Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #181
Glassgal
Registered Users

Re: I'm a thread killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful mother View Post
I better sign out for the night I have a little one needing sleep and dh will be home in a short time

And I'm in on the special AZ conspiracy theory concentration camp dedicated to thread killers on DS!
Good night. I should probably go lie in bed and try to sleep considering that I have to start getting ready for work in like 5 hours. Tomorrow might be a very eventful day. The business I help run is having landlord issues and he threatened to padlock the studio door tomorrow so I might have a fun day of dropping the hammer on this douche bag. Little does he know that I know the law and doing that is a criminal matter that carries fine between $100-$300 and up to 90 days in jail. If he does I'm going to call him to inform him that as soon as I hang up I'm going to call the police and we can see who gets there first to remedy the situation. I have not had a good old fashioned throw down in a while and am looking forward to it.

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #182
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassgal View Post
Good night. I should probably go lie in bed and try to sleep considering that I have to start getting ready for work in like 5 hours. Tomorrow might be a very eventful day. The business I help run is having landlord issues and he threatened to padlock the studio door tomorrow so I might have a fun day of dropping the hammer on this douche bag. Little does he know that I know the law and doing that is a criminal matter that carries fine between $100-$300 and up to 90 days in jail. If he does I'm going to call him to inform him that as soon as I hang up I'm going to call the police and we can see who gets there first to remedy the situation. I have not had a good old fashioned throw down in a while and am looking forward to it.
Sounds like a good time
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #183
Glassgal
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyinthesun View Post
Prevention of chilblains:

Keeping your feet warm is an important way to prevent chilblains - use trousers, high top boots, tights, leg warmers and long, thick woollen socks. If your feet do get cold, allow them to warm up slowly - do not put them straight in front of a source of heat (this gives a chance for the circulation to respond to the warming skin). Do not let the feet become exposed to any source of direct heat (eg a heater), especially if the foot is very cold - this is a common factor causing chilblains. Smoking also interferes with the circulation in the small blood vessels and increases the risk of getting chilblains.

Once a chilblain develops:

* do not rub or scratch chilblains

* avoid direct heat (ie do not expose the feet to a heater), but keep the feet warm by the use of woollen socks and footwear

* use soothing lotions (eg calamine lotion)

* if the skin is broken, use an antiseptic dressing to prevent the chilblains becoming infected

* those with diabetes or poor circulation should see a Podiatrist. The risk of further complications from the chilblains in those with a foot that is 'at risk' is too high to delay seeking professional help

* thermal or insulating insoles can help keep the foot warm to prevent chilblains

* lanolin or a similar lotion that is rubbed into the feet will help stimulate the circulation

* there are a number of natural or homeopathic remedies that are recommended for the treatment of chilblains. Some of these do appear to help some people.

Thats what I found. Sounds awful
Oh, sweet! Everything I found said to go to a doctor with no other info. It is pretty awful and hurts like hell. I thought my toe was broken for a while then I saw the spots and started my self diagnosis. Which of course eventually led me to begin thinking that I would die tomorrow from some rare flesh eat virus. Dang google, feeding my paranoia.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #184
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ohh I am over due for one to! I can't stand people that are a pain!
I love my landlords! They not only are out of our hair as far as this house unless we call for a repair. They hire my ex whenever they can for security at their business. It is an old theater that hold small concerts and stuff.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:40 AM   #185
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Oh, sweet! Everything I found said to go to a doctor with no other info. It is pretty awful and hurts like hell. I thought my toe was broken for a while then I saw the spots and started my self diagnosis. Which of course eventually led me to begin thinking that I would die tomorrow from some rare flesh eat virus. Dang google, feeding my paranoia.
LOL! Everything I found said it clears up in 7-14days and just to do the above treatment
Old 01-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #186
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

I killed it! I killed it! I killed it!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #187
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Still waiting to bury this. Funeral tomorrow at 8.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #188
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
I thought I was the only thread killer.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #189
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Still waiting to bury this. Funeral tomorrow at 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenBee View Post
I thought I was the only thread killer.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #190
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

No no I killed it.

Stayed up 2 hours late just to post that

ETA - for anyone worried about DH driving in an ice storm.
The bugger didn't buy ice cream! MIL and him closed out wal-mart and ran out of time to get half the stuff we needed NOW I have to go back with 4 kids and pregnant self...
Someone have that body bag???

Last edited by mg5g; 01-21-2012 at 01:08 AM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote