job for years or getting one and leaving soon?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #1488
Glassgal
Registered Users

HMMM. The job one is tough. On the one hand if you are not honest with them I would not put them on my resume because they would not be happy. But being honest would probably make them not hire you. I see you kind of addressed the temp thing. I guess having any job is better than none. This way the next place knows you are still hirable. One of the biggest problems getting a job is long periods of unemployment so I would say just keep looking. I think places are more understanding of a major move than job hopping at one location.

Yay for supplies! I love getting stuff like that in the mail. It's like Christmas just for me.

So here are my pictures before and after haircut! As promised. I'll probably delete them later just because I don't like having my picture out there on the interwebz.

Last edited by Glassgal; 02-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Glassgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #1489
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama View Post
just to make y'all feel better about your laundry lol I have to wash all this plus put away two loads I already folded plus fold another load that's already in a basket plus the washer and dryer are already going plus fold a load of dipes funny thing is I don't remember taking a break :/ where the heck did it all come from!?!?

Attachment 93495
Thats about half of my " to wash" pile and a third of my "needs to be put away pile." Yeah, we have too much laundry!
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #1490
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleABC View Post
Great. I just got my first box of supplies for my business. I am so excited.

Kandy (I can't spell, and my phone can't either)
Awesome!
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote