Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #3741
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm a thread killer!

I am from Nebraska. Yeah...not so crunchy around here. I'm the only babywearer I know and cloth diapering, while slowly catching on, is not even on the radar!

We will be planting our garden soon too! I don't plant until early May because we still get frost advisories (we had one last night...today is supposed to get to a high of 78...but it was 33 this morning). I'm doing small this year...LOTS of tomatoes, 1 or 2 cucumbers, 1 zucchini and MAYBE potatoes (though I need to get those in SOON!)

Sarah...you cannot judge yourself by your "class". We are in a strange spot...in my family we are "high class" drive the nicest vehicles, best paying jobs, etc. On dh's side we are the "bottom class". Our vehicles are the oldest...dh makes the least money...it's kind of an awkward place to be.

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #3742
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks you two for the sweet words. I'm actually kinda confident about being so poor. In the way that I don't mind mentioning it if it comes up, kwim. I enjoy shareing my thriftyness and self sufficiency, lol. Hey, it may help someone with some new ideas! Your right, if someone doesn't want to give me that chance at getting to know me because of money, fooey. We drive nice vehicles and we keep our land/house so clean, youd never know we were so poor. When I got my back pay for my approval for disability, we used the money in a very responsible manner. We bought this place, paid for 2 descent vehicles, put up fencing, cleared the property, fruit trees are in, and a very long gravel drive. We were able to open the boys 2 small college accnts. The house didn't come with appliances, so we had to get all of those. We spent it well, just sad it went so fast, haha.

Hey Melissa, I bet your poor abd muscles are acheing from all the contractions you have had. Cut yourself some slack! Come on in and complain girl! If you had a rough day/night, feel free to tell us about it.

Glad you guys are getting in the gardening mood! Come over to the homesteading forum! The momas there are so sweet. It's my safe zone aside of this thread. Very helpfull group of momas! I can't wait to see the pics! I think I posted the link to mine here?
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #3743
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Urg I was trying to attach a pic but it didn't work out....

I'll try again later.

Last edited by mg5g; 04-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #3744
Glassgal
Registered Users

Hey all. Sarah I agree about the class thing. I'm actually a step down from where my parents are but I would rather be poor and have my life than rich and have never known what I have learned about life from being poor. Being in the arts I know a lot of super rich people, some self made, some through inheritance. All the self made people are amazing examples of what a person in civilized society should be. The ones who had thier money handed to them are intolerable. Class has nothing to do with money. It's about the kind of person you are.
Holly, god bless you because I could just not live in a place that is cold that late into the year. It probably has its perks and I don't mind the cold as long as it ends by march.

Melissa, you have had a rough time, do b**** all you want girl!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #3745
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are so articulated Kris! You always have the best things to say, and are such a great woman! Thank you sweetie!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #3746
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I do get very sick of the cold. I remember having record temps of -20 and record highs of 109 in the same year. Last year we had a snow storm drop 21 inches in 2 days and in the summer had 4 inches of rain in an hour that flooded half the town.

It gets a little crazy around here...but I get to have a huge wardrobe and I love that we experience every season.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #3747
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well crud, I have Cayden's cold and so does William. I was really hopeing this would be out of the house before thurs. Fooey!

I made a hard decission last night. Kinda embarasing to take about, but oh well. I'm gonna go by the food bank today. I called and they open at 8. The hosp isn't gonna supply a parent tray, just a bag lunch. DH said the Ronald mcDonald house is too far for me to walk for dinner. We're gonna need all the money we can come up with. Especially with Cayden being on special diets that transition when he get's home. When we get there I will ask again about a gas card or any other help. I don't stinkin know what to do. I've never worked at a hosp that didn't provide a parent tray. It just further confirmed DH's beliefs about hospitals being all about money.

I'll pop by later. Hope everyone is haveing a beautifull day!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #3748
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Hi everyone - busy day today... no baby

Oh Sarah! You just hold your head up high there hun! I can only imagine what an added stress being worried about finances must add to being already worried about surgery. This too shall pass (one of my fav. expressions for when times are hard) I HATE how they don't provide food for adults - our children's doesn't either.

Holly - seasons must be nice! We have summer and rain. It POURED today - one of those get soaked to the skin running from the car days. My poor cows were drenched. They won't go in the shelter thing though - DH is going to move their salt block (IE candy) when he gets a chance to inside the shelter.

Kris - I hear you on self made vs handed their wealth for attitude. We are (I guess) upper middle class. I honestly don't know the average income here but I DO know that most families have two parents working and don't have as many kids so the fact that we can do both and still be ok makes me think we must be on the upper end although it doesn't feel like it!!! Anyway my point is we still don't feel like we even belong in our neighbourhood - we don't take anything for granted and want to make sure our kids don't either. We've gone from basically homeless to where we are now in less then 10 years. I think it makes DH and my marriage stronger too to have been through so much together. I wish things had been easier sometimes BUT in the end our journey was so worth it!

And today's grump fest --- my mom is FINALLY here. She was supposed to come 2 weeks ago but kept putting it off. BUT she is driving me NUTS already. I have no idea how someone can be in a bad mood the moment they wake up. AND she is treating me like a little kid and running me ragged. I was looking up a phone number online and got in heck for being on the computer instead of cleaning!!! I suppose I know now how my kids feel. I am happy she is here - no more frantic phone calls for her to drive over an hour so I can go to the hospital and no more being home alone until all hours hoping I don't go into labour BUT goodness this is going to be a hard few days/weeks.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 AM   #3749
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww, sorry sweetie! Hide the sharpies! I remember you saying she puts them in the bottom drawer. Hope she gives you some help and support hun! I'd be right over if I could!

Well, I went and got food yesterday. We officially have some food again! There was no way we were makeing it till my check got here. I thing I'm gonna smuggle in sone bread and pb and some other snacks.

We're all really sick, Cayden is feeling better though. I'm gonna call the surgion today and see if it's ok to still do it if he was sick. I think it will be ok. I sure as heck can't do the waiting again.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #3750
Glassgal
Registered Users

Awe, Melissa, hang in there. I have the same problem with my mom where she still treats me like a child. It ticks me off to no end but I just don't know what to do about it. But I have to admit I am a TOTAL grump in the mornings. So much so that DH knows to not bother me with anything at all for the first hour of the day. Unfortunately I think that DD either inherited or picked this trait up from me which makes morning that much more fun around here.

Holly, that sounds awful! I can't imagine having that much of an extreme weather wise. It kind of sounds like the desert except you get each extreme for long stretches at a time.

Sarah, good for you for getting out there and getting help for your family, not letting pride get in the way. It takes a lot of strength to do that. I hope you feel better. I'm sure the last thing you needed right now was to get sick.

AFM: I actually took a day off yesterday! DH let me sleep until 3PM! I was in bed at 11 so obviously I needed it. Then we went over to the IL's for dinner where I couldn't eat anything except plain noodles because there where mushrooms in everything and I'm allergic to mushrooms. DH does not get the whole food allergy thing. He is always like a little bit will not kill you. He doesn't get that allergies like that just get progressively worse the more you expose yourself. Maybe one day it will sink in. DD is pretty much totally potty learned now. No more diapers at night, no accidents at all, she didn't even wet when she was still wearing diapers at night. I'm so excited about it. Rosie has developed this ridiculously cute new habit where in the morning she jumps up on the bed, puts her paws on my shoulders and gives me a hug when I stand in front of the bed. She is so freaking sweet. It makes me sad to think of how people are terrified of her just because of how she looks. Although peoples fear of her has come in handy lately. For example, last week I had to deposit a check in my bank at night on my way home and the bank is in the same neighborhood as the studio which is one of the worse ones in the entire city. I took her into the ATM booth with me and when I left there where like five guys waiting outside for us to leave. No one wanted to go in there with the two of us. Anyway, lots to do today so I will check in later tonight. Take care everyone.