Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #141
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I'm a thread killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
My car just left for the first time in 5 days. We have about a 100 yard paved drive on a hill and even with a small tractor DH just couldn't get it plowed enough to drive up. We hardly ever get snow here and I have had enough - major CABIN FEVER. My MIL and I are locked in together with 4 kids day after day. I do like my MIL BUT not that much, not after a month long visit and not when we can't leave the house!
My husband would probably end up needing a body bag if we were stuck in the house together for 1 day let alone 5

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #142
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful mother View Post
The plus sign next to the quote button.

I know I won't be getting anymore Ice Cream if we don't have any cause, when dh went to work his truck wouldn't start so he took the Suburban and the little fuel economy car can't get anywhere in the snow cause we have the stupidest road crews in the world They go by on the main road in front of our house plowing bare pavement 2x with 3 trucks each time (this is only counting the times once it was bare) but they can't bother to clear the county road next to our house that everyone's driveways are on. Are driveway is less than 50 yards off the main road they have plowed multiple times but we can't get the little car out.
Rock it! Seriously rock the car. Put it in drive and reverse back and forth. I got my van stuck once..I pulled a bone headed move. I should have known better since I am from South Dakota but yeah I tried to be macho mama in her van and got stuck. Everyone was trying to help. I am like leave me alone I will get it out! This guy was trying to push my van as I was reversing. Made me so nervous I might run over him or something. I ended up getting out and pushing a SUV that got stuck on ice stopping to try and help me. I would only go though if you absolutely needed to though. I used to have a little Geo storm. I still got around on roads here when they were closed...they close so fast down here it is nuts so probably 5-6 inches out. I got the van stuck in about 2 ft.

Quote:
Thank you - your post reminded me to look up this business I drive past. We just moved here. I found a scooping parlour and creamery like 5 minutes from my house. They even make custom flavours!!!
Oh you are sooo lucky! Custom flavours! That could be so fun!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #143
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
My husband would probably end up needing a body bag if we were stuck in the house together for 1 day let alone 5
Literally LOL!
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #144
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyinthesun
Maybe its time to change the title to, "The Thread That Refused To Die", or "The Incompetent Thread Killers", or "TKS Flunkees"

This is the thread that never ends... yes it goes on and on my friends! Some people started typing, not knowing what to say. And they'll continue typing forever just because....

Sent from my bed or on the move.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #145
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
Rock it! Seriously rock the car. Put it in drive and reverse back and forth. I got my van stuck once..I pulled a bone headed move. I should have known better since I am from South Dakota but yeah I tried to be macho mama in her van and got stuck. Everyone was trying to help. I am like leave me alone I will get it out! This guy was trying to push my van as I was reversing. Made me so nervous I might run over him or something. I ended up getting out and pushing a SUV that got stuck on ice stopping to try and help me. I would only go though if you absolutely needed to though. I used to have a little Geo storm. I still got around on roads here when they were closed...they close so fast down here it is nuts so probably 5-6 inches out. I got the van stuck in about 2 ft.
Dh got it stuck! He did eventually get it back in the driveway doing that, our concern is getting it out on the busy road, by the time you get it moving there will be a car. I'll have to sacrifice for the sake of not getting hit!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #146
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post
This is the thread that never ends... yes it goes on and on my friends! Some people started typing, not knowing what to say. And they'll continue typing forever just because....

Awesome!
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #147
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn

Oh you are sooo lucky! Custom flavours! That could be so fun!
Good advice. I don't have this problem but I hope to at some point.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #148
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post

We used to skip school to watch lamb chop in high school it came on during lunch but ended after we were supposed to be back.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #149
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal View Post
I saw the thread. Kandy, if you pop back in here, we are thinking of you and you LO, hoping for the best.

Another insomniac east coaster. See now we can have regional chapters that are subdivided in shifts so someone is always posting. Thus thread will never die!!!
Awesome! I am glad I am not alone!

Quote:
My car just left for the first time in 5 days. We have about a 100 yard paved drive on a hill and even with a small tractor DH just couldn't get it plowed enough to drive up. We hardly ever get snow here and I have had enough - major CABIN FEVER. My MIL and I are locked in together with 4 kids day after day. I do like my MIL BUT not that much, not after a month long visit and not when we can't leave the house!
She is alive? Wow your one strong woman! My exMIL yeah well I won't say it but I couldn't have done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyinthesun View Post
So since Tina always gets to talk about her spoon and all natural bleach, perhaps we shall add to our siggys, "Need a thread killed? No thread too big or small!"
You are awesome! I love it!

Quote:
Exactly! My ex's job is down to 1-3 days a week! Now back down to 1-2 it looks like. I want to strangle him! There are reasons he is an ex! I can't find a job and he can't find another, it stinks! I so can't wait to go move to AZ. I pray I find a job fast there. I think I will be able to.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #150
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Dh got it stuck! He did eventually get it back in the driveway doing that, our concern is getting it out on the busy road, by the time you get it moving there will be a car. I'll have to sacrifice for the sake of not getting hit!
Oh I know that move. We used to live on a busy road. Street parking only. Plows come by and left drifts upto the bottom of my van. It was not easy. I was so scared I would hit the car in front or behind me or one coming either way. I never did though. No matter how much digging it didn't matter we always had to rock it to get out so we gave up digging unless it was higher then bottom of the van. I miss my van.
Yeah I wouldn't go out unless you had to or go shovel if you can first at least for ruts for the tires.
We would be going because ex had to be at work. Hotels don't close when everyone else does.