Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #1491
mommy2kaitlyn's Avatar
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western South Dakota
Posts: 16,111
My Mood:
Re: I'm a thread killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleABC View Post
Great. I just got my first box of supplies for my business. I am so excited.

Kandy (I can't spell, and my phone can't either)
Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal View Post
HMMM. The job one is tough. On the one hand if you are not honest with them I would not put them on my resume because they would not be happy. But being honest would probably make them not hire you. I see you kind of addressed the temp thing. I guess having any job is better than none. This way the next place knows you are still hirable. One of the biggest problems getting a job is long periods of unemployment so I would say just keep looking. I think places are more understanding of a major move than job hopping at one location.

Yay for supplies! I love getting stuff like that in the mail. It's like Christmas just for me.

So here are my pictures before and after haircut! As promised. I'll probably delete them later just because I don't like having my picture out there on the interwebz.
Yeah the jobs thing is hard. I see your point. I think I will keep trying. I hope the big move will help me anyway when I get down there, though jobs aren't an issue in the area I am going to.

I like the pics! You look great either way! The new one is cute and looks like less work, well unless you have my hair.

Advertisement

__________________
Proud Single Mommy of: 1 & 9 angels in heaven. Swags
I will not change my belief's, actions, parenting style, etc just because it offends you! I won't be offended by your belief's, actions, parenting style, etc either. ISO Goodnites Coupons
mommy2kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #1492
mommyinthesun's Avatar
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 2,944
Re: I'm a thread killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal View Post
HMMM. The job one is tough. On the one hand if you are not honest with them I would not put them on my resume because they would not be happy. But being honest would probably make them not hire you. I see you kind of addressed the temp thing. I guess having any job is better than none. This way the next place knows you are still hirable. One of the biggest problems getting a job is long periods of unemployment so I would say just keep looking. I think places are more understanding of a major move than job hopping at one location.

Yay for supplies! I love getting stuff like that in the mail. It's like Christmas just for me.

So here are my pictures before and after haircut! As promised. I'll probably delete them later just because I don't like having my picture out there on the interwebz.
Cute!
__________________
J-Mom to H (11), L(6), A(12/12/12)
ISO/IHA
Help us win a trip to Disney!
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #1493
okiemama's Avatar
okiemama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oklahoma of course: )
Posts: 3,452
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal
HMMM. The job one is tough. On the one hand if you are not honest with them I would not put them on my resume because they would not be happy. But being honest would probably make them not hire you. I see you kind of addressed the temp thing. I guess having any job is better than none. This way the next place knows you are still hirable. One of the biggest problems getting a job is long periods of unemployment so I would say just keep looking. I think places are more understanding of a major move than job hopping at one location.

Yay for supplies! I love getting stuff like that in the mail. It's like Christmas just for me.

So here are my pictures before and after haircut! As promised. I'll probably delete them later just because I don't like having my picture out there on the interwebz.
your haircut is very similar to mine but my hair started out longer lol its a big adjustment! I'm still not in love with it most days but every now and then it does what its supposed to do lol I had to cut it all off due to a crappy hair dresser that fried it with a perm!
__________________
wife to my hard working oil patch hunny hershalmama to abigail 2-12-10and big sis elizabeth 4-21-03
okiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #1494
Glassgal's Avatar
Glassgal
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia pa
Posts: 1,916
Re: I'm a thread killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama View Post
your haircut is very similar to mine but my hair started out longer lol its a big adjustment! I'm still not in love with it most days but every now and then it does what its supposed to do lol I had to cut it all off due to a crappy hair dresser that fried it with a perm!
Ugh, that stinks about the perm. Did they fix it for you or did you have to pay for it? Not that I would want someone who screwed up my hair to be the one to fix it though. I seem to have very cooperative hair since I can pretty much roll out of bed and I'm good. I love not having to do anything to it or having it fall in my face. That was my biggest annoyance before,hair in my eyes. Ha, no more!
__________________
Kris, Glass Artist supreme and mother to Sophia
"Without art the 'earth' is just 'Eh'"
Glassgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #1495
okiemama's Avatar
okiemama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oklahoma of course: )
Posts: 3,452
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal

Ugh, that stinks about the perm. Did they fix it for you or did you have to pay for it? Not that I would want someone who screwed up my hair to be the one to fix it though. I seem to have very cooperative hair since I can pretty much roll out of bed and I'm good. I love not having to do anything to it or having it fall in my face. That was my biggest annoyance before,hair in my eyes. Ha, no more!
I couldn't get in to my regular lady so I stupidly picked a different shop instead of being patient lol I've done this to my hair dresser more than once she just shakes her head at me I look down in shame and tell her to shut up lol
__________________
wife to my hard working oil patch hunny hershalmama to abigail 2-12-10and big sis elizabeth 4-21-03
okiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #1496
Glassgal's Avatar
Glassgal
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia pa
Posts: 1,916
Re: I'm a thread killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemama View Post
I couldn't get in to my regular lady so I stupidly picked a different shop instead of being patient lol I've done this to my hair dresser more than once she just shakes her head at me I look down in shame and tell her to shut up lol
My mom goes to that hairdresser. I used to when I lived in that town. It was always funny the look she would give when she knew we cut our own hair or colored it ourselves or something like that. Basically exactly how you described it.
__________________
Kris, Glass Artist supreme and mother to Sophia
"Without art the 'earth' is just 'Eh'"
Glassgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #1497
Glassgal's Avatar
Glassgal
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia pa
Posts: 1,916
Re: I'm a thread killer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLW0M...eature=related
I just needed to share this, The best part is the booster seat in the end. It made me think of some of the threads I've seen here.
__________________
Kris, Glass Artist supreme and mother to Sophia
"Without art the 'earth' is just 'Eh'"
Glassgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #1498
okiemama's Avatar
okiemama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oklahoma of course: )
Posts: 3,452
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLW0M...eature=related
I just needed to share this, The best part is the booster seat in the end. It made me think of some of the threads I've seen here.
lol
__________________
wife to my hard working oil patch hunny hershalmama to abigail 2-12-10and big sis elizabeth 4-21-03
okiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #1499
Scarlett's mommy's Avatar
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lawton, ok
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLW0M...eature=related
I just needed to share this, The best part is the booster seat in the end. It made me think of some of the threads I've seen here.
__________________
going down with the ship.
Scarlett's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #1500
mommy2kaitlyn's Avatar
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western South Dakota
Posts: 16,111
My Mood:
Re: I'm a thread killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLW0M...eature=related
I just needed to share this, The best part is the booster seat in the end. It made me think of some of the threads I've seen here.
Way to funny
__________________
Proud Single Mommy of: 1 & 9 angels in heaven. Swags
I will not change my belief's, actions, parenting style, etc just because it offends you! I won't be offended by your belief's, actions, parenting style, etc either. ISO Goodnites Coupons
mommy2kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.